What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Your Employer» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Your Employer
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
03-02-2011 2:32 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Say you had a job. It is generally well paying, we're not talking McDonalds here.

A customer/client walks in. This customer is of a different race than you and your employer. Your higher-up says "Don't see many of them around here." after the client leaves.

Would you consider the employer racist, or prejudiced? Would you stop working for the employer?

Scenario #2

Your ethnic background is not specific. As in, no one knows your grandma is from Nigeria or if your grandfather is Iranian, you didn't take on their traits. Your employer of aforementioned job mocks your ethnic background without knowing.

Would you continue to work there?

(I see things that happen on a day to day basis and like to bring them to Tdot discussion, what can I say)

David Lee Roth: Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm continually astonished by the choices other people make.

03-02-2011 2:54 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bloodsucking Bizarre Cool Angsty Artist:
Say you had a job. It is generally well paying, we're not talking McDonalds here.

A customer/client walks in. This customer is of a different race than you and your employer. Your higher-up says "Don't see many of them around here." after the client leaves.

Would you consider the employer racist, or prejudiced? Would you stop working for the employer?

Scenario #2

Your ethnic background is not specific. As in, no one knows your grandma is from Nigeria or if your grandfather is Iranian, you didn't take on their traits. Your employer of aforementioned job mocks your ethnic background without knowing.

Would you continue to work there?

(I see things that happen on a day to day basis and like to bring them to Tdot discussion, what can I say)

For number 1 tone is important, sometimes an observation is just an observation. I was genuinely surprised that we had Muslim girls wearing headscarves at my high school, I don't feel that makes me particularly racist.

I've had a number of people check if I was middle eastern so I've never really had the ethnic problem. The closest thing I've had was this bitch started blabbing her fat HPV ridden mouth about how wrong the Catholic Church was and I was like "bitch please, you know more about taking cock than you do theology" but she's a generally loathsome person.

03-02-2011 3:48 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
I was genuinely surprised that we had Muslim girls wearing headscarves at my high school, I don't feel that makes me particularly racist.

Probably because it's not?

Quote:
The closest thing I've had was this bitch started blabbing her fat HPV ridden mouth about how wrong the Catholic Church was and I was like "bitch please, you know more about taking cock than you do theology" but she's a generally loathsome person.

Well duh you're in league with the secret lizardman vatican squadron that did 9/11 because bildebergs shadow people area 51 gold standard grassy knoll morgellons disorder radios in dental fillings

(Did I miss one? Oh, oh, the freemasons.)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

03-02-2011 4:00 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Don't forget the Crusades!

David Lee Roth: Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm continually astonished by the choices other people make.

03-02-2011 4:02 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I can never keep track of what the schizophrenics are mouthing off about now, they probably tied that in there somewhere.

Richard the Lionheart using contrails or whatever

In answer to your first question. How well paying, whats the job security like, do I already dislike the guy, and is there a way of going to HR where it can't come back to bite you.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

03-04-2011 7:14 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yes, these questions are important. HR departments are terror-inducing.
03-04-2011 12:32 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Unlike what dilbert leads you to believe apparently they are not routinely led by little red cats. Because that would be adorable and ballin.

Quote by Alizarin:

03-05-2011 8:32 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They're led by something more akin to harpies.
03-05-2011 1:59 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

TRUST FALL

WHOOPS YOU'VE BEEN SUSPENDED WITHOUT PAY BECAUSE A DUDE IN THE MAIL ROOM MISHEARD A REMARK YOU MADE

Quote by Alizarin:

03-04-2017 6:44 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by D:
For number 1 tone is important, sometimes an observation is just an observation. I was genuinely surprised that we had Muslim girls wearing headscarves at my high school, I don't feel that makes me particularly racist.

Oh but now it would!!

03-04-2017 7:11 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The answer is who fucking cares if your employer is a bigot (scarves) or racist ("don't serve that one")

If your told not to serve people, then you actually do it and will have something to hold over your superior. Cause if your boss is telling you "Don't deal with THIS KIND". How's that gonna look.

Then you ask for a raise or whatever you may want, and if they don't then maybe you blather and it goes viral and your boss gets got.

Quote:
I don't feel that makes me particularly racist.

Lol who would submit themselves that way. I mean if you wanna do it..well that seems crazy, submitting to being a broodmare. But to each their own.

Headscarf people are just into male dominance and subservience because a fake-ass prophet. If you don't kill anybody, and your man doesn't start buying a bunch of components and reading certain websites or getting burner calls. Fine, be considered subhuman. Whatever gets you off as long as nobody dies.

Just don't kill or hurt anybody over your retrograde and odd concepts.

You will be looked at oddly though. Always gonna be looked at like that because of the lady married to the boston terrorist. Never gonna trust you fully.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-24-2017 10:46 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Good lord the meaning of this thread changed in five years. The SJW gestapo is out in full force these days.

Edit: I don't mean that people should be allowed to be racists, as alt right reddit scum who think this way are so fond of the "SJW" phrase - I'd like to not be associated with them at all. I just think it's ridiculous how willing people are to point fingers and ruin lives over things that were relatively harmless, especially when the "racism" is either A) misinterpreted in the first place or B) done in ignorance.

Like, the examples in this thread aren't going to ruin anybody's life. Oh no, I'm Cuban and my employer called people spics. I'm a bit offended but I'm not gonna try to get the guy fired over it. That would follow him forever now.

People are so willing to put labels on people over the slightest offenses, even if they're one-sided perceptions on the "victim's" side. It reminds me of a witch hunt.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Freeze: 05-24-2017 10:51 AM.

05-24-2017 12:00 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I dunno, people are no longer human.

As in, if I heard my boss say "fuck white people" I would actually talk to him about it like a human being? Go on about how I don't think that's appropriate etc etc. Now if he was all "I can say whatever I want I'm da boss blah blah" then sure I'd get super pissed and take it further. But if we have an actual discussion about it and are amicable at the end of it, who cares?

It's like the recent firing of Bob Beckel at Fox News. He supposedly had to leave the room because the IT guy was black. Fox, still reeling from all the OTHER drama, just fired him with no questions asked. That was bullshit. Anyone can make anything up nowadays to get people fired.

I dunno, I would have at least reviewed security cameras before I fired the guy. If he comes storming out of his office after the IT guy comes in, then yeah, fire him.

05-24-2017 3:34 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
It reminds me of a witch hunt.

It pretty much is with the gestapo crew, 90% of the time it's the psychology of an angry mob.

Notice how when there's no enemy they turn the pitchforks on each other for not going far enough, or invent a neologism, or some new enemy out of thin air.

"Microaggression" et al = The later stages where you need to start scraping the barrel for perceived opponents within your own ranks.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-24-2017 5:17 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I guarantee the mindset of these people is the perfect fit for the nazi party. Put them in 1950's Germany and they'd be right at home with hunting down "the bad ones" because it's "the right thing to do." It gets a pass now because it claims to be for a valiant cause, which is ironic.

I mean sure it's way better to target racists than Jews or whatever, but by going after the present day bad guys they have ironically showed striking similarities in how radical they are

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Freeze: 05-24-2017 5:18 PM.

10-23-2017 2:46 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by D:
For number 1 tone is important.

Using the phrase "Tone is important" should have been a red flag. A lot of problems would have been avoided if he'd just gotten banned then and there.

The important thing is I've learned a valuable lesson. Whenever somebody does the "tone" or "words matter" virtue signal bullshit dog whistle, or whatever you wanna call that pablum, it should set off a bunch of alarm bells and raise it to defcon 1.

I now immediately suspect them of being a massive fucking hypocrite. Because they invariably are.

Quote by Alizarin:

10-23-2017 2:56 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Flame Champion:
I guarantee the mindset of these people is the perfect fit for the nazi party. Put them in 1950's Germany and they'd be right at home with hunting down "the bad ones" because it's "the right thing to do." It gets a pass now because it claims to be for a valiant cause, which is ironic.

You're a couple of decades off.

You're totally right, but just for future reference you should probably say 1910s or 1920s or 1930s or 1940s at the latest.

I'm only saying this because if you make that perfect analogy, and you are completely right, and say the 1950s somebody will call you out on it. If enlightened people are gonna come at these brownshirts, we need to come correct.

Quote by Alizarin:

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Your Employer