What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Is Castlevania music the best game music ever?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Is Castlevania music the best game music ever?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-03-2016 12:34 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Roll up in the club and be all "DJ. DROP A BEAT" and then this starts pumping.

(Then security gets involved and now you're being sued for smashing a cristal bottle over that one bouncer's head)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-03-2016 1:05 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Funny enough I was wondering if I should put that in this topic but I don't think a lot of people "get" that song

We live in an age full of morons, as you well know. "It's just sounds!"

Aliz: its ok. dustin has guns. we can make this right

06-03-2016 1:10 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So here, this is also really good too, in place of Betrayal.

06-03-2016 1:22 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Moose:
Anyone who says the best game soundtrack isn't Plok is delusional. YOU HAVE NO MUSICAL TASTE, YOU HEATHENS.

Boss

Venge Thicket

Has anyone ever gotten through Plok without cheating/savestates though, I don't think it's possible

The music guy for Plok also did NES Pictionary. And Equinox.

06-03-2016 2:41 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Kandi Kayne:
Funny enough I was wondering if I should put that in this topic but I don't think a lot of people "get" that song

We live in an age full of morons, as you well know. "It's just sounds!"

Meh, fuck the morons for not "getting" stuff. Reality is not a safey space.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

06-07-2016 8:32 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Kandi Kayne:
Oh jesus I am an idiot.

This is pretty much the best vidya music ever

I counter with this, which is running on inferior sound hardware, but is a more complete version of the same track. I have a hard time choosing which is better.
06-10-2016 9:52 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This thread got real awesome

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

07-28-2016 7:57 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sonic Mania OST - Studiopolis Zone 1 (Extended)

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

12-19-2016 4:20 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yakuza 6 Demo Battle Theme - OST RIP

Final Fantasy XV OST - Hellfire (Ifrit Boss Battle Theme)

Final Fantasy XV OST - RAVUS AETERNA

Assassination Of Bodhisattva Part 2 Extended (Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin)

Dark Alliance - Emperor: Battle for Dune [music]

Tribute to Evil - Emperor: Battle for Dune [music]

Some more cool stuff I've found since making this thread

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

12-19-2016 4:33 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Gudetama:
Quote by Edger:
If it's not Legend of Zelda or Mario I probably won't even notice it while playing. My tastes are simple, and awareness minimal.

Also this. It takes a lot for me to pay attention to a game OST.

This is kinda weird. Not bad, but weird, but I suppose because I base games entirely around their soundtracks

Would not give a fuck about CCross without its music

Silent Hill wouldn't be how it is without its music

I notice lack of music also, or repetition of music, in games. Secret World annoys me so bad with this sometimes I have to play other music over it

12-19-2016 5:40 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Silent Hill wouldn't be how it is without its music

Yeah once Yamaoka left I sort of saw it as "uh-oh...."

Quote:
I notice lack of music also, or repetition of music, in games. Secret World annoys me so bad with this sometimes I have to play other music over it

Some of me wonders if that's a budget thing, or if that's just the nature of the beast with mmorpgs.

Because aside from "Sleepless Lullaby" (and I'm not sure if that was written specifically for tsw or what) I can't...think of anything really.

Not counting the "siren song" because that's pretty much just eerie wailing like a mythological siren luring people in and not actually like, a song.

As to playing other music over it, I vaguely recall some mention of an in-game thing to do that being kicked around as a notion but I'm not clear if it ever went past the hypothetical stage.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-14-2017 1:02 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I used to think Flame Mammoth's theme was dumb, but it's grown to be one of my favorite mengaman musics over the years.

Megaman X - Flame Mammoth (Remix)

Megaman X - Flame Mammoth on guitar

This guy does good remixes. I wish youtubers would either show their face or not show themselves at all though. This looks like a video of Cousin It playing the guitar.

Mega Man X - Flame Mammoth (remix)

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Freeze: 01-14-2017 1:10 AM.

01-22-2017 11:29 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Breath of Fire 4 - Men of War (Fou Lu's battle theme) Extended

Breath of Fire III country living extended

Breath of Fire III - Fight! [Remastered]

Can we just use this as a "What game music are you currently listening to" thread?

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

02-08-2017 1:06 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Tribes 2: Ice Theme

Tribes 2: Desert Theme

Quake 2- Sonic Mayhem - Quad Machine

Ryu ga Gotoku: Zero - Pledge of Demon ~怨魔の契り~

All of this is really good workout music

I never played Tribes but now I really want to

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

03-29-2017 9:32 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Chrono Trigger OST is still amazing, that is all

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

04-27-2017 8:24 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Music | Krzysztof Słowikowski

Guitar covers of ENTIRE Mega Man OSTs, I love it

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Is Castlevania music the best game music ever?