What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Say what?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Say what?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
10-22-2011 5:15 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I can't remember if we had a topic like this already. Whatever. List actual lyrics, then list what you thought the singer was saying.

Black Crowes - Hard To Handle

Actual lyrics:

Boys and things that come by the dozen
That ain't nothin' but drugstore lovin'
Hey little thing let me light your candle
'Cause mama I'm sure hard to handle, now
Gets around
Hard
Hard to handle now
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

What I heard:

Who's the little things that junk on the double?
That ain't nothin' but touchstone trouble
Hey there little thing lemme rides the camel
`Cause the mama I'm sure aw the henna now
Gets around
Aw
Aw the henna now
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah
10-22-2011 6:04 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

cocks I was just thinking of this

Def Leppard - Love Bites

It's actually:

Love bites, love bleeds
It's bringin' me to my knees
Love lives, love dies
It's no surprise
Love begs, love pleads
It's what I need

But I heard:

The birds, the bees
It's bringin' me to my knees
The bees, have died
It's no surprise
The birds, the bees
It's what I need

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

10-22-2011 6:47 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

cocks, those poor bees.
10-22-2011 6:58 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

....wait a minute, the song you mentioned

I thought it was

Boys and things are dime by the dozen
That aint nothin but just your lovin'
Pretty little thing lemme light your candle
Cause a mama I'm sure hard to handle now
Guess around

Also earlier in the song he goes "Got some good ol lovin and I've got some more in store" I thought was "I got some rolling stone" Laughing Out Loud

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

10-22-2011 7:48 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

God damn, that guy was impossible to understand.
03-23-2012 1:57 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Garbage's "Push It" is pretty infamous for this too.

Push it
Make the penis grow harder

is what I hear, but its really

Push it, make the beats go harder

03-23-2012 2:32 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There was a whole waynes world sketch about this.

Theres also probably a whole website or book about misheard lyrics.

I once said I always had misheard the song "in the ghetto" as "in the gutter" and was called an idiot and told this makes no sense (which is bullshit because if you think about it either one conveys crushing despair and poverty, that was kinda a jackass thing to say when I admitted I was wrong.)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

03-23-2012 2:57 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I love mondegreens.

03-23-2012 3:02 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Fuck, I thought there was a name for this but couldn't recall.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-01-2012 2:58 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bad Moon Rising by CCR, pretty inafmous for misheard lyrics I think.

Don't go out tonight
Cause it's bound to take your life
Hey there's a bathroom, on the right

05-10-2012 8:02 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wind of Change by Scorpions

Following most Juan
Down to Donkey Kong
Listening to the wind of change
Bugger summer night
Soldiers passing by
Listening to the wind of change

06-02-2012 3:46 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Metallica - Ride the Lightning

Wait for the sign
To hit the switch of death
It's the beginning of the end

Swipe jelly rolls
As I have been so bold
Consciousness my only friend

My niggas grip with fear
What am I doing here?

I kinda don't want to look up the actual lyrics because I love hearing it as "swipe jelly rolls"

12-02-2016 3:36 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Megadeth's Symphony of Destruction

Actin' like a robot
It's metal brain corrodes
You try to take its balls
Before the head explodes

(it's pulse, not balls...lmao)

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Say what?