What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Something You Have Learned Today» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Something You Have Learned Today
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-07-2016 9:20 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

wait what

Karl Pilkington: If you sit in a bath of pineapple chunks, it can kill you. That's well documented.

09-07-2016 9:25 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Exactly what I said.
09-07-2016 9:32 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah he was kind of an odd dude.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

09-07-2016 9:35 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Was...he married?

If not was he bangin his wife and two girlfriends and if so why complain, why not just get more girlfriends

Karl Pilkington: If you sit in a bath of pineapple chunks, it can kill you. That's well documented.

09-07-2016 9:47 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yes. The two women he was sleeping with were apparently Nichelle Nichols (Uhura, who broke it off finding the situation kind of ehh) and Majel Barett (Nurse Chapel, Troi's mom in next gen, the voice of the ship computers). He divorced his first wife for Barett and they stayed together from there on.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

09-07-2016 10:08 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I would also hit Nichols and Barett with the force of an 18 wheeler but really dude, at least divorce first.

09-07-2016 10:54 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It was the '60s and Roddenberry had some fairly..well, different thoughts about social norms (some of which were good, others not as much).

Not defending it, just saying in the context of the era. I agree though, the dude took it a little too far.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-01-2017 10:41 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The tallest columnar monument in the world is in Texas.

05-05-2018 2:34 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by swangaorpqey:
Eagle gives you lombardi trophy having lovers

Xi Jinping's family will be murdered, and then he will be RAEPd violently, by whoever is most uncomfortable culturally, before being executed. China is a scumbag nation producing scumbag robots.

(This thing can't post anymore, right? I banned it?)

Quote by Alizarin:

05-06-2018 9:06 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You can make caramel with honey.

07-20-2018 4:33 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

People hunt mourning doves. WTF

07-21-2018 1:47 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think we need some celebrities to speak out in defense of the doves. Raise awareness.

Quote:
The eastern mourning dove (Z. m. carolinensis) is Wisconsin's official symbol of peace

Well raising awareness is easier than I thought..

Quote by Alizarin:

07-21-2018 1:57 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Windom Earle:
(This thing can't post anymore, right? I banned it?)

God, I took so much joy in banning a bot. It was weird.

...But also not weird. Smashing an AI that was designed to replicate humanity...asserting dominance over technology.

Mmmm. Shooting skynet in the face.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-21-2018 6:39 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I learned that Barbara (my plant) is not a Haworthia as originally thought

She is Aloe aristata

"Lacy Aloe"

She is also a weird freak and is the sole species of her genus

She is not even an Aloe she is more related to Astroloba

Her flowers will be orange. Neat

07-30-2018 11:52 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Orange...mmm I wish I had orange juice
01-16-2019 12:23 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I got spam mail that said "someone wants to bang you"

Yeah tell me something I don't know, fucking email spam

02-05-2019 9:29 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

02-07-2019 5:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well he did keep talking about stars.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Something You Have Learned Today