What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » How Green Was Your Favorite Movie» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How Green Was Your Favorite Movie
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
10-08-2017 6:51 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So they were rerunning all of the star wars movies this past week. And because I hate myself or something I watched attack of the clones and revenge of the sith.

Ian McDiarmid and Ewan McGregor were at least trying. And of course Christopher Lee is always cool. But I sorta wish the movies had just been Palpatine and Obi Wan.

They somehow made Samuel L Jackson with a lightsaber boring. I'm not even sure how you do that but they found a way.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

10-28-2017 12:26 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

A movie I really like that is overlooked or just not talked about much:

Event Horizon

Lots of people mention the "where we're going we don't need eyes to see" meme. Good part of the movie sure. But my favorite is the scene where Alan Grant/Sam Neill sees his wife. I just love how he's so happy to see her that he doesn't seem to react much to the fact she's obviously god damned dead. And the scene where Cowboy Curtis/Fishburne is crawling through the vents is scary as hell.

The sets were amazing, the idea of a portal to hell being opened in space wasn't an original idea but it was the only media that made it work. Yes, I'm saying Doom's narrative sucks and I'm glad I can say that now.

Necro: sex is an intoxicant for the mediocre

10-28-2017 3:21 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

How Paul W.S. Anderson went from that to...every single other movie before and afterwords is a mystery to me.

I mean, this guys career somehow went from a movie where a critical plot point is translating latin to 'borderline experimental' slow mo cgi dogs. It's all over the damn map.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

11-08-2017 8:31 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
I love the movie. It represents a more accurate tale of Dracula. It's beautiful really.

I really don't remember the novel, I think I read it once as a kid. But it might be, yes, more accurate in one sense. I feel like Coppola was going more for (and I think he's even admitted this) the idea of Dracula as sort of a creature preying or utilizing or embodying the concept of desire and the id. And there have been several interpretations of that novel predicated on that. There's also a little more of a gothic romance element to the gothic horror in it.

And I don't...really know if that had quite been seized on before that adaptation? I mean, it's been adapted so many times. But that's what I remember as the prominent take focusing on that aspect. The hammer films didn't really focus on it, nosferatu was more like the mythological concept of a vampire being a risen ghoul type thing, and it was like unauthorized so it was 'count orlok', the Lugosi one didn't reeeeally touch on that.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » How Green Was Your Favorite Movie