What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » What movie(s) did you recently watch?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (333): « first ... « previous 331 332 [333] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What movie(s) did you recently watch?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
02-09-2021 9:11 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm watching the old lotr movies again

Gerald Ford: If Lincoln were alive today, he'd be turning over in his grave.

03-15-2021 3:38 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

mulholland drive

also watched both waynes world movies two weeks ago

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

03-18-2021 9:23 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Speaking of someone with the name Wayne (although real name was Marion Morrison)

The Quiet Man

...It was St. Patricks Day, of course they would show that.

Social Credit score: Negative 1997

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-04-2021 12:09 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"Millennium after the Millennium"

More just a retrospective on the show Millennium, but yeah you could tell even though how it wildly vacillated across the three seasons and a little bit of why..everybody is very diplomatic though...but they kinda admit they had no idea where to go with season 3.

"What we left behind" about ds9 was way better cause it was non-traditional with cutting to a hypothetical "how would they do an 8th season, even though we sorta wrapped everything up", which this kinda does but briefly

But it was neat, if only because you don't hear about Millennium that often.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

04-04-2021 7:02 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

still waiting for the right time to watch shin godzilla
04-05-2021 10:43 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Kong vs Godzilla or whatever it's called

It sucked. Every time the girl from the first movie was around, the storyline dragged because it was a needless sidequest and felt so tacked on. Padding. I know people mocked the first movie with Ghidorah for focusing too much on the humans, but I felt it did a much better job - the humans, when doing something in the first movie, actually felt like there was a purpose to it. This one, it's "eh we gotta make the girl do something I guess..." and her father shows up a total of maybe three minutes. The deaf "tribal" girl is I guess a decent nod to the Toho type of weird humans that were connected to the monsters somehow. I just felt it was incredibly tacky. Why'd she need to constantly wear that headdress? We can see that she's deaf and has a connection with the big ape.

Naturally the monster fighting is fun, but there's not enough of it, and I felt the scope of it wasn't as grandiose as the first. Obviously it's because they have to make Godzilla a chump in order to fight Big Monkey, which was incredibly stupid, but Monkey would get vaporized if Zilla blasted him once, so.

Rodan, Mothra, and the Mutos...and of course King Ghidorah, were just so much more entertaining to watch. Fucking Rodan coming out of the volcano and flying over South America was was cooler than watching Big Monkey fight Zilla underwater.

The Rampage scene in Hong Kong was cute. I just didn't get the same awe I got from the first film. I am glad I didn't see this in theaters.

Gerald Ford: If Lincoln were alive today, he'd be turning over in his grave.

04-06-2021 10:18 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I haven't watched it yet, the human characters are always incidental. The original wasn't great itself...I mean the 1960s one...but I was always more a godzilla guy than a kong guy.

Quote:
Fucking Rodan coming out of the volcano and flying over South America

I really think king of the monsters should get some props a little for cramming in a bunch of references without it being too "REMEMBER THIS? DID YOU CLAP?", like the rodan scene is almost a shot-for-shot thing of the original rodan movie.

Like that's how you do it, if you're gonna reference shit make it subtle or organic.

Morhtra is apparently gonna get a movie, this did so well that its a given they'll move forward with future projects. She'll be back to make america great again, trump/mothra 2024 do Mothra stuff.

Quote:
The deaf "tribal" girl is I guess a decent nod to the Toho type of weird humans that were connected to the monsters somehow. I just felt it was incredibly tacky. Why'd she need to constantly wear that headdress? We can see that she's deaf and has a connection with the big ape.

Yeah when I was saying "there were references in king of the monsters", I didn't even realize the asian chicks that sort of appear were supposed to be the "Mothurraaaaa" singing fairy girls from the mothra movies. Maybe they were going for that. Could be a reference.

Anyway I'll probably watch it (I might actually legally be able to log in to hbo max! Or I'll sources and methods) because...godzilla.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (333): « first ... « previous 331 332 [333] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » What movie(s) did you recently watch?