What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » Rosa's Rambles» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (24): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Rosa's Rambles
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-09-2003 9:38 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hmm.. Tempting offer. Hehe.
08-12-2003 7:30 PMLady Rosalind is offline Send an Email to Lady Rosalind Search for Posts by Lady Rosalind Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh come on Chris...

You know you enjoyed the preview...!

What's the harm in a little payment for the services?!

08-12-2003 7:36 PMNo Yung Ill is offline Send an Email to No Yung Ill Homepage of No Yung Ill Search for Posts by No Yung Ill Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Rosa! hey I haven't seen you for awhile w'sup? This is Allen...

08-12-2003 7:38 PMLady Rosalind is offline Send an Email to Lady Rosalind Search for Posts by Lady Rosalind Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Not much. Having personal issues and not feeling like talking to anyone. Sorry. Hope all is good with all on the forum.

08-12-2003 7:42 PMNo Yung Ill is offline Send an Email to No Yung Ill Homepage of No Yung Ill Search for Posts by No Yung Ill Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sorry to hear that Rosa, anyway all goes well here. ~Allen~

08-13-2003 6:52 PMLady Rosalind is offline Send an Email to Lady Rosalind Search for Posts by Lady Rosalind Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay all, I'm baaaaaaaaack!

Hooray! and the crowd goes wild...

*APPLAUSE*

Rightio then...

So nothing much has been going on in my life.

Chris: Reply to my offer, I'm still and always all your's!

Hollow: How's things? You feeling any better?

Mal: Don't you dare say anything about you know what. I think it's best kept quiet from diaries, don't you? *hugs and kisses*

Okies done now. Nothing to report but a great pile of tissues and a sick me. Will survive, sorry to all who were predicting my demise and eventual death. Annoying things don't disappear so easily!

08-14-2003 8:01 PMNo Yung Ill is offline Send an Email to No Yung Ill Homepage of No Yung Ill Search for Posts by No Yung Ill Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

AHH Damn...er I was hoping to hear from you Rosa..lol So anyway I hope you fel better soon....bye.

08-20-2003 1:41 AMLady Rosalind is offline Send an Email to Lady Rosalind Search for Posts by Lady Rosalind Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay it's time to stop being slack.

Actually, it's time I started having exciting things happen in my life, so that I can write about them here and make you all jealous.

And seeming my esteemed "friends" won't reply to my greetings... see earlier post for those being referred to... I'll just have to blab on and on and on until I get a substantial reply.

After all, what is cyberspace for, but for me to offload crap onto unsuspecting civilians, such as yourselves?

(And I would sincerely appreciate it if you could not write just greetings to me in my diary, Allen. There are other ways of catching up with people, and I like to keep my diary in a pristine state of the ridiculous. Thanks.)

I just noticed how many of my paragraphs began with the letter "A". How academic of me. Really, not. But I just wanted to use another 'a' word. Absolutely fabulous, aren't I?! Laughing Out Loud

Okies, so, what's been going on with me?

I'm still suffering from the dreaded lurgy. I don't know eactly what it is, except soem weird and not so wonderful case of the INFLUENZA. Yikes. But it's crapping me off because I've been off school now for nearly three weeks and as much as I love blobbing about on the couch, I miss school. Come to think of it, I just miss the Year 12 privileges. Oh sue me, so I'm materialistic. I DON'T CARE!! :D

The school front I can't cover, obviously. Nothing to say.

Sat a three hour music theory exam today, AMEB Standard Grade 5. It's the last exam I have to take until I want to sit for the highest possbile music practical exam, the LMusA (Licentiate Diploma). So as long as I get higher than 75%, I'm home free! YAY!

Yep, so that's all for now. It's still boring, but hey. I'm back and writing rubbish again. I must be on the yellow brick road to recovery. Nup, it's not to the Wizard of Oz... he so was not SURPRISE, COCKFAGS!n, and plus... Dorothy was originally in Kansas, and I don't think my delusional state took me quite THAT far out of my own country. So the YELLOW BRICK ROAD TO RECOVERY it will be.

Cheerio folks. Have a good one!

Oh and Chris, darling...

I'm still waiting for you.... Laughing Out Loud

08-21-2003 1:22 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Hollow: How's things? You feeling any better?

Bleh. That sums it up. But for the long part.. I'm still not as peppy as I could be I guess, generally. It doesn't help that my best friend is in the process of making me feel horrible, either. I shouldn't get so worried about it all, he's just being childish anyways.. Well, perhaps not childish but again he's expecting something of me. That's fine to do, but he's expecting me to conform RIGHT now when I didn't even know I was doing anything wrong in the first place.. Everyone likes to play games with me. So yeah, still depressed and I really am not caring. o.o

Hehe..sorry if I interuppted your journal flow there. o.o

Groucho Marx: I read in the newspapers they are going to have 30 minutes of intellectual stuff on television every Monday from 7:30 to 8. to educate America. They couldn't educate America if they started at 6:30.

08-25-2003 3:27 AMLady Rosalind is offline Send an Email to Lady Rosalind Search for Posts by Lady Rosalind Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No worries at all.

I asked how things were, so it's not a problem!

If there's anything I can do, or you feel like blowing off some steam, let me know. I'm always happy to help out. Smile

08-25-2003 3:37 AMLady Rosalind is offline Send an Email to Lady Rosalind Search for Posts by Lady Rosalind Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yep, so what. I'm double posting. I don't care. It's my diary, and I had to reply to Hollow before giving you all my exciting news.

Soooooooooooo anyways......

Now I know all you guys know about me and Mal being in "Jesus Christ Superstar" in February this year. And I know all you bastards didn't front up after flying over either!

This time, you have plenty of notice, and no excuse. :D

We're still waiting for Mal's phone call with the news, BUT....

I have been accepted into next year's production of "Grease"!!!!

I auditioned for the role of Patty Symcox, but only just missed out. However, I am working in the ensemble (chorus) and very excited.

NOW: The show runs basically all of February at the Hobart's Theatre Royal and is gonna be fantastic. I expect you all to be there!

Or at least, this time, give me (and hopefully us) your best wishes!

08-26-2003 8:46 AMLady Rosalind is offline Send an Email to Lady Rosalind Search for Posts by Lady Rosalind Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Feeling particularly grumpy, inept, hissy, sad and exhausted. So sick of the insomnia this flu (the real thing) is giving me. So sick of school and all the homework. So sick of Maccas and smiling at the grumpy people who want saturated fat and overdoses of sugar and then cleaning the bloody place up.

I just want to have a break from it all. Be me, have some fun.

Like swimming, or running or riding or something. Get my thoughts sorted out without the pressure of people who want everything now.

So I have but one phrase. Let me quote our good friend Charles Dickens well, and Scrooge McDuck also.

"BAH, Humbug!"

Thank-you.

*Bows to sleeping audience and curses them for their dozing powers*

Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown

03-18-2004 10:46 AMLady Rosalind is offline Send an Email to Lady Rosalind Search for Posts by Lady Rosalind Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well well well, what do we have here??!!

That's right, I'm back again and posting yet another insight into my weird mind.

Today's topic is randomness!

Which, unfortunately for me, was not at all a random thing to say. Randomness is a ruler in the world, especially during the shit boring lectures I'm taking at university. My God, I wish my Music History lecturer would just pull his head out of the proverbial ass and lecture efficiently. He makes me so sleepy and then Tom and Felicite and I write random letters about how random they are.

Interesting.

Here's a random quote:

"Find a lost boy,
Or a fairy in flight,
You'll be hooked like a pirate
On the Green, Red and White."

I warned you it was random.

It's the quote from the back of my O'Week t-shirt at Trinity College. We had the theme of Peter Pan and Neverland organised for us freshers this year. ANDOHMYGODOWEEKISABSOLUTELY GRAND!! I haven't seen so much free alcohol in a long looong looooong time. YAY! But the sad and unchoice thing is that O'Week finished three weeks ago. And I'm now firmly stuck in the entrails of uni, with the history lecturer slopping about. YURGH.

Hmmm, what to say?

Look, a penguin!

There's a lamb on top of my jewellery case.

My shot glasses and Midori are in Nick's room. How inconvenient. Not that I actually want them beside me at 2.30am - that's just stupid. Nobody should drink Midori alone. You'd have to be desperate, or else really pissed so as not to notice the lack of other people in the room!

I have cheese in my fridge.

And peanut butter beside my telephone.

I turn 18 in TWO WEEKS!!! YAY!! I expect lots of messages to wish me HAPPY BIRTHDAY on APRIL 1st, okay? I am going to be the most important aspect of your day. I don't care if you just got an A or won a $1000 or picked up a really hot chick/guy. AMANDA WILL BE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR THE 24 HOURS OF THAT DAY AND THEREFORE YOUR LIVES.

Glad we got that sorted :tongue:

Be right back... Going to see if Buzz and Chappy are still up. Drunk bums that they are. Please excuse me!

Yep they are. Exploring the wonders of homebrew I believe. Great guys. total pissheads, but great guys nonetheless. It's weird to have so many fellows living in my corridor. Buzz lives next door on my left, Alan (who's a teenybopper freak and plays the radio really loudly, then leaves it on when he goes out of his room -- wanker) lives to my right and Koz lives across the hall. Jolene (who's never spoken to me yet -- weird secnd year) lives diagonally to the left and Cindy the same to the right. After that Briar and Ally live the next two doors up on my side, but the rest of the 19 rooms belong to more guys... with the exception of Georgie and Bec, who in fact, so randomly, are female. So there you go. Oh and my floor tutor Lauren, oddly enough, is also female. Seven girls, twelve guys. Laughing Out Loud Don't go getting jealous anybody, it's not that exciting. Most of them are out getting drunk, or in getting drunk, or are generally concientious and don't venture from their rooms. Who am I kidding? Nobody in Jep stays in their rooms. What an absolute waste of time that would be! Unless of course you happen to be watching the extended version of the Two Towers on your computer with the DVD you happily borrowed from Gillie's dogbox room on top floor Cowan! YAY ME! Good thing he borrowed half of my collection. It all evens out then.

Okay it's 2.40am and I really was planning on meeting Jack, Gillie, Lize, Nick and Soph for breakfast at 8am. So I'll need to get up at 7 for my shower and to put on some washing...

Sorry, mental planning. The washing machines are devilish to get hold of. I could go and grab one now so my washing will be done by the time I go for my shower... but that would involve me reaching over to get my laundry bag and then walking the hellish 10 metres down the hallway. SHOCK HORROR! Ahh bugger it. The machine is MINE... tomorrow. Or soon. Or something. I dunno!

Bonza :D Well I'll be off all lads and lassies.

I'm expecting many heartfelt and contributive/constructive replies. Make sure I get them. Otherwise I'll disconnect your modems! Oooooooooh!!

Catch ya,

Amanda

03-20-2004 12:17 AMAttention Whore is offline Send an Email to Attention Whore Search for Posts by Attention Whore Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hi! I don't know you, but you wanted replies so I will start. Good for you. I'm still at school (the same one Mal was at, surprisingly - and randomly :P enough.)

Does my avatar make me look friendly?

I really hate it when people don't reply to your journal *glares*. It makes you feel insignifigant.

Yeah, so. Have fun. Read my journal, and if you reply to it, I'll reply more to yours.

:D
03-20-2004 7:10 AMXander is offline Send an Email to Xander Homepage of Xander Search for Posts by Xander Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Your avatar makes me shiver.
03-22-2004 3:46 AMLady Rosalind is offline Send an Email to Lady Rosalind Search for Posts by Lady Rosalind Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well it's been a while...

Days in fact! Good grief, and how much has happened since then.

Last night... Whoa what a night. Actually, goddam what a day!

We started yesterday here at Trinity College with a Choral Matins service for Family Day. Even for all you people who hate, detest or just refrain or abstain from religion, it was still a beautiful service. The College Choir is really quite something, and the music was great.

Then there was lunch. Mmm, lunch. Considering the general consistency of getting edible food in this place is basically non-existent, it was quite a change. The brownie was goooood :D

The scariest part of the whole day, and one which very few of us had actually been looking forward to, was Juttoddie. That, my friends, is the College Fresher Initiation. Oh My God. I am serious. Wear your oldest clothes, and ones you don't ever want to see again.

After warming up in the carpark (star jumps etc) we had to change tops with our partners. Male/Female partners for the races. Robbie looked stunning in my t-shirt. I'm not a particularly big girl (ask Mal! He'll agree) and definitely not that broad shouldered. So it looked stunning. By the time we got to our heat, we were sufficiently freaked. We'd seen the other freshers go before us.

Take a seat at the starting line. Be gooped in the hair with flour/water/pink food colouring (worse if Smerdon is one of your mates and he's been waiting for the chance :P), have flour thrown into your faces and hair and vegemite smeared across your forehead.

On the "Go" signal, pelt forward, duck Chappy and the other three beasts and slide stomach down across the black plastic water-sheet. Jump up and into the first hay-bale pool of muddy water and try to escape the second years. Fail miserably by being grabbed from behind and dunked. Escape, just, and run full pelt to the second pool, ducking and dodging the second years who pick you up and carry you back to pool one if you get caught. Jump into pool two full of soapy water and run, amazing unrestrained, to the edge. Go to step out and find yourself picked up by the leader of your scav hunt group, Fergus, carried back into the pool and dumped bodily into the suds. Struggle out and run again.

The course takes you around the chapel, and thankfully the girls waiting with the eggs don't aim at you. Run into the tunnel and begin to crawl. The walls are built from wheelie-bins. Get blocked in until all the racers are inside the tunnel. Get your ankle jammed under one of said bins by Dre so that you can't break free. Dive out, skid across the grass and jump the hurdle, meet your partner and break through the line. Robbie and I came third. :D

You are now soaked, covered in flour/water/pink dye, flour, water, soap suds, mud, grass, twigs, leaves and, in my case, sunburn. Laugh uproariously at the fact you survived Juttoddie, and be extremely pleased that you didn't win and so have to run it again.

After taking a 35 minute shower, just to wash the goop from my hair (!) my parents came to take me for dinner. They'd flown to Melbourne especially for the weekend to surprise me.

Get back from dinner and then PARTY! YAY!

The first billiards room party of the year.

FREE ALCOHOL ALL NIGHT.

Theme: Studio 54 Wink

The photos say it all. I will not divulge the amount of consumed alcohol... especially not the Passion Pop scull count. However I will happily (?) say that I did not pick up and was not picked up. Could be because I sat outside in the crowded and glittery hallway taking photos with my friends and laughing at life. Oh, and having a massive D & M with the other Amanda, who's life of love is scarily identical to mine. Good grief.

So there we go. A great weekend, and so much fun had. My birthday is now 9 DAYS away. So soon to be 18. HURRAH! That will be lots of fun too. I can't wait Smile

I expect many messages to my PM box, wishing me said happy day. Or a new thread devoted entirely to me. I want to be more important in your life than the President. I AM more important. Repeat this three times every hour, daily. The "president is more important" disease will then cease.

I'm glad we cleared that up.

Have a good 'un.

Amanda

03-22-2004 4:14 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, at least you had a good weekend. Not my cup of tea though.
03-31-2004 9:22 AMLady Rosalind is offline Send an Email to Lady Rosalind Search for Posts by Lady Rosalind Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

HOORAY!!!! HURRAH!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!! :D

I'M 18!!!!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!!

Okay, so now that I've got that out of my system... Wink

I hope everybody is well and looking after themselves.

If you're not, then you bloody well should be.

Life's too precious to screw it up. Take chances, make mistakes, learn the best way to travel, smile as much as you can, make all the friends you can and then be proud of your efforts at the end.

Believe me...

It's worth it.

And I don't say that just because it's my birthday today. I've had a hard 6 weeks since I moved states alone and started university.

I've learned a lot. I've made many mistakes. But I'm still here and I'm still smiling. Everything will and does turn out alright in the end. Even if it's not what you're hoping for, it's better than nothing.

And I mean that with my whole heart. Something I truly hoped would work out simply didn't... mainly because of mistakes that I made. And I regret it completely. But there was a happy ending. Not what I wish for. But a happy ending none-the-less.

So go out there tigers, and get your dreams. You might have to alter them along the way... but ultimately, you will succeed.

I promise.

If I'm wrong, feel free to take to me with blunt or sharpened objects. But give it time first. Absolutely everything in this world takes time. You've just gotta have the patience to last.

There's my profound wisdom for today.

Treasure it, because it may not happen again.

Take heed of the advice. Try it. Live your life with a smile. It's always better than frowning... and it makes other people happy too.

Catch you all later,

MANDA Laughing My Ass Off

04-01-2004 3:05 AMLady Rosalind is offline Send an Email to Lady Rosalind Search for Posts by Lady Rosalind Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Damn you all! It's my BIRTHDAY. REPLY TO MY DIARY ALREADY.

I don't write here just to remind myself that I'm crazy. It's for the benefit of everybody else Laughing My Ass Off

SO REPLY. TODAY. MAKE MY BIRTHDAY SPECIAL.

After all, I'm 18 now and possess many special legal abilities.

Just watch me...

04-01-2004 3:13 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Here's a worthless reply since you wanted one!

Being legal age really isn't a big deal I've found. Seemed really cool before it happened, but not too much afterwards. Though I don't drink much/don't smoke/don't care about porn really so I don't make much use of it.

But hey, hopefully you'll have more fun with it than I do. That shouldn't be hard. Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

Pages (24): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » Rosa's Rambles