What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » What movie(s) did you recently watch?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (334): « first ... « previous 332 333 [334] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What movie(s) did you recently watch?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-30-2021 3:14 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Which version of Body Snatchers. Just curious, cause much like what I'm about to say there's several.

Also as heretical as this sounds, I maybe liked blade runner 2049 more than blade runner (but maybe I saw the wrong version of blade runner since there's like...what, four edits of it and honestly I can't recall which ones I've seen)

Social Credit score: Negative 1997

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

07-30-2021 4:28 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh and as far as what I watched...and there's stuff I have to source and methods still, but these were on tv

"Hell and High Water", hadn't seen that. Neat kinda...is neo-western-outlaw a genre? I mean it's about guys robbing banks in modern day texas but there's a lot of characterization going on so it's not just a heist thing. I thought it was good, doesn't matter what genre

And then "the lost boys" was on after that, figured why not. Seen that before but that's a pretty neat movie.

(Yes, character based drama about people turning to bank robbery for reasons, and then a sorta comedic vampire movie. This apparently is how I roll.)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

08-07-2021 2:01 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Goodfellas...unfortunately it's the edited/bowlderized version as I mentioned in the discord.

But that's just one of those movies where if it's on, welp, you're gonna watch it for the whatever number time.

...And it was just on the other week, too.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-09-2021 9:43 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Prophecy.

Oh my God. It is so, so good (in a schlock way, it plays out like a comic book kind of)

I really don't want to spoil it for anyone because y'all need to watch it. I will just tell you it stars Christopher Walken as the archangel Gabriel.

He just eats the fucking scenery, not chews. Everything he says and does is just fucking perfect.

And I didn't even mention ol Viggo Mortensen. He's here too also just gnawing on the scenery. They both got into the roles so perfectly.

It was so good.

I'm gonna watch the sequel soon. As soon as I saw Walken was in it too I had to.

X: I can draw a better swastika than that. It's just a bunch of straight lines!

08-10-2021 2:24 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by sharp:

Which version of Body Snatchers. Just curious, cause much like what I'm about to say there's several.

Also as heretical as this sounds, I maybe liked blade runner 2049 more than blade runner (but maybe I saw the wrong version of blade runner since there's like...what, four edits of it and honestly I can't recall which ones I've seen)

1993 body snatchers

the original blade runner is my favorite movie, so yes that is heretical, but 2049 is still pretty good

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

08-12-2021 12:25 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I feel like when this comes up I sound too critical. I have to go rewatch the original blade runner...I dunno which edit, cause between the studio demanding that voiceover harrison ford phoned in (literally) and ridley scott editing stuff into it.

I really like blade runner despite all the weirdness with the production, it's got all the film noir stuff, you know I like that, and it arguably created the visual cyberpunk genre, so it needs credit for that. It's overall just an iconic and good movie, I have total respect for it and I do think its really good.

I just dunno which version to go watch again, but that is not the movies fault, I feel like there's some level I'm not appreciating it on the way that like you and hol do. Like there's some edit where everything falls into place.

2049 was great though. I rolled my eyes when it was announced, but it's almost made me interested in seeing "Dune" since it's the same director. And I never read dune and only know about it from the david lynch adaptation...which apparently even david lynch hates but I've seen like 3 or 4 times.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-14-2021 10:54 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's fine if you dislike it in comparison to 2049.

I mean, you're incredibly wrong like Jay Bauman. But it's fine to be wrong.

X: I can draw a better swastika than that. It's just a bunch of straight lines!

08-16-2021 12:50 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's more I liked 2049...I don't wanna say "more" but it seems like there was less fucking around with it. I don't mean to impugn blade runner.

Quote:
you're incredibly wrong like Jay Bauman
He's sometimes just weird, yeah. "Greasy strangler" seems awful, usually he's okay with lynchian atmospheric shit.

Wrong about blade runner. It's not "boring" and there's a lot to enjoy.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-16-2021 2:31 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

blade runner is a pretty dense movie. i generally wont show it to anyone who hasnt already seen it because i dont expect a lot of people to get it, which is weird because i don't think its especially hard to get

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

08-16-2021 2:53 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"We will pass through the American patrols, past their sonar nets, and lay off their largest city, and listen to their rock and roll... while we conduct missile drills."

(Said it before. I have no idea who came up with casting sean connery, sam neill, and tim curry as the officers of a Soviet submarine...but I'm not complaining)

Quote by Alizarin:

08-16-2021 3:00 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by The Greatest of All Time:
blade runner is a pretty dense movie. i generally wont show it to anyone who hasnt already seen it because i dont expect a lot of people to get it, which is weird because i don't think its especially hard to get

Which version of it, because like I said I know there's...what, four. I've seen it a couple of times and I think I've seen all of them. I just liked 2049 a lot.

I haven't seen the first one in a while.

edit: Yeah I don't...think it's hard to "get". Maybe that's the edits about Deckard being a replicant or not. But the core concepts not really...difficult. I mean it establishes the setting and the kinda moral ambiguity and all pretty clearly. And I know you and hol are huge fans and would argue about the deckard replicant thing, that's valid, that's what I meant when I bring up the edits

But overall the movie kinda explains its themes. And sometimes it's good if something sparks debate or questions, means it was evocative enough to stick with you.

Which blade runner definitely was cause we're still talking about it like 40 years later.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-21-2021 5:43 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Gone girl

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

08-22-2021 12:05 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

the last movie i watched was eva 3.0 + 1.0 a weekend or two ago

it was certainly an evangelion 3.0 + 1.0
Pages (334): « first ... « previous 332 333 [334] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » What movie(s) did you recently watch?