What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » guys i think that moeblob just kawaii'd at me: the anime/manga thread: the reckoning» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (30): « first ... « previous 28 29 [30] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page guys i think that moeblob just kawaii'd at me: the anime/manga thread: the reckoning
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
05-15-2019 10:59 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by The Greatest of All Time:
halfway through first season of ghost in the shell

Aww yeah boyy. I liked season 1 and 2 of that better than the original movie.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

05-15-2019 11:03 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i really owe stand alone complex a rewatch at some point now that i'm not a stupid teenager recording adult swim

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Bonesy: 05-15-2019 11:03 PM.

05-16-2019 11:30 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I jokingly called it "It's like 24 but as an anime" because both of them were airing at the time, also I was in high school, and both were about counter-terrorist units and jack bauer and major kusanagi are badasses that get shit done.

It's probably "deeper" than 24 was. Or it goes into sci-fi/cyberpunk shit like the nature of consciousness and such.

Haven't watched it again in a long while.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

05-16-2019 11:34 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also because I mentioned Jack Bauer I know somebody will make this reference So I'll do it first.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-16-2019 12:33 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i have a inconsistent relationship with the ghost in the shell movie. i've seen it twice, first time as a teenager and disliked it finding it to be pretentious, then saw it as a university student and really liked it. havent seen it since so not really sure where i stand

stand alone complex is good so far

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

05-16-2019 8:01 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The dub on the movie was bullshit, I rented it once (remember blockbuster). Which is probably some of the reason I liked the show better.

I usually don't give a shit about that type of thing, but whoever was doing the main characters voice sounded like she was on valium or something. Just flat, monotone line delivery. Awful. It's the only time I ever thought "Oh is this why people say subs are better than dubs with animu"

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (30): « first ... « previous 28 29 [30] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » guys i think that moeblob just kawaii'd at me: the anime/manga thread: the reckoning