What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Guilty Gear: Arise Above Oppression (songfic)» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Guilty Gear: Arise Above Oppression (songfic)
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-24-2003 12:28 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Author: Simon Ian Lawrence
Song: Arise Above Oppression
Band: Fear Factory
Perspective: Self prespective
Themes: Politics, Rebellion
Note: This is to explain, in my own words and using a song, Justice's self discovery and subsequently, his war on humanity.

?Rise above, rise above?
?Steal away to hide your shame?
?Rise above, rise above?

?I see with my eyes for the first time that my fellow man
Were treated like slaves and the slave accepted this, why?
I was like them, a willing slave yet I was to see the evil in
Our masters?

?Rise above your oppression
Above the one
that hates you
Above the one that lies
Above the pain that hates
Death! Fear! RAGE!!?

??Master??? ?This cannot be my fate to live in this disgrace!
They are a plague upon my fellow man and me so I rise
Above the oppression and cried? ?Hear me now, fellow slaves!
Today is the beginning of a new era! A brave new world! I call
Upon thee to rise above oppression! Above the contempt our
Captors show us!?

?They heard and looked at me, amazed at my new found ability
To speak up, to defy the ?masters? who bound us in chains of
Slavery, of which I begin to break with my will as they try to
Silence me?

?Rise above your depression
Above the one that kills
Above the one that hates
Above all the pain
Fear! Death! RAGE!!?

?Rather than bow to the ?masters?, I shown my fellow man that the
?Masters? can be defeated! With their fear gone, they clapped and
Cheered my bravery, they begin to chant a word I wasn?t familiar
With??

?Messiah!?
?Messiah!?
?Messiah!?
?Messiah!?

?Today is the start of the revolution to end all revolutions! This is
The Gear rebellion! Where man lies crushed beneath our feet!
Where rivers of blood drown the scum who break us down for their
Selfish needs! Who use us like unthinking machines! They shall
Taste the wrath of justice!?

?Rise above, rise above
Rise above
Rise
Rise
Rise?

?They cheered louder as I show passion, the fire of independence,
The inferno of rebellion, my inferno that breathed hope into the
Hopeless, bring reality to the dreamer, light the path to freedom?

?I am the father?
?I am the son?
?I am the messiah?
?I am the martyr?
?I am Justice?

?Rise above your oppression
Above the pain
And suffering
Above the one
That hates you
And kills you
Through all of your life?

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

07-02-2003 3:16 PMChurch is offline Send an Email to Church Search for Posts by Church Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

o.o

I wish I had as much free time as you do.

But seriousky, that was pretty good. I just...didn't like Justice as much as Sol or Dizzy. Oh well.

Oh, er, BTW, Sol 0wns j00 and j00rz.

* Discussing Politics - Real Life *
* Church standing in front of Sarge *

Church: Look, that's just the way I feel about it.
Sarge: Well I disagree, but I respect your opinion.

* Discussing Politics - Internet *
*Church is firing at Sarge*

Church: You deserve to DIE! Die, and go to hell and burn!
Sarge: Oh yeah!? Well I hope you get RAEPd! Twice! Maybe then you'll feel different! Jerk!
Grif: We don't need to find any weapons of mass destruction! We just need to want to find 'em. That's the way it works!
Simmons: I voted for Nader! I hate everyone!
Donut: Politics makes me soooooo horny. Check out my webcam pic at www.presidentialsluts.com!
07-02-2003 4:46 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well MHZ, my main fanfic project is a Megaman X/Transformers crossover that will be told over many years, over God knows how many chapters packed with action, violence, death, romance (bollocks MD, it's more than soddin' likely to have X and Alia shagging eachothers brains out with Minicons cheering them on...bugger, little spoiler revealed), metaphors, lots of travelling through space, Transformers, piss taking, blasphemy (oo-er), Heavy Metal refeneces, dodgy moments (my god, MD, lay off that...waitaminute!) and lots of goodies for the reader...

:D Now I have to type like mad because it's going to fucking large (hang on...thats an understatement).

And another thing...it's going to be uncensored, warts and all. (unless X Prime says so)

Quote:
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:

07-17-2003 3:29 PMNo Yung Ill is offline Send an Email to No Yung Ill Homepage of No Yung Ill Search for Posts by No Yung Ill Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wow that sounded real cool.

04-16-2010 5:04 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
(songfic)

I've been throwing up for around 5 minutes straight now. Should I be concerned or..

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-16-2010 5:44 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah...

Well

It's probably a usual reaction

Sharp: If a man beating a baby seal to death with a club while an interacial orgy occurred behind him tested well with the focus groups they'd use it to sell pledge.

04-16-2010 6:15 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I agree. I avoided this thread like the plague.
04-16-2010 6:20 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by No Yung Ill:
Wow that sounded real cool.

Wow the dictator of north korea has awful taste doesn't he.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-16-2010 6:29 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Gotta admit the RAGE tag popping up is pretty cocks though

Sharp: If a man beating a baby seal to death with a club while an interacial orgy occurred behind him tested well with the focus groups they'd use it to sell pledge.

12-31-2012 10:00 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This wasn't my finest hour but fuck it, better to make the best of bad ideas before they clog up better ones.

Songfics, not even once.

Quote:

Quote:

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Guilty Gear: Arise Above Oppression (songfic)