What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Politicians and trust» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Do you trust politicians?
No, I don't trust politicians at all 5 62.50%
Yes, I trust polticians 2 25.00%
Yes, but only those I argee with 1 12.50%
Total:8 Votes100%

Go to the bottom of this page Politicians and trust
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-17-2003 7:40 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't know why, but the idea of making this poll just came into my head and I thjought it would make a good topic about politicians and trust.

Myself, I don't trust politicians at all, I think they're just after people's emotions and votes and once they get there, they stop caring about the man in the street whilst creating an illusion of order until something really bad happens (e.g. September 11) and then they start to spin half truths and answering stuff that had nothing to do with a question they're asked. Well, call me cynical, but I'd rather trust myself on the street than any poltician on the TV.

With the current situation we're in, whats "truth"? and whats "lies"? Black and White become Grey, better to read between the lines, get as many sources as possible and make my mind up.

What about you?

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

07-17-2003 8:13 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't trust any politician, at all.

They remind me of warez sites. You just want that serial/crack/illegal program. But they put a million fake links everywhere, just to get your measly vote.

There were some politicians that I liked though. Lincoln, for example..but only because he tried to put an end to that slavery mishmash, and because the Lincoln Memorial was air conditioned on a 110 degree (43 degrees celsius) day. Laughing Out Loud

But others..Nixon and Clinton for example, were just downright..bleh. Nixon was Watergating, and Clinton was more interested in being 'the most popular kid in the US' than being the president. OMG I PLAY TEH SAX AND HAEVE A KEWL ROBOT AS VIEC PREZIDENT VOET 4 ME.

I don't know enough about other countries (I barely know anything about this one) to assess the politician standpoint from them.. o.o

Necro: its hard to belive he doesn't do drugs

07-17-2003 8:19 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I trust no politician entirely, not even Bush. I'm waiting to see if all he says is verified.
07-18-2003 11:54 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's cause we're paranoid, Chris. Wink

07-20-2003 8:22 PMNova is offline Send an Email to Nova Search for Posts by Nova Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Gotta agree with X on this. But, I have to put some faith in politicians, or I'd be second guessing them every damn day. And that's not something I'd like to do. Maybe some liberals would, though. =P Because if you second guess everything a politician does, you become a witch hunter.
07-20-2003 8:25 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My stance: "Trust it until it's proven wrong."
07-21-2003 2:33 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Then you trust me. *steals all his cheese* o.o

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I don't trust anyone..so there'd be no reason to go out of my way and trust politicians. Hell, all that political arguing I did made me not give a fuck about politicians..I'm on a 'don't know, don't care' basis now. Laughing Out Loud

07-21-2003 5:33 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, unluckily for you i only had white American cheese. Yellow is better.
12-27-2007 5:18 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Aahhahaha, trusting politicians...

Also... mmm, Holly gave me wonderful, wonderful cheeeese~
12-27-2007 5:19 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lol, "not even Bush"

12-27-2007 5:22 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

God I sucked back then, eh?
12-27-2007 5:23 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Incredibly.

12-27-2007 6:00 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I suck in different ways now! *Flicks tongue*
12-27-2007 6:35 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Kawaii

12-28-2007 2:11 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You love it~
12-28-2007 4:27 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I voted for all three options since the poll was set up wrong and let me do that.
12-28-2007 4:29 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He picked multiple choices, yes indeed.
06-29-2011 10:24 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Can you not view results prior to voting in a poll

Cause I was curious to see who would be susceptible to a sales pitch for magic beans

Quote:
if you second guess everything a politician does, you become a witch hunter.

This isn't how a witch hunt works

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-30-2011 12:20 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You can press Results.

EDIT: Oh, a glitch! Fixed.
06-30-2011 7:25 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I thought I'd mentioned it before but I guess not

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Politicians and trust