What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » How much money have you spent on MMOs?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: How much?
ZELLLLLOOOOO dollars 2 50.00%
Less than 50 dollars 2 50.00%
Over a hundred 0 0.00%
Over ONE THOUUUSAAAANNNDD 0 0.00%
Way too much. I don't wanna talk about it 0 0.00%
Total:4 Votes100%

Go to the bottom of this page How much money have you spent on MMOs?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
10-31-2015 11:59 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I see X playing them and it just came to me, on average how much do people spend on these things?

I'm talking about extra stuff like clothing, new weapons, and shit that are pay-items in the game, not subscriptions.

Aliz: its ok. dustin has guns. we can make this right

11-01-2015 9:48 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think I earned some freemium currency before by doing something in a game, but spent no cash on it.

11-01-2015 11:16 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

All I've ever bought in tsw were the new content expansions...I think maybe one bit of clothing but that was with leftover points

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

11-01-2015 12:51 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've only bought in-game currency, and that was for Diablo 3 when the real money auction house was still up and going.

I normally have a pretty strict "I bought it already, I'm not paying to play it more" policy, which means I don't do IAPs OR subscription fees.

D3 was the only time I broke that rule, and only because I was playing with friends that had more time to play than I did, and those purchases helped me stay on their level. And since the prices were set by players, rather than arbitrarily by the company, I was able to have my money go quite a long way. I believe I spent $20 total over the year or so the RMAH was even

That's it, though. Spent $20 extra bucks on one game's extras.

I think I've managed to get a lot of DLC though, because I buy most games so far after launch that I get the DLC bundled with my purchase. I've never paid extra for them, though.

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Edger: 11-01-2015 12:51 PM.

11-01-2015 1:02 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i don't play MMOs so $0. closest i've come was playing PSO with you guys those few times

but i have bought dlc for games. i think i have all the dlc for arkham asylum and city. not sure how much i spent but it's not something i make a regular habit of, only if i really like a game (and it has batman in it)

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

11-01-2015 1:11 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I know DDO had a similar thing of buy the expansions (it seemed worse with that) but I only ever played that with aliz and a couple of other dottlers and forgot about it.

PSO I remember got into some "pay to win" thing and x was sick of it so we all stopped.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » How much money have you spent on MMOs?