What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » The Gathering of Ultimates» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Gathering of Ultimates
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-20-2003 2:15 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And incredibly short story sorta for the hell of it. It's not incredibly detailed, but I like it that way, enjoy.

The world hummed. The small terra planet simply hummed. Upon it stood a large number of incredibly powerful beings, each arriving in their own way, heading towards a common pole.

As they moved closer together the hum did not grow louder, but clearer. Finally, as they arrived at their point, a steady stream of harmonic symphony resounded throughout the land. They put there hands together while in a huddle, strengthening the ancient pact they made when they first met and fought their first common foe. As the put their hands back down to their sides the hum softened, but a greater sense of power could be felt from it. A single voice from the crowd spoke out.

"So... here we are, all of us, and our children. Our first enemy has returned. How is beyond imagination, but we know why. It is said he know harbors a gang of his own, with beings of our total opposite. He nears us now, and this is our battlefield."

"It's smaller than the other one, and we nearly destroyed it. This one doesn't stand a chance."

"I've made some adjustments, the entire planet is enchanted, no risk of that."

"Right. Well then, shall we ready?"

So they posed, poised, and readied. A brilliant aura of blue spread out from them, acting like an immense beacon, signaling to the first enemy their position.

"It starts."

Pi, Perdita, Poch.

Celestian, Celestius.

Tdrak, Dracula, Savreal.

Sensya, Aurora.

Primian, Bok.

Shrapnel, Teri.

Edger, Hex.

Shatch, Nether.

Tokopa, Oytok.

Aspian, Pastine.

Wish, Source.

Chloe, Rufus.

Twenty-five of the universe's greatest beings, gathered in one spot. After all of their trials and tribulations the original thirteen have nearly doubled in size, bringing along their closest friends and family. Each and everyone one of their existences is unnatural. Many should have died or never been born, others have already died, the others have chanced upon bizarre accidents which sould've robbed them of their very being. All still exist.

They've battled eachother in the Creators' Mock-War. They've battle thier First Enemy on that planet, when they first made their vows. They'd each hand battles before that, but never so intense, which really saying something. Since then their battles have been easier, but still not easy. But, through that time they've managed to survive, again and again. Now, however, their existence is truly threatened. Great beings equal or greater than them now race toward the tiny planet. Each designed to counter their abilities and destroy them.

Pale, Path, Pirm.

Infernal, Infernicus.

Zlesk, Znbia, Tirk.

Vance.

Shard, Digg.

Sol, Deci.

Fles, Choice.

Trok, Yutro.

Cord, Presk.

Curse, Virus.

Anima, Cruet.

Mauluk.

So the twenty-three evil forms crossed the galaxies, each by their own means. As the each landed on the planet the wondrouss hum and blue glow from the twenty-five diminished. When all were on the tiny planet the hum and glow were nothing but an brooding silence, the calm before the storm. Both teams now stood at opposite poles of the planet, readying themselves for the fight to come.
The move to the meeting place was quick. Nearly all members of each team had some mode of instantaneous travel, the others could move incredibly fast. Each team stood in their own pattern; Mauluk's aligned in a triangle behind him, the Team's aligned in a dead-straight line.

"Why, Mauluk, you've only brought twenty-three, and there are twenty-five of us."

"HA! Your pets don't begin to count as warriors. Though, I won't be fighting this fight, you disgusting beast, Vance will personally take on you AND Sensya, easily."

"Ha."

His laugh was feeble as a slight fear began to set in. Mauluk had a way of being evil without lying. In fact, he'd normally tell you exactly what he was doing while he was going, which is quite terrorizing. And thus each team stood in an endless moment to be forever remembered. Though that moment would never be forgotten, who fired the first shot would.

Magick and Elements collided, weapons clashed and reality shifted. Everything seemed so unreal, even to the fighters. Here were the greatest in all history, and they opposites trained and made to destroy them. Mauluk and Sensya floated high above, giving orders and casting defenses. Below the tides shifted, Mauluk's team winning, ten of Sensya's warriors down. The tides changed again as Primian unleashed the full fury of his anger-channeling club. The force of thousands of nuclear warheads exploded upon Vance, casting him into oblivion.

With his own foe down, Primian was able to help the others, especially the one's taking on more than one enemy. His mace was more than could have ever been expected, and with the combined efforts of his team mates, the foes' numbers quickly dwindled.

Mauluk roared with anger far above, his cry unleashing untold energies unto the battlefield, knocking out all but a few of the original warriors, including his own men.

Pi.

Tdrak.

Primian.

And far above, Sensya with his pet Dragon, Aurora. Easily the four most-powerful beings on either side, save Mauluk himself. The two airborne leaders took to the ground, preparing from the fight now truly upon them.

"You fools. You think four of you can take on me? Last time thirteen could barely banish me for a few years. Ha! You'll die, and quickly, too."

"Five."

"What?"

"There are five of us."

As Sensya spoke his words, his sister-like pet revealed her true power. She was Aurora, from the smallest species of Dragon, from the greatest line in history. She was the direct descendant of the first Dragon to ever exist, the Great Aurora Borealis, for which she is named. Her great-grandmother of generations past descended from the sky, in all her massive glory. She, the first Dragons ever, was also one of their first sources of Magick, and Life. She now hovered above the tiny planet, her giant size complete encasing it. Her breath, quite gentle to Sensya and company, rained down upon Mauluk in a supernatural storm, tearing most of the flesh from his bones.

He was not dead of course, but that was not the point. Aurora had done her work, Mauluk was now unable to use any Magick at all. The others, however, and received the opposite effects from the breath, giving them powers beyond their imagination. Sensya was finally able to tap into the Uni Morum, a plane of pure energy, pure power, of infinity. His and the others forms altered, powering up. Mauluk no longer stood a chance.

It ended shortly. All energies poured into a single weapon, Primian's Club of the Sankas Tree. With the combined power of them and Primian's rage, the weapon bursted Mauluk into uncountable pieces. His explosion gave the others enough time to revive two choice warriors, Shrapnel and Aspian. Together, with Pi, they sealed of every atom of Mauluk and the other planar equivalent. Truly, every fiber of Mauluks existence was now locked away, scattered throughout this universe and the next.

Now was the time for Spectral Tdrak to take his turn. With the nature of his existence he is able to alter others'. And so he did to Mauluk's, who, now scattered, could easily be removed. Mauluk no longer existed, anywhere. His team was locked away, not destroyed, in a place which would rehabilitate them, and train them for the Team's cause.

The parting of the ultimates now took place, each warrior having been revived. The battle had appeared short by their godly standards, but an elapsed time of ten years took place. Their homes were now greatly changed as such mortal things quickly do. But they were content. Their hard battle was over, not quite as difficult as expected. Their content could only last a few short months before a new evil arose, the master of Mauluk, OmniMal, Total Evil.

06-24-2009 10:48 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
The world hummed.

Planet can't fucking carry a tune. Now Io, that fucker has a set of pipes.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-24-2009 11:16 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...man Ed's RP characters were ass

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

06-24-2009 11:18 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He couldn't even make-pretend in a way that didn't come off as grating

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

06-24-2009 11:21 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I know, I thought the point of RPing was telling a story with others

I would assume, from this, that you're supposed to make your character(s) the least bit interesting, or if not interesting you can cop out and make them funny/entertaining

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

06-27-2009 10:11 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You are correct.

Ed failed in that respect.
06-27-2009 10:55 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Aregular Hopoge Albono:
You are correct.

Ed failed.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-08-2009 11:01 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I'm not gonna argue with that.

12-08-2009 3:39 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

At least you can use the excuse you were some age before 20

12-08-2009 5:22 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I use that often!
12-11-2009 6:24 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hey, we're made to learn and grow from our failures.

I just wanted plenty of opportunity for growth!

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » The Gathering of Ultimates