What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Musical rant» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Musical rant
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-01-2008 8:31 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It looks that way, but eh.
09-01-2008 8:34 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by SUICIDE:
Quote by X-sah:
I was vaguely amused when I read a post by Reznor bitching at record companies and encouraging people to download his own album for nothing.

It was such an obvious attempt to cater to the rebellious crowd it wasn't funny.

No see, this, you have no idea why Reznor actually did it

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

09-01-2008 8:35 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay then, why did it do it if it's not the obvious reason?
09-01-2008 8:48 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

interscope pissed him off so he split with them, then released the slip free as a fuck you to them

plus its not even just that, its that reznor realizes the industry is changing and put the album for free on his website so that it would be like radiohead's in rainbows a year ago

the album is also available in stores now too so anyone who wants to support it without being a "rebel" can, or for those who actually still care about physical copies in todays market

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-01-2008 9:13 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, and like George Michael, he released one of his albums for free but left a charity donation link on the download site incase anyone felt guilty and wanted to pay or something

Dali: There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.

09-01-2008 9:47 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jimmy Page:
interscope pissed him off so he split with them

aka he's been pretty much RAEPd by every record company he's ever been with, and the instant he could get out of his record contract he did (similar to Radiohead in this way though I don't think they've had quite the history of trouble Reznor has; it's telling that both of them got out of their contracts with remix albums).

But yeah, it's also because of the changing market. Albums as a means of making profit is pretty much dead, Reznor has been pretty open with his view that albums are now primarily a way to get people to buy tickets to live shows, which is how musicians make a living. Radiohead after they put out In Rainbows backpedaled a bit, "it was only a marketing ploy, etc.", but Reznor is pretty hardcore into the release-new-shit-frequently-for-low-cost-so-people-buy-tickets model.

If Reznor made any profit off of The Slip (or Ghosts) it's because if I remember correctly he recorded it all himself over the course of like two weeks in his own studio in his house (I think it went from un-mastered recordings with no album artwork and the like to finished files being put up for download over the course of a weekend or something, it's pretty crazy).

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

12-09-2011 4:02 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Eminem should've shot you for that autrocity and Linkin Park should've sued you as well.

What if it was like..eminem and linkin park all shoot each other, and nobody lives. Like the end of reservoir dogs but steve buscemi's character doesn't survive (its hard to tell but yeah he does and I think tarantino confirms it in the commentary..or maybe it was an interview, I havent heard the commentary since high school)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

12-11-2011 4:49 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Manchester Devil:
Give me Ride the Lightning or Master Of Puppets instead or even Regin In Blood by Slayer (hang on, I own Regin In Blood).

reign in blood > ride the lightning

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

12-11-2011 8:41 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I thought reign in blood was a song, its an album?

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

12-11-2011 8:51 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

reign in blood is an album

raining blood is the song

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

12-11-2011 9:07 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ah, my bad.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-21-2012 1:45 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I love listening to st anger songs cause they make me laugh :3

Dali: There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.

Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Musical rant