What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Movie News Thread» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (187): « first ... « previous 185 186 [187] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Movie News Thread
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-18-2018 2:21 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This new superhero movie looks amazing, the effects alone.

(Someone on "good bad or bad bad" joked that all neil breen movies are a shared universe. I want to see that version of infinity war. Just multiple neil breens and magic rocks)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

09-01-2018 6:06 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This does....not look promising. And I can't tell if it's the movie itself or how the trailer seemed to have cut it so that it just crammed in every joke line to make it look like a joss whedon "every line is an over-written quip" deal.

Like, I know shane black kinda does the whole rapier wit thing sometimes. But it just seemed like rapid fire "HAHAHAHA JOKE, RESPONSE JOKE" and then super-predator (not the clinton kind) or whatever.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

09-02-2018 12:19 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Blood
The word fuck more than once
Guns
Big aliens
Bad puns

Looks like a predator movie to me

Hol: It looks like a dreidel.
X: I've never eaten one of those.

09-02-2018 1:41 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah it could be good, or it could be....you know maybe it's just a shit trailer.

I'm leaning towards "it's probably the trailer". Or I'm being optimistic.

Quote by Alizarin:

03-21-2019 4:16 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

'Alien' Celebrating 40th Anniversary With 6 Short Films | Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
20th Century Fox inviting a new generation of filmmakers to play with xenomorphs and other Weyland-Yutani Corporation intellectual property for a series of six online short films

Oooh I know the next spinoff!

Alien vs My Annabelle Creation

(I know, it's not the same)

Quote by Alizarin:

04-25-2019 8:59 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Blue laser beams, the most ambitious crossover blockbuster film. Everybody is hyped and gotta clap for all our favorite characters all together at last saving the world.

(...Oh, we're maybe thinking of different things)

Quote by Alizarin:

04-30-2019 3:00 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Why is Gojira SO FUCKING FAT has he been hanging out at fast food american restaurants wtf

Also they say there's 17 of them excluding? Gojira I guess?

So Mothra, Rodan, Ghido...there's 14 or 13 more?

Obviously Godzuki is showing up

05-03-2019 8:28 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
Why is Gojira SO FUCKING FAT has he been hanging out at fast food american restaurants wtf

After Godzilla defeated those monsters in the last movie he went "Feels like an Arby's night"

I dunno if they'll actually do 17 ("destroy all monsters" was a thing...but..seems extreme..ohhh unless ghidorah awakening is summoning them), I was avoiding news about it till I watch it..my bet is mecha-godzilla is showing up somehow. I'm gonna be really disappointed if its king kong, I know they wanna do that again. So...it probably will be.

Mothra and Rodan and Ghidorah seem to be handled well.

Everybody talks about these nerdy geeky movies. Avengers I'll probably watch illegally or on television..or probably not at all. The star wars one....god after the last one I dunno. BUT FUCKING MOTHRA AND RODAN AND GIDORAH AND GODZILLA?!

Well...now you pique my interest.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-09-2019 5:42 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So basically...they put hereditary and the original wicker man into a blender?

SOLD.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-19-2019 7:33 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bill Cipher cameo

05-22-2019 1:04 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
Bill Cipher cameo

WELL WELL WELL WELLWELLWELL *tongue clicking*

The most ambitious crossover ever.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-28-2019 8:13 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The guy doing this is sorta annoying, but here's another documentary about "Stalker" just cause...Tarkovsky, yo.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-18-2019 5:36 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Here’s Our First Look At Richard Stanley’s COLOR OUT OF SPACE | Birth.Movies.Death.

I'm not super familiar with Richard Stanley (aside from the fact he got booted from that moreau movie they mention, apparently that documentary is wacky as hell but I haven't seen it). Having read color out of space admittedly a while ago, it's a good setup for a kinda slow-burn very atmospheric and/or visually interesting deal.

Then again Lovecraft adaptations to film have a...not great track record. One of the better ones was just sort of an homage (in the mouth of madness) So while this interests me..that one teaser shot looks like it's going where you'd hope...I'm restraining enthusiasm.

edit: I thought Hereditary was going to sort of end up being "the thing on the doorstep" and then it...went somewhere else.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-23-2019 1:05 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

‘11 HERBS AND SPICES 4’: Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss & Lana Wachowski to Return – Variety

I like the first movie as much as when somebody showed it to me, years later I can still watch it if its on tv and its genuinely well done, hate the sequels...mostly the third one, saw the second one in a theater and noped out.

(The ani11 HERBS AND SPICES was better. Yeah..not kidding. The fucking non-theatrical animu had more interesting stuff. Like the way the machines took over. That was some dark sci fi stuff.)

So this is gonna be trash probably. Which sucks because..wait. WAIT. Now if I'm remembering the shitty third movie, both those characters fucking died at the end as a sacrifice to break the cycle. Involving really hammering unsubtle christ imagery.

So what the hell would this be? I'm down with reuniting carrie anne moss and keanu and having it be like that baller lobby shoot-em-up scene. I just don't get how the hell you tie it into the 11 HERBS AND SPICES

And will they get Lawrence Fishburne involved? If you're gonna do "REMEMBER 11 HERBS AND SPICES?" you better get the actors and actresses people liked, at least. Just have that courtesy.

(Also, mentioning lawrence fishburne is making me angry that the show "hannibal" got cancelled)

edit: I forgot how we filtered the word. Yeah the colonel sanders guy in the second movie was...yeah. I still kinda like the first one, didn't need sequels

Quote by Alizarin:

08-23-2019 1:28 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That last post is the most I've thought about the fucking 11 HERBS AND SPICES in a while. I do genuinely like the first one, I think it's a solid and good action/sci fi movie.

Also with the term "redpill" being an internet thing, there's probably gonna be some stupid joke about that.....unless it looks amazing I'm not buying a ticket.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-23-2019 3:34 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I get to see the downton abbey movie before some do, last couple of seats.

Nya nya? Nobody watched downton abbey and it was a tv show but the movies in a theater. Whatever.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-29-2019 1:49 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They really doubled down on the Scorsese influence, that curtain backdrop that shows up when deniro's character is in front of an audience even looks like a direct recreation of a set from king of comedy, or to my recollection from only seeing that one maybe once or twice.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-07-2019 10:51 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Nicolas Cage on Acting, Philosophy and Searching for the Holy Grail - The New York Times

Memes aside I like nic cage's performances (depending on the movie, sometimes he's really good and sometimes its just whaaat, I think it depends on the director or script agreeing with him being weird. So of course he was in a david lynch movie)...it's probably good to be crazy in a fun way. There should be more of that in hollywood instead of pedophiles or sjws.

I'd like to see that adaptation of "color out of space" he's apparently in, which is the first movie released by the guy who quit directing after "island of dr moreau"* but I don't know if that's gonna get released anywhere.

(*There's a documentary about that I really wanna see. The production of that marlon brando version was batshit crazy behind the scenes)

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (187): « first ... « previous 185 186 [187] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Movie News Thread