What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » What're you Playing?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (974): « first ... « previous 972 973 [974] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What're you Playing?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-21-2022 1:32 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

still playing yakuza, in chapter 11

the management mini game is so poorly explained but a fun, easy timesink that breaks the game once you understand it. definitely worth it to get access to better gear and the bonus character is actually pretty good

so far this is shaping up to by my second least favorite in the series. we'll see how the next few chapters go. only yakuza i enjoyed less was yakuza 3

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

05-08-2022 9:42 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Just finished Yakuza 7

Going to have to let everything sink in before I assess how I really feel about the game. I wasn’t feeling it as much as the rest of the series most of the way through the game but gotta give props where props are deserved: the ending is really, really good. This entry has one of the best villains in the series too

Yakuza 3 is still my least favorite. This one is somewhere in the middle for me

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

05-09-2022 12:06 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

meanwhile i finally finished Persona 5 Royal tonight

idk how i feel about third semester
06-27-2022 1:03 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So I just finished Blasphemous, got both the regular endings. Looking up the criteria to get the third ending let’s me know I need to basically restart to do it, so I’ll put that off for now. There’s a couple dlc additions I could complete but for all intents and purposes I’m done for now

Mostly an excellent game, combat is good and enemies are pretty well designed. Bosses are a mixed bag but not terrible. Last boss was kinda annoying for the wrong reasons, part of the design felt rng in a bad way, but it’s actually really easy if you’re prepared to just kill him with prayers once his health is low

I dont really get the point of limiting you to three relics at a time, they should be permanent upgrades because all it really does is force you to go into the options to change them and waste your time. Also not really a fan of not being able to skip cutscenes and I wish it just fight bosses again without sending you back to the save point, it’s just a small quality of life detail to save time. Metroid dread did that (I think) and it was great

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

07-05-2022 11:44 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Just finished Steel Assault

Game is absolutely gorgeous, great to see these high effort pixel art games out there. It’s very short which isn’t really a bad thing. Only really major complaint is the windows to dodge some boss attacks are stupidly small. It’s one thing to have to figure out how to avoid attacks, it’s another thing to know it’s coming and how to dodge it and still have it be a crapshoot if you succeed

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

07-10-2022 5:19 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Just finished Smelter

This game is a mess. It looks pretty cute and watching gameplay videos it looks like a good mix - platforming and some tower defense/actraiser influence. The graphics are pretty nice, but the execution is really middling. At it’s best it’s still not great, the controls are clunky and the game has weird physics/momentum. At it’s worst it’s infuriating because there are moments that require too much precision given how clunky the controls are. This is the worst aspect of indie games - sometimes they really don’t feel properly play tested at all

Also the “rts” segments are pretty poorly done. There’s literally no strategy involved, they just spawn endless waves of enemies at you overwhelming you and it kinda comes down to luck if you make it out or have to redo it. I generally dislike design that relies on overwhelming you, it’s really lazy and feels very rng whether or not the game presents any windows to avoid attacks

Still, I’d give it a 6/10. It’s not awful, the various forms kinda work like megaman (closest to ZX but there’s no useless forms), the graphics are cute and the story ended up being decent, if a little predictable. The last dungeon/boss was pretty cool

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

07-17-2022 11:26 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Just finished Monster Boy and the Cursed kingdom. Not really super experienced with the wonder boy series which this is a spiritual successor to, closest I played was super adventure island 2. This is a pretty good game -the different forms are all pretty useful (Lion is the best imo) especially late game where you have to continually switch to solve puzzles.

Only real downside is some of the puzzles are really obtuse and took a lot longer than they should have

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

08-14-2022 5:19 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Axiom verge

Wow, the ending left me with an extremely sour note on what was mostly a pretty decent experience. Story seemed a little predictable but was decent up until then. I can see why it’s a popular Metroid clone but imo there isn’t Anything it does better than Metroid. Some of the powers are neat like phasing through walls, but the dash mechanic is really poorly thought out. It working like the screw attack kinda is cool but the input leaves a lot to be desired. I never had an issue with double tapping to dash before but the game requires you too quickly too often near the end of the game and it’s just really awkward. It really should have gotten it’s own button

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

08-30-2022 2:55 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Banjo Kazooie

JESUS CHRIST

I loved this game as a kid because it appealed to me on a level I can’t explain, besides stupidity. I don’t know how the hell 3D gaming ever became a thing though, N64 and ps1 games have aged so badly. I don’t think the core design of the game is terrible, i think it’s not as good as Mario 64 but its not bad, has charm and the levels are well enough

So why does this game suck balls? Jesus fucking Christ the controls and the god damn camera. The fight against Gruntilda was a nightmare not because it required figuring out difficult to read patterns or tight reflexes, but because of how much I had to wrestle with the camera. The Jinjo statue part was the absolute worst. Damn camera kept swooping out of the way and chasing bing the trajectory of my egg shots

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

10-02-2022 2:46 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

finally got a job for the first time since 2020 but i don't get paid until the 9th lol

however i did get paid 60 bucks for house-sitting so I used my stupid gamestop pro membership to get digital Xenoblade Chronicles 3
10-03-2022 1:23 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

oh wow, good to hear you got a job dude

i have xenoblade chronicles 3 but not sure when i will play it, i havent even touched the remaster of 1 or 2 yet and because im ocd i need to do them in order

right now im on the final scenario with the switch live a live. i played this game back on emulation but only finished a few scenarios. this game is so bonkers in the best way possible, hard to believe these stories were done on the SNES back in 1994

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

10-03-2022 12:19 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

yeah live a live is dope as hell

i want to get it but i also want to pick up a cheap copy of Great Ace Attorney
10-11-2022 11:28 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

lol i got live a live instead of great ace attorney
10-12-2022 1:34 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

live a live is so good. the game can't be praised enough

im going to try and play through bayonetta 2 before 3 gets released, ive had it for awhile but barely played it

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

10-17-2022 3:30 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Finished Bayonetta 2

Well that was nuts

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

10-21-2022 2:02 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Devil May Cry 1

I’ve never played this game before and I’m really, really not enjoying it. I rented dmc 3 years ago when it was new and didn’t like it, but besides that the only dmc game I’ve played for reference was dmc 4. It was…. Ok. Nero and Dante were designed with pretty good toolkits, but there’s some issues with it that made me like it a lot less than similar games (ninja gaiden, Bayonetta ect)

Dmc 1 has some of the same issues I had with dmc 4. It feels clunky, having to lock on to enemies in order to dodge just doesn’t feel good to me, especially with how clunky and slow you become when locked on. Some really bad platforming and camera angles. Some of the issues with dmc1 are definitely due to age too - the fixed camera angles are bad and made the spider boss more annoying than it should have been. Really fun to be fighting it and then have the camera switch to behind the spider. Just bad design there.

Not really sure if I should even continue playing this game, I don’t think dmc is for me but this is probably it at it’s most unrefined state. Mechanically speaking, I know everyone hates dmc 2

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

11-10-2022 10:35 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

if you enjoy Taiko no Tatsujin and have a Switch, Taiko Rhythm Festival + the Music Pass is an obscenely good deal.
11-24-2022 4:53 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I probably missed out on that, I’ve been busy with moving the last couple weeks

Also Bayonetta 3

Well, this game is all sorts of wacky. Some of the longtime fans are complaining about it and it’s definitely valid. It’s so different from 1 and 2 and in some ways it’s easily the worst of the three - the new gameplay additions take up a lot of the focus with larger enemies so they dialed down on the combo driven combat which was the appeal of the series. Weapons not being equipped to her hands and feet is a little disappointing too

Once you get use to the mechanics of using the demon slaves it’s pretty fun though, and it’s a dedication to being a spectacle is unrivalled. If in someways it’s easily the worst Bayonetta game, it’s also in other ways perhaps my favorite game in this genre. It’s so nuts, the weapons are so creative and demon masquerade is really cool. This is the most bonkers game I’ve ever played

Story is kinda predictable but also a wild ride, that last boss fight was something else. Ending has some unfortunate implications, but the story in this series is complete nonsense and I could very well see if there’s another entry them outright ignoring its events (which would also be completely in brand with 3’s story too)

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015
Free Johnny Depp
08/14/17

11-24-2022 12:28 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

nah, taiko is 50 dollars and the music pass is like 10 bucks or slightly less for 90 days.
Pages (974): « first ... « previous 972 973 [974] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » What're you Playing?