What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » The Megaman Thread» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (25): « first ... « previous 23 24 [25] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Megaman Thread
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
12-01-2018 1:02 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

last megaman game i played was the intro to command mission
12-02-2018 10:10 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm glad you stopped there

Brad: No. You don't understand. I've been dead for 35 years. Today is the day I live.

12-02-2018 10:11 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

As in Command Mission is very bad and would have probably given you an existential crisis

Brad: No. You don't understand. I've been dead for 35 years. Today is the day I live.

12-02-2018 10:41 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh, I've finished it before years ago.
12-04-2018 9:40 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I tried to play it three times and always stopped after a few hours. I think the furthest I ever got was right when you get Zero back.

It's got a lot of corridors and bad music. And bad music is a cardinal sin in a Mega Man game. Story seemed ok from what I played

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

12-04-2018 1:32 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don’t think the story was anything to write home about, for either better or worse. Neither standout good or standout bad, though it’s a little out of place in the Megaman X series. It’s orobably have been stronger if it felt more in universe with the series instead of having X, Zero and Axl being the only real similarities with the other games

I would never recommend it, the design is bad in so many ways. Bad presentation (every cutscene is a character statically standing there talking in the foreground pretty much), bad map design. The only thing I really remember liking was the combat

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

12-04-2018 3:19 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Command Mission was just shit, almost as shit as X7. It had a shit plot twist ("What? Our commanding officer was the bad guy? And he was one of our party all this time? And that if you spelt said party member's name backwards, you get the officer's name? How did we not connect the god damn dots? Because nobody would think it was a good idea, that's why you idiot!"), shit dungeon layout, shit music, and it had Axl pretending to be important. Combat was OK for the most part though the other party members might as well have buggered off home before the final stretch once their mini arcs are completed by their respective chapters end.

I know Axl was in X7 and X8 - but he's such a scarfaced little prick whose transforming ability is treated as the newest thing since sliced bread - nevermind that Double had similar abilities - and thus he manages the feat of being overhyped and being complete and utter shit. Command Mission's story also manages the feat of going nowhere (seriousky, what the hell was the point of Epsilion's gang? Outside of getting half the globe high? Dude might as well be a pimp running a reploid sex trafficking operation) and stupid (see plot twist, that and nobody appeared to give a shit that their artificial island had been taken over by a group that makes the Scavengers from IDW's Transformers continuity look like total badasses.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

12-05-2018 6:32 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Axl is absolutely terrible, and it's telling nobody else can do his total copy thing in any other game, because it's shit.

Command Mission is also bad. The combat boiled down to spamming Cinnamon's mass heal as needed.
12-05-2018 9:15 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think the only reason I finished the game was because I had a Gamecube growing up and Gamecube is pretty slim on JRPGs.
12-06-2018 6:25 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Baten Kaitos motherfucker!

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

12-06-2018 6:25 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Note: I never played Baten Kaitos

But I always wanted to.

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

12-08-2018 6:37 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Alabastard:
Axl is absolutely terrible, and it's telling nobody else can do his total copy thing in any other game, because it's shit.

Command Mission is also bad. The combat boiled down to spamming Cinnamon's mass heal as needed.

It just occurred to me that outside of Redips and those faceless tossers from X8, Axl's much hyped ability isn't worth the corner of the post stamp that it was written on. And Lumine's speech about "going Maverick at will" is beyond mind numbingly stupid if one were to remember that Sigma's viral data is part of the soup of the copy/chameleon chips*. Yeah, the dude who turned himself into a virus is part of the goddamned thing that... AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

No, seriousky. Can somebody please explain to me on what level of logic does anything about X8's copy chip nonsense (I simply refuse to call it a plotline because that would require somebody actually put any thought into it) makes what kind of sense? Colonel is a dangerous sabre rattling idiot who managed to get his side more or less wiped out, and got his own sister killed, by one of two dudes but at least I kind of get it - simply because X4's intro showed Sigma trying to put ideas into General's head - and General's a much calmer dude whose silence more or less told baldy locks to do one during said intro. You know Colonel would angrily wank himself into a coma if Sigma did the same thing there.

Man, the three PS2 X series games were either shit or ran on stupidity. Either way, they were all exceptionally hateful games on those grounds. Megaman 11 is an overdue tonic to that shower of shite.

Quote:
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:

12-16-2018 11:06 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think whoever "wrote" for X8 was really reaching by that point and trying to make it more "futuristic" by claiming oh, they can totally tame Sigma virus now and it's no big deal!

12-17-2018 5:19 AMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Not to mention trying to tie the 'taming the Sigma Virus' idea with Axl's stupid gimmick, I still remember throwing my controller after hearing Lumine's 'Going Maverick at will' speech once too many after thinking about it once too often. On top of justifying the Paradise Lost references with Sigma's Burnt Toast fashion statement and Lumine's 'angelic' appearance.

That's how stupid I thought it was back then, and it's still stupid to this day. People must've felt starved for a good Megaman game if they thought X8 was any good (spoiler alert: its not). And I still say X6, with all its faults, easily shits all over the PS2 games by itself.

In fact, X6 has better things to do than taking a shit over the PS2 games. Like praying that Jose Mourinho gets sacked, Grenfell tower burning down or Brexit getting cancelled.

Quote:

Quote:

01-04-2019 6:03 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

01-11-2019 6:13 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Gotta clap for boba fett vile. GOTTA CLAP.

(you should clap for both maybe)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-13-2019 10:46 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Boba Fett is lame he says one line and then falls into the Sarlacc because Luke is better than he is

01-15-2019 9:39 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Boba Fett's entire thing was the armor looked cool and sort of banged up, and all you knew of his characterization was that vader even had to specifically say "No disintegration", and the only time he talked was to mention that Han is useless to him if the carbonite process killed him. Otherwise he just sorta is ominously around until the sarlacc pit.

There was no need to explain any of this further, particularly since he's just one of the bounty hunters they hire in empire. It's called visual storytelling, you could see things and fill in the blanks or infer.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

01-15-2019 10:27 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well yes but he's not as cool as everyone portrays him as

And let's not even get started on Jango and all that insanity

(Jar Jar Binks is a secret Sith Lord)

01-16-2019 10:32 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Jango thing is sort of what I meant by "there was no need to explain this". Because then you end up with...that.

Quote by Struggler:
(Jar Jar Binks is a secret Sith Lord)

He's the key to the galactic empire. If Palpatine can get him working.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (25): « first ... « previous 23 24 [25] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » The Megaman Thread