What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » What movie(s) did you recently watch?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (329): « first ... « previous 327 328 [329] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What movie(s) did you recently watch?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-07-2020 3:12 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Cabin In The Woods.

Despite my known I fucking detest it aversion to Joss Whedon's approach of writing characters with constant "everything is a quip or reference cause I'm clever", I enjoyed it.

Probably because the entire premise more or less relies on referencing tropes, and the characters making the "funny" dialogue kind of...organically would be doing so in that setting (or maybe the two actors mostly doing it just seemed more natural, could also be he didn't direct it or solely write it), so it didn't seem as forced...aside from a couple of moments. He always fucks it up a little.

There's a reason I didn't watch that until it just happened to be on, yeah. But it was actually not bad.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-12-2020 1:51 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

2017 It

How is this supposed to be scary? The clown looks mentally challenged, the cg is goofy... I guess it's for kids.

Sharp: If a man beating a baby seal to death with a club while an interacial orgy occurred behind him tested well with the focus groups they'd use it to sell pledge.

01-14-2020 8:49 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've never read the novel but apparently there's an interesting idea there, where the people just ignore this monster that's been there forever and is feeding on/exacerbating negative stuff and feeding on tragedies. And it manifests as fears.

(The movie left out the weird kid gangbang stuff apparently in the novel, yeah. And the magic cosmic turtle in the overly long novel....which supposedly just goes on and on. This is what cocaine and binge drinking apparently does. You either turn into tony montana or write weird shit...the more you knowww)

The movie specifically, I heard in production they replaced the director..possibly the writer..and just doubled down on SPOOKY CLOWNS SCARE ME

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

01-14-2020 11:21 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

But on the topic of horror movies...

"From Beyond"

Oh stuart gordon, you're kind of my favorite with adapting lovecraft ("Dagon"...the 2001 one Make sure you watch that one if you look it up, apparently there's a bad one..lotta bad attempts at lovecraft).

Re-animator is fun too. Weyoun from deep space 9 being crazy.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-18-2020 10:45 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And hot.

Don't forget hot

Sharp: If a man beating a baby seal to death with a club while an interacial orgy occurred behind him tested well with the focus groups they'd use it to sell pledge.

01-18-2020 11:53 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Guess you want him to enter through your wormhole *slide whistle*

Quote by Alizarin:

01-19-2020 8:27 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

When you've got an arrogant intelligent dude with nerdy glasses I just wanna plow

I dunno why

01-20-2020 9:48 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
When you've got an arrogant intelligent dude with nerdy glasses I just wanna plow

I dunno why

So gouge my eyes.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-21-2020 11:20 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You no longer want to see?

01-23-2020 8:55 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I meant gouge enough to need glasses.

But I've also heard from unnamed sources in the space program that we won't need eyes to see.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-29-2020 2:13 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

bad boys for life

its what you expect

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

02-06-2020 11:12 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Will smith with caked on makeup to try and look 30 years younger?

02-07-2020 12:57 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

well, martin lawrence does make fun of him in the movie for dying his goatee

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

02-07-2020 2:54 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by The Greatest of All Time:
bad boys for life

its what you expect

In a good way or a bad way. Because from what I've heard it doesn't sound bad.

(Hey I liked the first one and...I think I saw the sequel on tv once but honestly don't remember that one.)

Quote by Alizarin:

02-12-2020 5:28 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It’s a good thing if you like the team up of Martin Lawrence and will smith? I haven’t seen the first two in a long time but the third one was fun for what it was, albeit predictable

Also birds of prey

Not going to say it’s great and DC is clearly lacking vision despite wanting to compete with marvel, but I actually didn’t mind this movie. Was expecting crap similar to Suicide squad and there’s shades of it, definitely is guilty of trying too hard to be edgy just for the sake of it. But this movie was mostly tolerable and I especially appreciated how every time Joker was mentioned, they avoided showing him on screen Which pretty much proof warner is distancing themselves from Jared Leto’s interpretation

I’m not a fan of how popular Harley has become though, she might be the most marketable character DC has now. I don’t have a problem with the character but the try hard edginess that is accompanying her is movies like this and her new cartoon. Definitely was surprised by how violent the movie is. I’ve never cringed so hard from scenes of violence in a comic book movie. The baseball ball scene, holy fuck

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

02-12-2020 9:44 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wasn't the Harley character invented for "Batman: The Animated Series" as like a one time sidekick initially and it only caught on because the voice actress was good and people liked the character design, or the concept. And it just snowballed from there and they kept going more and more.

Oh shit. Is Harley Quinn, like, the Boba Fett of Batman?

Quote by Alizarin:

02-13-2020 3:26 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've annoyed some dottlers with this.

But...my final verdict was "This movie is vital and important. Probably not in a good way."

Show this movie to everyone. It's amazing.

Quote by Alizarin:

02-16-2020 12:44 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"The Lighthouse"

Thought it was great. But I wish I'd seen it in the theater rather than through sources and methods.

People talk about the production design on this for a reason so I wonder if it'd be even better if you saw it that way.

If I'm making it sound like the movie is purely just "it looks good". No, the acting is really good and services the story and writing very well...I can see where it might lose people, but.

Anyways..are you fond of me lobster?

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (329): « first ... « previous 327 328 [329] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » What movie(s) did you recently watch?