What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » The Crochet Thread» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Crochet Thread
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-26-2017 3:22 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

WHERE WE'RE FROM, THE BIRDS SING A PRETTY SONG...AND THERE'S ALWAYS MUSIC IN THE AIR

(BEST FUCKIN SCARF)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

02-16-2017 1:55 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Gudetama:
A friend's birthday is next month. Beginning work on a little orca whale for her gift.

Whoops finally actually started on this now that her Bday is a week over. To make me feel extra bad she even bought me a present while she was on her birthday vacation.

02-17-2017 11:37 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This mess will eventually be a shawl.

Joan Rivers: Life goes by fast. Enjoy it. Calm down. It's all funny. Next. Everyone gets so upset about the wrong things.

03-17-2017 10:29 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Crocheting is on hold for a long time. I tossed out around 14 skeins cause of the bugs. I had thankfully kept some sealed in a spacebag since I came home from MD though, so I at least have some left. I also kept the shawl I was working on cause fuck throwing out all that work

Joan Rivers: Life goes by fast. Enjoy it. Calm down. It's all funny. Next. Everyone gets so upset about the wrong things.

03-18-2017 9:50 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I had to toss like a whole trash bag of yarn (which our weird neighbors proceeded to raid which was gross but whatever I guess?) back when we lived in the house with the mice problem, so I know this feel.

03-19-2017 12:50 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Let's hold each other and console over lost yarn

03-19-2017 11:14 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I was even ambitious enough to have bought some fancy ass shit that wasn't like super saver generic yarn.

03-19-2017 4:58 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I did too recently but thankfully most of it was in the bag from MD so I kept it. Problem is the generic yarn was supposed to be used as trim and shit...lmao

Ah well I'll get some more sometime.

04-28-2017 9:33 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Super Saver Ombré | Red Heart

I really like these colors but I've never used a color changing yarn and been happy with how it looked in an actual project. Someday I should figure out color pooling and shit.

May also work better for not amigurumi stuff too though I guess.

It sounds like a lot of planning and shit but it looks so niiiiiiiice.

How to do Color Pooling in Crochet

04-28-2017 5:17 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That looks insanely hard

06-10-2017 8:45 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Patient:

Have you ever worked with chunky yarn? If so, was it annoying?

Do you use bamboo or metal hooks? Or plastic?

06-12-2017 9:08 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I have a ball of chunky yarn I bought just to try out but never decided on what to try with it yet so I'm no help there sadly. Trying to do something with a super fuzzy yarn once was rough so now nonstandard stuff scares me.

I use metal hooks, when I first started I taught myself with one of those beginner kit things and it had like 6 hooks of various sizes and I never upgraded from them because I'm cheap and they work fine.

06-12-2017 9:22 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Rough how? Hard to keep track of the stitch count?

I use metal hooks too. I use one of my grandmas and its almost exactly the same as the new ones lol

06-12-2017 9:30 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The fuzz made it hard to see what I as doing at times yeah, but it was also near the start of me doing crochet and I was probably not ready to go fancy yet as well.

01-07-2018 2:58 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Gypsy Vest Accessory Book III by Jack Frost (the yarn people), Volume 77, 1970

SIZE: Small, Medium and Large

GAUGE: 3 sts = 1 inch

(no measurement sizes given)

MATERIALS: "K" crochet hook
For small & medium--(2) 4oz pull skeins Jack Frost Wintuk worsted type yarn
For large--(3) 4oz pull skeins Jack Frost Wintuk worsted type yarn

CHAIN: 112 (small) 124 (medium) 136 (large)
Row 1: 1 dc I n 7th ch, * ch 2, skip 2 chs, 1 dc in the next ch, repeat from * to end (36, 40 or 44 squares)

Row 2: Ch 3, turn, 2 dc in ch 2 space, * ch 1, 2 dc in ch 2 space, repeat from * to end, ch 1, 2 dc in last square, ch 1, 1 dc in the end ch.

Row 3: Ch 5, turn, skip 2 dc, 1 dc in the ch 1 space, * ch 2, skip 2 dc, 1 dc in ch 1 space. Repeat from * to end, ch 2, 1 dc in the end chain.

REPEAT ROWS 2 & 3 FOR PATTERN.
Work even in pattern for 40 inches, or desired length to underarm, ending with Row 2.

ARMHOLE: Row 1: Ch 3, turn (one decrease), skip 2 dc, 1 dc in ch 1 sp, working in pattern row 3, work across 6, 7, 8 more spaces.
Row 2: Ch 3, turn, 2 dc in ch 2 space, * ch 1, 2 dc in ch 2 space, repeat from * 4, 5, 6 more times, ending in ch 1, 1 dc in the last dc (decrease completed).

REPEAT ROWS 1 & 2, working decreases, 3 more times. (3, 4, 5 spaces left). Work even until piece measures 8 inches. ATTACH YARN ON OTHER SIDE and work the other front the same.

BACK: Skip 4 spaces for underarm, and work even in pattern on center 14, 16, 18 spaces for 8 inches. Join shoulders -- work 1 row of shell stitch around the entire garment and armholes.

Make a chain of desired length for draw string.

Adjust length to fit.

Block with a damp cloth.

NOTE: To make a shell stitch: 5 dc in space, sc in the next space, repeat.

01-07-2018 2:58 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I found that on way back machine and posted it here to save it

01-29-2018 8:18 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Finished my cowl and headband set

Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » The Crochet Thread