What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » the 80s topic» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page the 80s topic
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-11-2014 2:08 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) Lyrics
Van Halen - 1984 - I'll Wait
Judas Priest- Turbo Lover
Joan Jett - I Hate Myself For Loving You [ Original HQ ] (dat beat is very glam)

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

11-12-2014 3:21 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Eye of the tiger -Lyrics-
Queen - Another One Bites the Dust (Official Video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzcCVGiP-OE
Billy Idol - White Wedding Lyrics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyzrbV0ORrM
Peter Gabriel - Big Time (dat bass)

this is a good topic

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-13-2014 10:09 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

From one of my favorite liches

When Doves Cry
Purple Rain
Raspberry Beret
Kiss
She's Always in my Hair
Let's Go Crazy
Little Red Corvette

Aliz: yeah we were told that this keiko business would all work out but then the economy crashed and we're left with these useless asians.

11-15-2014 3:00 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i didn't think prince's music would be available on youtube because, well, he's nuts Laughing Out Loud

i just got tears for fears songs from the big chair. damn they were a cool 80s band/duo

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-16-2014 7:15 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Tears For Fears - "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" - ORIGINAL VIDEO

Games Without Frontiers - Peter Gabriel

(They played "games without frontiers" in one of the last episodes of season 1 of "the americans" and it was sort of the most perfect song for a show about 1980s espionage)

The Killing Moon by Echo & The Bunnymen

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

11-17-2014 3:58 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Aerosmith - Dude (Looks Like A Lady)
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-26-2014 5:06 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Ghost of Christmas Past:
Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Hell yes. This is one of those songs where you kind of instinctively want to start waving a lighter around.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

11-26-2014 6:43 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Duran Duran - Planet Earth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxX1KiodjJY
Duran Duran - Rio

Kinda amazed Nec didn't mention this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldyx3KHOFXw

Also my BRO David Bowie, do I really need to--oh alright sure I will list some

Under the moonlight, this serious moonlight
"I've loved all I've needed to love, sordid details following."
They do it over there, but we don't do it here
An ageless heart, that can never mend
Turn the holy pictures so they face the wall
I could take you to heaven, I could spin you to hell. But I'll take you to New York, it's the place that I know well
She's hangin' on his arms, like a cheap suit
(this one is Glass Spider skipped to the singing)
Now tomorrow's back claiming redemption is on your heels, and a toothless past is asking you how it feels
When I needed soul revival, I called your name

oh my god I'm kind of sick of finding youtube vids lmao

Aliz: yeah we were told that this keiko business would all work out but then the economy crashed and we're left with these useless asians.

11-27-2014 5:45 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

....Oh I was gonna link one of those bowie songs but then I realized you did ("cat people") Laughing Out Loud

(There's this awesome part in the movie "inglorious basterds" where that plays as a resistance woman prepares to get vengeance on nazis. It's pretty baller.)

Quote by Alizarin:

11-29-2014 4:51 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

cars is from 1979 - alot of songs i wanted to include were from 1979 Laughing Out Loud

thoguh yeah cars definitely has a more 80s kind of sound, influential on the synthpop of the 80s

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-29-2014 12:36 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

1979 and sounds like an 80s tune is close enough for me

12-05-2014 2:40 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
Billy Idol - Eyes Without a Face
Duran Duran - Girls on Film

12-05-2014 2:52 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Modern English - I Melt With You
Depeche Mode - World in my Eyes

(you do know that I would put every single 80s DM song in here right)

12-05-2014 4:32 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I fucking love this song

but also think I should post it in the embarrassing topic

REO Speedwagon - Keep on Lovin' You

05-25-2015 6:50 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Corey Hart - Sunglasses at Night

I don't have this on my sansa because I always sing to it and don't want to embarrass myself in public

Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » the 80s topic