What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » HTML Entities now allowed.» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page HTML Entities now allowed.
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-19-2012 8:48 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What it says on the tin.

You can now write posts in HTML entities, and the board will have them display properly.

This allows stuff like non-breaking spaces to not break the board in half.

And before you ask, no, you can't write HTML this way.

<b>See?</b>
06-19-2012 8:49 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Are you sure?         Are you sure sure?

Sometimes I think your boyfriend is apparently the kobayashi maru, there's no way to win.

06-19-2012 9:13 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Very quickly knocked out an exploit involving control characters.
06-20-2012 5:50 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

As an addition to this, I just optimized the act of posting slightly, and made it so you cannot submit a post that is just blank spaces.

...Though now that I did the work and think about it I'm not sure why I am bothering with that last bit...

Ah well. It did lead me to solving a ridiculous calendar bug I had no idea existed until today.
06-20-2012 9:20 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What was the bug?

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-20-2012 11:54 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Could submit a calendar entry with a totally blank subject or message.
06-20-2012 3:02 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Metal Church - Hero's Soul

06-20-2012 3:35 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

How bold of you.

06-20-2012 4:03 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

+'d

Metal Church - Hero's Soul

06-22-2012 3:30 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Chunky:
+'d

06-22-2012 5:04 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hah, well spotted.

I can actually make the board not let you do that either if I wanted, funny enough.
06-22-2012 7:42 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well yeah but theres always gotta be a loophole or else...I don't know, kills the fun?

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

06-23-2012 2:09 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Exactly. I just didn't want people using ASCII control codes, it's bad mojo.
06-23-2012 2:55 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

ASCII art however, apparently still okay

Quote by Alizarin:

06-23-2012 6:56 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yes, pretty much.
06-23-2012 8:23 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This is where I'd post some but I have none and wasn't planning to find an example

Quote by Alizarin:

06-24-2012 5:28 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Need to use pre on ASCII art, by the way.
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » HTML Entities now allowed.