What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Post Your Desktop...» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (46): « first ... « previous 44 45 [46] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Post Your Desktop...
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-22-2015 6:09 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Finally got my desk converted to a standing desk.

The whole set up is DYI.

Bought a plain pine tabletop and extendable legs from IKEA online (was still cheaper with $30 shipping than my alternatives).

Cannibalized the keyboard tray from an old corner desk.

Shelf is made from a pine stair riser stacked on red bricks. (I have a matching walll shelf that's not up yet because I didn't know finally height of monitors until now).

I bought bed risers, but the 5 inches they gave were not enough to get mf keyboard tray comfortably high. So, I bought a couple of 2x6s and had them cut down. Gained an extra 4.5 inches that are nice and stable. (And risers are screwed into the 2x6s).

My drafting table conveniently slides beneath the (now) standing desk.

PC is one I built myself with some of the car accident settlement money. Based around the then-new AMD 8350 8-core. SSD drive for OS and now has 16 GB RAM for virtual machines, compiling, servers, whatever.

Next step is to take it down again to sand and stain all the wood (except the risers), and replace the keyboard tray's particle board with pine.

For furthur DYI-ness, there's the Frank Lloyd Wright Fallingwater LEGO set, and my desktop BG which is my logo (made in Illustrator).

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Edger: 08-22-2015 6:17 PM.

08-23-2015 5:41 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Connie I would hit on you if you swung my way

^ why was this in my post data
08-23-2015 6:02 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Holy shit.

I definitely didn't write that. what the fuck.

Emptiness = loneliness = cleanliness = godliness

08-23-2015 7:24 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Someone did though.

That stuff is local.

...and now that I think about it, not tied to an individual account.
08-23-2015 8:01 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Really...? So someone typed that on my computer, you're saying.

08-23-2015 8:42 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jack Crawford:
Connie I would hit on you if you swung my way

^ why was this in my post data

Why WOULDN'T it be?

08-24-2015 4:54 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Margot:
Really...? So someone typed that on my computer, you're saying.

Exactly!

Maybe you were drunk?
08-24-2015 4:57 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Makes perfect sense.

08-25-2015 9:12 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hmm, hmm. Yes.

No but seriousky i have to fix the forums now THANKS A LOT
06-04-2018 2:57 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I recently finally got a 1080p monitor. Also I got hardcore into Yokai Watch 2 on 3ds a few months ago and haven't gotten around into changing the wallpaper.

I don't know why I have so many private server mmos on my desktop I never play.
11-03-2021 12:46 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wow look at how old these desktop images are

Pages (46): « first ... « previous 44 45 [46] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Post Your Desktop...