What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Game News Thread» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (190): « first ... « previous 188 189 [190] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Game News Thread
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-06-2018 2:23 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

nah for whatever reason they're upscaling a ds game to 3ds

also the direct got delayed due to earthquakes in hokkaido
09-11-2018 12:00 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Yakuza team is making a detective game. Looks pretty familiar but interesting

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

09-13-2018 12:10 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Take peoples outfits? The exact user interface from splinter cell for picking locks? Yakuza hitman cell gear 7809: Heat moves of the patriots?

Also this seems so self-aware, with the last bit about like side-mission looking stuff.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

10-18-2018 11:29 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Who likes retcons!

Fallout 76 Brotherhood of Steel retcon explained by Bethesda • Eurogamer.net

Quote:
According to the post, the soldiers who would form the Brotherhood of Steel did indeed reach their Californian Lost Hills bunker in November 2077 - a month after the Great War's end. Once the organisation was formed by Captain Roger Maxson, the Brotherhood "used a functioning satellite to extend their reach across America... all the way to Appalachia". From Bethesda's explanation, it seems the Brotherhood of Steel was able to make contact with a surviving military branch in West Virginia, and used the satellite connection to establish a separate chapter in Appalachia. It sounds like a reasonable explanation, as it solves the travel problem and reveals how the Appalachian chapter was able to establish itself so quickly in the region. Fans, on the whole, appear to be happy with the explanation. Although some argue Bethesda should have created an entirely new military organisation to "avoid this whole mess," most have accepted Bethesda's story. And, to be fair - the Brotherhood of Steel's early years are relatively undocumented, so there's plenty of room for experimentation. Just like a Fallout vault, really.

Okay I had a TL;DR thing about how this makes no damn sense in terms of established fallout canon of the Brotherhood of Steel.

But maybe it kinda does. If when Maxson did his secession thing at Mariposa and another unit heard it three days before the great war. Okay maybe they would also go rogue hearing about the terrible fev experiments..but they wouldn't be the brotherhood of steel?

I know bethesda wants to always have them on the east coast. But it should just be some secessionist army unit in power armor that heard Maxsons message, and not the full on brotherhood of steel. That would totally fit, everybody is happy.

edit: And I know the counterarguments. 1) What is wrong with you. 2) They own the rights and the games are fine. 3) Seriousky what is wrong with you, fictional chronology of the brotherhood of steel.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

11-03-2018 7:49 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

New evidence of Red Dead Redemption 2 PC port found in companion app files | GamesRadar+

One can hope, since necro is saying good things

Quote by Alizarin:

11-13-2018 1:56 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I kinda expect it to eventually go on PC, I kinda assume the original never went on pc because it was such an old game. Rockstar released GTA V on Pc so I dunno, I have a better feeling about Red Dead 2

The attention to detail in the game is second to none. I tried to shoot a guy in the head and got him in the neck. I didn’t realize what was going on at first, but he fell on the ground and started to bleed out of his neck, like it was gushing and his arms and legs kicked as he died. It was amazing

I’m not too far into the story, only chapter 3 (supposedly 6 chapters) so I can’t judge that, but to appreciate the game you have to be prepared for the open world. It’s not a fast paced action game that goes mission to mission.

The more I play it the less slow and clunky it feels, IMO it’s more it takes a little while to adjust to the games physics and design. It has a more realistic feel where Arthur slides down steep ground and can’t behave like a superhuman, but once you get used to it it feels pretty natural

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-18-2018 12:25 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sharp you forgot 4)

What the fuck, why would anyone care about Fallout 76

Aliz: its ok. dustin has guns. we can make this right

11-18-2018 12:37 AMAlabastard is online Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's hilariously hackable, apparently.
11-18-2018 12:38 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That makes it bad though

Because it's an MMO. You shouldn't be able to hack an MMO!

11-18-2018 12:45 AMAlabastard is online Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You can literally set yourself to infinite HP, no questions asked.
11-18-2018 1:06 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So that's good then, no one can kill you as you sleep like a normal human being

11-22-2018 8:02 AMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Adding to the fact that sales of Fallout 76 are 82.4% down from Fallout 4 in the UK (early days I know), along with all the glitches and square root of bugger all to do makes this game more of a bad joke than it already if X is right on saying that this game is easy to hack.

Bethesda likes leaving shit to fix to their own fans, don't they?

Oh, and Blizzard is getting a deserved kicking over the announcement of their Diablo mobile spin-off. I mean, who decided that a mobile spin-off is going to be the main centrepiece of your convention where your audience are people who game on their PCs? Muppets.

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

11-25-2018 9:27 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
What the fuck, why would anyone care about Fallout 76

I kinda find it interesting. West Virginia could be an interesting setting (note: I did just watch "the mothman prophecies" when making covfefe this morning), a control vault opening. There's a lot of stuff in west virginia which could fit into fallout, I know they did the greenbrier bunker...and they seem to have looked into a lot of the wacky shit in that state.

This is an actual thing they could use

-Except for you have to get bethesdas version of steam to play it

-And it's a multiplayer fallout

-This is so they can do paid mods

-And I dunno if I could run it

-Why does this have to be multiplayer. Really is this was normal.

-All the things I just said

Quote by Alizarin:

11-25-2018 9:32 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Having said this, I'd still like to just try it out.

Maybe it's cause I've seen west virginia, and post-nuclear sci fi version seems more fun.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-07-2018 12:28 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Dragon Age 4’s teaser picking up after Trespasser has me excited

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

Pages (190): « first ... « previous 188 189 [190] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Game News Thread