What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Stupid People's Thoughts on Pink Floyd» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Stupid People's Thoughts on Pink Floyd
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-08-2008 6:27 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dark Side Of The Moon

these reviews are pretty funny Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

06-08-2008 6:30 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"It is a huge joke that this awful album has been giving a 5 star rating as it should have been giving no more than 1 star. I have always felt that Pink Floyd were a very over rated band who were no comparison to Green Day,Metallica who were all much better. Only Wish You Were Here was worth a listen, otherwise they were the lousiest and worst band of all time. Stay away from this if you like good music. Get any Dire Straits CD containing Money For Nothing or Heavy Fuel insted.

-WILL THE WHIRLIGIG DUDE "

"I really detest Pink Floyd. This is one of the lousiest albums ever made in the history of rock music. I never liked Pink Floyd and I almost fell asleep one day when I heard this, this is just noise! Anyone who likes them needs to see a doctor. This is just boring sleep music. Even Neil Young's Greatest Hits has much better music than this. This has two of the lousiest songs ever like Us And Them and Time. Don't make the mistake of buying this boring album, get any of these albums insted.

METALLICA
Ride The Lightning
Load
Black Album
Master Of Puppets
...And Justice For All

MARK KNOPFLER SOLO STUFF
The Ragpicker's Dream
Sailing To Philadelphia

FOREIGNER
Foreigner 4

GREEN DAY
American Idiot
Warning

REM
Best Of R.E.M

TOM PETTY
The Last DJ

Forget dirty bands like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin who suck and are meant for people with a poor taste. Metallica and Green Day are meant for people with good taste."

Laughing My Ass Off

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-08-2008 6:40 PMOptimus Cack is offline Send an Email to Optimus Cack Homepage of Optimus Cack Search for Posts by Optimus Cack Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I lol'd hard.

06-08-2008 6:44 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
GONG!

Chuck Barris? Is that you?

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-08-2008 8:04 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

..holy christ

Green Day? Not only that, but some of their worst albums ever? And a Best Of album..? What the hell, I guess this is the state of society

Patient: (bathroom door blew open while I was making a poopy earlier)

06-08-2008 8:25 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Old Metallica is good. I could never get behind St. Anger.

But seriousky, Green Day? Comon.
06-08-2008 8:50 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Load and Justice kind of suck, but the rest listed were good

Tom Petty is alright, but Foreigner? Ahahahahha Foreigner over Pink Floyd..

06-08-2008 9:38 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've not heard much of Pink Floyd. Sadly.

What one was it..Load or Reload that had Fuel? I think I liked that one better.
06-08-2008 9:54 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Dark Side of the Moon is fantastic.

06-09-2008 12:30 AMOptimus Cack is offline Send an Email to Optimus Cack Homepage of Optimus Cack Search for Posts by Optimus Cack Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bi Money:

Tom Petty is alright, but Foreigner? Ahahahahha Foreigner over Pink Floyd..

You're as cold as ice.

06-09-2008 11:01 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I know nothing about legitimate forms of music whatsoever, but even I recognize that insinuating Green Day is better than Pink Floyd is ludicrous.
06-09-2008 11:32 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

pink floyd can be pretty slow, i can understand if they just don't appeal tio someone because of that but alot of the claims, like the ones I quoted are just hilariously stupid.

liking pink floyd and led zeppelin means you have bad taste but green day, fucking green day is a sign of good taste? Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-09-2008 2:17 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I went through a bunch of pages, I'm not versed in the comments section of amazon (it's the comment section on a website, yeah).

I'm not sure half of these are serious, it seems like the same person on at least three of them just trying to sound progressively more incensed.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-15-2014 2:03 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
There are only two Pink Floyd Albums worth owning: Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Atom Heart Mother. The rest are all fluffy pretentious crap, and this is the worst one. The only thing this album is good for is getting into pants of chicks. Unfortunately, I have to be drunk to listen to it. I hope they payed Mel Collins well to play sax on Great Gig in the Sky, because he is the only talented musician on the album. Roger Waters is a self indulgent freak as usual, and David Gilmore uses his best pedophile voice on Time and Money. The other two members of the band are benign and useless and probably closet alcoholics.

Quote:
I thought Pink Floyd was supposed to be a great group. This album was on sale, so I bought my first album from them expecting something good. What I got was far from it. If I had been intoxicated or high on some form of drugs then I might have thought this was ok. Sadly I was extremely sober when I listened to this bunch of noise, and felt sore about wasting $3. Avoid. Can I have my money back Amazon?!

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Stupid People's Thoughts on Pink Floyd