What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » The music you listen to is stupid.» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The music you listen to is stupid.
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-09-2011 5:35 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Probably

I'm gonna say yes.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

09-09-2011 5:45 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Articuno:
Didn't we already do this with um, the guy who talks to the rabbit that only he can see and hear and gets crushed by an airplane or some shit?

And the guy at the end of S5 dies, too. So yeah, same movie, basically.
09-09-2011 5:48 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Jesus.

Both movies I have and will avoid like the plague.

Teddy Roosevelt: To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

09-09-2011 6:16 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Don't watch Donnie Darko, no, unless you want to stop liking Mad World.
09-09-2011 6:29 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You mean the song? I love that song. Kawaii

Teddy Roosevelt: To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

09-09-2011 6:33 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yes, that song. They use it (possibly a cover version by another guy. Not sure) as the ending of the movie, where Donnie dies and is wheeled out of his house into the ambulance.

The song was further soiled by being prominent in the earliest Gears of War commercials.
09-09-2011 6:35 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Tears for Fears - Mad World

Here's the original as far as I know. Luv Tears for Fears.

90% sure Gears of War used a remixed/cover or whatever. God forbid they use an 80s song!

09-09-2011 6:42 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Cover version

It popped up in a lot of stuff for a while, or it popped up in that movie and some commercials anyway

Somebody "fixed" the gears of war ad so it was the original version and as I remember it made a lot more sense that way since it's footage of some dude in like future alien-stalingrad so setting it to a droning, slowed down version makes sorta no sense when shit is being blasted apart and he's chainsawing a guy to death at one point.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

09-09-2011 7:03 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That cover version... I can't fucking stand it anymore. Never again.
09-10-2011 5:26 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Huh. I've actually heard of Tears for Fears before, namely their cover of "Sweet Dreams Are Made Out of This".

...Though I still swear the way they swing it has it as THESE, not this.
09-10-2011 11:42 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sweet Dreams are made of this. Or you can just call it sweet dreams.

Also...Tears for Fears did a cover of that? I don't...recall

09-10-2011 12:12 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

everybody wants to rule the world like tears for fears

09-10-2011 1:13 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Articuno:
Sweet Dreams are made of this. Or you can just call it sweet dreams.

Also...Tears for Fears did a cover of that? I don't...recall

i dont remember it either and i cant find it, either

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

09-10-2011 1:23 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Mayhem:
That cover version... I can't fucking stand it anymore. Never again.

Like I said, it seemed to suddenly just kind of show up and be everywhere, then immediately disappear like everybody collectively went "We..we made a mistake didn't we...okay from here on out, this never happened, we speak of it to no one" like society had just collectively ended up having to bury somebody.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-10-2011 2:58 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Cool.
03-12-2012 1:37 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Deus Ex Machina:
Huh. I've actually heard of Tears for Fears before, namely their cover of "Sweet Dreams Are Made Out of This".

...Though I still swear the way they swing it has it as THESE, not this.

So which band did X mistake Tears for Fears for?

Marilyn Manson
Geri Halliwell
Tori Amos
One time on the Simpsons

I think he heard the actual version and somehow thought Annie Lennox was Curt Smith

03-12-2012 2:57 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Glory:
One time on the Simpsons

Barbershop is in danger of growing stale, I'm taking it to strange new places

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » The music you listen to is stupid.