What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » URLs now return page titles» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page URLs now return page titles
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-23-2012 11:16 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Right, finally perfected this.

When using a non-Dottle URL, the board will automatically retrieve the title and put it in for you.

It won't work on some pages (since I only retrieve a tiny fraction of the file, like 2.5 KB for obvious speed reasons), and it may take awhile to process if the site in question is slow as molasses. If you get a white screen, then it failed to do everything in time. Luckily, it can't overload the server, so it should be safe to post many links. You can open another tab and browse the board while you wait for it to process.

If you see a page that does not retrieve the title, tell me, because it means how much file I retrieve needs adjustment.
05-11-2012 1:35 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Note to self: Using dirty hack to make this work properly. Remove dirty hack if PHP stops being stupid sometime and starts with UTF-8.
05-12-2012 9:23 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay, I tried to optimize this using cURL. Hopefully it is almost foolproof now.
05-12-2012 9:31 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Challenge accepted.

05-12-2012 9:36 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh lord.

Uh, a quick fix for Youtube video redirects.
05-12-2012 10:16 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...I did it again didn't I?

05-12-2012 10:29 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Actually, it made me figure out how to make this function really fast and efficient.
12-17-2012 5:41 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Fixed a bug nobody noticed wherein the board would futilely attempt to find the title of stuff that doesn't have one.

Like giant zip files that take forever to actually search.
12-17-2012 5:06 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Guo Huai:
...I did it again didn't I?

Stop ripping me off, thats my gimmick dammit.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

12-20-2012 8:49 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Pat is so blonde.
12-20-2012 9:34 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Teehee~

02-13-2014 9:25 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Thanks to Freeze's use of minus.com, I was forced to optimize this function. It now works better.
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » URLs now return page titles