What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Musical rant» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Musical rant
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-22-2003 1:47 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I was wondering what was the fuss over St. Anger by Metallica with half the reviews I read (mainly Metal-Archives.com) hated this, saying that Metallica should die and half the other reviews loved it, citing it as the return of Metallica as we know them.

I downloaded the single of the same name...and what the hell was this crap was my first thought, did Lar$ replaced his drums with fucking dustbins/trash cans or something? They sound fucking terrible (and hilairious for some reason)! and what was with the rapping bit "It's bustin' out, it's bustin' out" Christ on a fucking bicycle! Eminem should've shot you for that autrocity and Linkin Park should've sued you as well. The lyrics were ridiculious ("I am so in anger with you" and "I hang myself" what. the. hell?)

James Hetfeid managed to sound even WORSE than Britney Spears on motherfucking steriods and X after having his balls smashed in by Berkana's magic wand in one! God almighty, I Disappear sounded way better than this pile of decomposing horse feces. (don't deny it, you know it's true and I'm bloody sure Load and ReLoad sound a million times better as well). At least the drums souind like drums and NOT DEMENTED DUSTBINS THAT ECHO WHEN YOU HIT THEM DAMNIT!

DAMNIT! Whose bright idea was to have the song repeating itself three times for SEVEN AND A HALF MINUTES!? bin Laden? This is a WMD on a fucking disc! Metallica should be arrested for making this crappy CD as it falls into the same gatergory with Celine Dion and Westlife: WEAPONS OF FUCKING MASS (AUDIO) DESTURCTION! Give me Ride the Lightning or Master Of Puppets instead or even Regin In Blood by Slayer (hang on, I own Regin In Blood).

Manchester Devil's rating: 0% (Fucking shameful! Comeback, my Manchester United supporting arse!)

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

07-25-2003 5:56 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I fully, undoubtedly agree.

I listened to the St. Anger song..and went along with it..gotta give a little slack to the old men. But with Hetfield 'attempting' to scream "Set it free" that..just really hit the death chord right there.

Metallica is essientially trying to be like the pop rock groups; Linkin Park especially. But Linkin Park is somewhat GOOD at that style of music, unlike these old geezers. Laughing Out Loud

And I BET that Lars would say "Oh, Cliff always wanted the band to head in this direction." Stop giving that bullshit excuse, Ulrich. You can't read DEAD PEOPLES MINDS. And I heard him on that MTV Tallica special, saying that Newsted wanted the band to head in this direction. Right..Jason was the only one that cared about the fans, he wouldn't want the band to sell out to teenyboppers... He left for an unknown reason, but I think he was just pissed at how they were approaching everything nowadays, from Napster to their new record..

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

07-25-2003 12:02 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If I wanted to listen to Rap-Rock (pretty redunant if you ask me) then I would listen to Linkin Park...not some demented Gorilla banging his dustbin with a cricket stump over very low one chord guitar work by a limbless hooker. (AKA St. Anger)

I find this spoof of the St. Anger and it sounds 1,000,000 times better than the real thing.

I heartilly recommend people to buy Reign In Blood by Slayer.

Quote:
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:

09-03-2003 8:06 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Metallica - St. Anger - Reviews - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Feel the love (and agony) of these reviews. :D

Quote:

Quote:

09-03-2003 8:33 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

and that Durrrr... homosexual tic-tac-toc

Invisible Kid takes me back to the good old Load times... oh wait! Those were not good times at all!!!

It there was a modern-day witchhunt, I would find the members of Metallica and execute them for releasing such horrible music.

and quit trying to sing, James. Forget Bob Rock during the poduction of the black album telling you to develop your singing abilities.

Hetfield's vocals make me want to fucking puke, especially when he starts going "MY LIFESTYLE . . . DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE MY LIFESTYLE . . . DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"

^ It's like me if I actually wasted my time listening to that new album! Laughing Out Loud Last time I wasted money on Metallica was for Reload, and hell if I'll do it again. >.<

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

09-03-2003 9:10 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...and they say Metallica are back to their roots...! If we're talking about the first four Metallica albums, then the answer is...OH HELL NO! St. Anger would be complete and utter bollocks on a CD...no, this is Iraq's WMD on a bloody CD, that explains why nobody can find them! :D

If you're asking for a CD that takes you to a bands roots without the hype, then Concrete by Fear Factory is the way to go! A young band at the time still discovering their sound back in 1991, Fear Factory recorded this album and it was supposed to be their debut album through Roadrunner Records, but it was put off indefinetity until the band split up last year.

Quote:

Quote:

10-05-2003 7:28 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm sure you all heard it all before but do you ever get fed up of those who whine about "how crappy the music of today and I can't any good stuff that I like" on internet forums?

Guess what buddy? Uncle Simon isn't going to give you a blowjob, just to please your elite taste in music! Uncle Simon would tell you to go fuck yourself so get away from the section of the music department with Britney and her ike and go somewhere else in the store! Or better still, leave the shop and listen to your CD collection that you like instead of bellyaching.

Those who expand their CD collections without a mummer of annoyance of crap have to mail order CDs from band websites or even have to hide cash in letters from post office thieves (and it may to be in another currency) to 'underground' record labels.

Just because you cannot find stuff by yourself doesn't mean you have to cry to Uncle Simon or Uncle Pete or even Auntie Geri to take your hand to your new purchase.

God! Use your fucking head and ears! Use a source and find what interest you.

Heres some handy sites for you people:

Home - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives (for your choice in Metal)
IndustrialnatioN Magazine (likewise for Industrial)

Quote:

Quote:

10-14-2003 5:12 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Deranged
I fully, undoubtedly agree.

I listened to the St. Anger song..and went along with it..gotta give a little slack to the old men. But with Hetfield 'attempting' to scream "Set it free" that..just really hit the death chord right there.

Metallica is essientially trying to be like the pop rock groups; Linkin Park especially. But Linkin Park is somewhat GOOD at that style of music, unlike these old geezers. Laughing Out Loud

And I BET that Lars would say "Oh, Cliff always wanted the band to head in this direction." Stop giving that bullshit excuse, Ulrich. You can't read DEAD PEOPLES MINDS. And I heard him on that MTV Tallica special, saying that Newsted wanted the band to head in this direction. Right..Jason was the only one that cared about the fans, he wouldn't want the band to sell out to teenyboppers... He left for an unknown reason, but I think he was just pissed at how they were approaching everything nowadays, from Napster to their new record..

Jason joined a canadian band named Voivod under the name "Jasonic".

Quote:

Quote:

08-31-2008 11:34 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by SUICIDE:

hollows shameful past

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

08-31-2008 11:38 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The only thing of Linkin Park's I like is their hookup with Jay-Z as they remixed their songs together.

But then again, they're with Jay-Z. No way they can fuck that up, so yeah. Probably doesn't count and all.
Peace.

08-31-2008 11:44 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

linkin park are just whiny fuckers

so maybe they'd be good at remixing music, trent reznor is whiny too

but he's a good musician, even though the scope of his work is limited

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-01-2008 7:49 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What, I was saying Linkin Park is better suited for whiny teenybop than Metallica is, which is true

"Pop rock" now is whiny emo rock, just turn on the radio

MY LIFESTYLE DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE

LOLOLOLOLOL

09-01-2008 10:53 AMSZO is offline Send an Email to SZO Homepage of SZO Search for Posts by SZO Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

lolfrantic
09-01-2008 11:09 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I was vaguely amused when I read a post by Reznor bitching at record companies and encouraging people to download his own album for nothing.

It was such an obvious attempt to cater to the rebellious crowd it wasn't funny.
09-01-2008 11:18 AMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That song he made for Johnny Cash was pretty fucking awesome though.
09-01-2008 8:03 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

he didn't make it for johnny cash, hurt is the last track on 1994's the downward spiral

johnny cash merely covered it

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-01-2008 8:13 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

why does x keep talking about shit he doesn't really know

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-01-2008 8:15 PMOptimus Cack is offline Send an Email to Optimus Cack Homepage of Optimus Cack Search for Posts by Optimus Cack Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jimmy Page:
why does x keep talking about shit he doesn't really know

...because he's X...?

09-01-2008 8:16 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...Because I actually read the post in question?
09-01-2008 8:26 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by X-sah:
I was vaguely amused when I read a post by Reznor bitching at record companies and encouraging people to download his own album for nothing.

It was such an obvious attempt to cater to the rebellious crowd it wasn't funny.

No see, this, you have no idea why Reznor actually did it

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Musical rant