What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » RP areas in sync» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page RP areas in sync
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-21-2003 5:25 PMTyru is offline Search for Posts by Tyru Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

OK if there ever was a time I was going to say the rp areas were in sync, now would be it. thats right ladies gentlemen and children of all ages the rp areas are now officially in sync. Ths basically means if your character does somthing at say..... TDotOL then he basically did the same thing at DS. If your character gains a power at RF, then he has that power at DS. See how fucking easy it is, like eating pie.

I hope that all three forums can share the exact same rule thread and I also hope that all three forums can have the same sort of "Explanations of Powers" thread. Of course that will be done over time.
08-21-2003 6:49 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

>_< I still think this is a waste... What's the point of having 3 damned separate boards for the exact same RP? It's a waste, for crying out loud, and frankly, I think it's kind of stupid...

You know? If I want normal, general RPing according to all the old timelines, then I'll go here. If I want something like Crystal, I'll go there.

Splitting the same RP apart just makes for less traffic to each board. People will all go to different ones, yadda yadda. Unless people post all their quests at all 3 forums, it gets to be a real pain in the ass. And even if they do, checking replies gets to be a real bitch. And then when you do multi-person quests with someone else, you usually don't post it at more than one board. That makes it so people who don't visit one of the boards miss out on something sometime or another...

It just seems very illogical to me.

08-21-2003 7:28 PMTyru is offline Search for Posts by Tyru Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Thank you Mr.Spok.

But this is for the benifit of those who are on all three boards and want character development to mean more. Also those who are only one board have a higher potential of people to rp with.
08-21-2003 7:46 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

WHAT? o.o? I so don't understand what the heck you just said. I think I got some of it though...

It doesn't matter how many board you can use your character on IF THEY'RE ALL THE SAME!!!!!!! THERE'S NO POINT! You write your stories and develop your character, it doesn't mean any more by posting your character and using him/her at THE SAME THING! If you want it to mean more, you go to a different RP and make it work, I recommend Chatropolis or something...

It just makes things more confusing, can't you see that? What's the point of being in sync when they AREN'T. Are you telling me that you're going to make sure everyone posts all quests at every board and manage them so everyone can see them and be aware no matter which board they visit? No? Well, then it won't be in sync. It'll be a bunch of people posting at one or two spots, probably not all three. Then people miss out on important details and events and the development of other people's characters. But mainly, it wouldn't be "in sync."

Personally I think this is all some cockameemy plan so some people can "control" the RP places as best they can, because if they're the admin or run the show of the "in sync" board of theirs, controlling what they want.

That just brings up another topic. If they're in sync, then each person who runs the board of theirs is going to have to check the other two just to make sure everything is all continuous and legal on all three boards.

It's a waste of fucking time, and space, and enegry. Plain and simple.

Edit: Oh, I made this sticky. Maybe it'll get more attention. I plan on fighting this until the end. If things don't at least come to a compromise, I'm going to do what I need to. I'll be an ass like I'm so good at. You can bet your balls I won't be participating in this "in sync" RP at more than one board, which makes this be the one. That may not seem like much to any of you, but the fuck with you. I have a lot to offer, and I know where I'm going to offer it.

Peoples, debate. I don't care which position or status spot you have on the boards, Admin, Mod, user, etc. Let it friggin begin. I want to see if you're ALL so crazy about this mutiple board hassle.

08-22-2003 6:19 AMMitsukai is offline Homepage of Mitsukai Search for Posts by Mitsukai Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
That just brings up another topic. If they're in sync, then each person who runs the board of theirs is going to have to check the other two just to make sure everything is all continuous and legal on all three boards.

I think its worth it.

As for the rest well I'm not up for any debate, however I do wish to say that I'm in for the "in sync". As you wanted to know if the people are 'ALL so crazy'

08-22-2003 6:20 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No one is to override the sticky unless on my order. As for me, I thought I'd give a chance. However if anyone manages to convince me otherwise i'll gladly reverse my decision.
08-22-2003 6:58 AMAttention Whore is offline Send an Email to Attention Whore Search for Posts by Attention Whore Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You're only in favour because that makes you God everwhere. Never mind me, I'm just being annoying as usual. I'm in favour, though I never use the other boards.
08-22-2003 1:31 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Think about this, Pyros... Ok, so it'd make XP God at 3 boards, big whoop. It's the same RP as I've stated before. It's like having 3 board games of Monopoly going on, only you control your piece on three boards, and whatever you roll you roll for all boards. Say you roll a 7. You move your piece forward seven. But, you can not move your piece on one board or "accidentally" forget. Well, then your piece isn't in the right spot. You roll again and the same thing happpens. Meanwhile, the owners' of the spaces you land on have to try to figure out where the hell you're really supposed to be by getting bits of info from all three boards. It's extremely confusing. Let me give you an example.

You're starting off at Go. Most of the other places have already been "bought". (Items/powers/events have already happened.

You roll a 6. You only move the 6 on Boards 1&2. It isn't owned, you "buy" it.

You roll a 3. You can move your piece forward 3 spots and land on connecticut. It's unowned, so you buy it. Meanwhile, on board 3, if you move ahead 3 you land on Baltic, also unowned.

You roll a five. On boards 1 and 2 youd land on Virginia Av, which is owned, so you don't move your pieces. But on board #3 you'd land on vermont, which is unowned. You take it and get the monopoly.

Meanwhile someone else has rolled and landed in Baltic. They only play on board 3, so they think you are actually supposed to own it. Therefore, they cannot get it, when they should be able to.

You're also not supposed to have Vermont, completing your monopoly.

Does anyone get what I mean by this example? By not posting information at all 3 boards, you can purposely or accidentally get or lose more than you are supposed to/deserve. Plus, if at one board you are in cahoots with, or are, one of the people who runs it, then you're most likely to get away with it.

Now, some of you may say that I am in "cahoots", as I put it, with XP. That is why I propose a new plan.

Ok... All of THIS timeline's RPing could take place here. In that case we'd could add Tyru or somebody from the other RPs to mod, so they can directly decide what's legal or not to, and can have say in things.... This plan is odd, >_<, but it could work.

Plan 2) This requires making a whole new board, one which server I could care less. This board would be strictly for the RPs that are supposed to be "in sync." We could establish a new Mod/Admin hierarchy based on votes for valid candidates, and Voila, there we go.

And I'm going on, :P..... Like I've said before, it wouldn't be in sync. With different people controlling or "maintaining" the RPs, and different users going to each, all 3 boards would become independant. They wouldn't stay synchronized for long. Don't say people wouldn't purposely abuse the system to get something they want, I'm pretty sure they would....

As far as I'm concerned this is just a plan, like I said before, for people who control the boards to get more power, RPing or not. I say, get over it. It sucks. Tenki made his own board for "differences". As I see it he just wanted to get more power because under XP/Mal's rules he was pretty screwed about getting power the way he wanted. So, make a new board, own it, you can do what you want.

I'm accusing Tyru of something similar. Not quite as dramatic. If he's going to be the maintainer of the DS board then he'll have some say in what goes on, and he can pretty much do what he wants, so long as XP or someone doesn't catch him. Are any of you aware, besides me, that his whole New Era thing had a big plotline that'd put his character as the head-honcho-super-being-Seraphic-Radiance-rip-off?

It's all a rivalry for power, everyone wants what XP has, or close to it. By being bale to manipulate the rules, you can get it in unfair amounts. Get over it, XP has it, you'll never come close. Why don't you try RPing like everyone else has to.

You may call me a hypocrit, because I have my AA board, in which I control all 11 of the super-powerful characters. Well, I'll tell you what. I don't care about what powers I control, so long as I can write what I want. I'm telling you now that after I get enough members and activity I'll only be controlling 3-5 of those characters, and will be giving out the others to you folks(if you join, :/)

Ok, so I'm frustrated from today's events IRL and I'm ranting, I don't care. When I rant I usually say what I want but usually don't because I don't want to piss people off. Well, today, I'm saying Screw you.

Here's the part where I want to scream, ARGH! I've got a task for anyone who's read through all the crap I typed above. Write me a Pros/Cons list kind of thing about the 3 of the "same" boards, or "in sync" I can guarantee you after you finish typing in and post it, I can find the cons which greatly outweigh it.

08-22-2003 5:00 PMTyru is offline Search for Posts by Tyru Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I find it fucked up how you think this is a way for people to get more power. The Mods of each rp section will be in contact and monitering the rpers to make sure there not cheating the system.

Also in terms of me doing the whole new era thing to get power, thats bull. I said I was gonna make Tyru in that rp signifcant to clear up loose ends, and all that shit bout a big ass rp to fight him that was me thinking up on spot if you talk to anyone i've talked to about rping you'll find i've mentioned alot of ideas that never came into play in the rping.

There's also the mods of the other boards stopping the other mods from geting more power and just because i'm a mod of DS doesn't mean I can twist things to get away with what I want, first of all i'll get called on it, by people like Inertia and Maji, Fenix people like that who know whats going on, not to mention X.

Now for the benifits. The main reason i'm doing this is because I want character development to mean more. Say you develop a character here, work yo ass off and he becomes a formidable force, then find that the rp section dies due to lack of interest or you find you don't like rping here anymore, it be a waste of time. You can also be involved in more rp's at the same time as long as timelines are sorted out, if you want to rp with three different characters and one to do it at different boards, fine, create three different characters its not gonna be that much of a problem.

If you rp because you just want to write you'd be better off doing proper stories and not being stuck down to the rp section.

Anyway i've responded for long enough, i'll feel myself ranting which will turn me to the dark side.

Good Day.
08-22-2003 5:16 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyru

Now for the benifits. The main reason i'm doing this is because I want character development to mean more. Say you develop a character here, work yo ass off and he becomes a formidable force, then find that the rp section dies due to lack of interest or you find you don't like rping here anymore, it be a waste of time. You can also be involved in more rp's at the same time as long as timelines are sorted out, if you want to rp with three different characters and one to do it at different boards, fine, create three different characters its not gonna be that much of a problem.

WHAT THE FUCK? Don't you get it? If the RP board dies at one spot it's because there IS three boards. If they all go to the same one for the same RP then they'll have to go there to RP, not one of the three, and end up neglecting the others... Also....

WHEN AN RP DIES OR YOU'RE TIRED OF USING A CHARACTER AT ONE BOARD, USING IT AT ANOTHER WHEN IT IS THE EXACT GOD-DAMN-FUCKING SAME THING IT DOESN'T MATTER! So you use the same character at a board which is supposed to be the same, BIG FUCKING WHOOP! IT DOESN'T MAKE IT MEAN MORE! IT'S A CROCK OF SHIT.

You may work hard and get your characters really strong, but if you're just using them on or against characters which already exist at the boards, it doesn't matter. You may have to post at one board just to challenge a certain character.

BUT IF EVERYONE RPS AT THE SAME BOARD, EVERYONE IS THERE. It matters JUST as much. You'll probably get MORE posts, etc.

I know it probably worked or whatever before the whole New Era attempt, but it doesn't mean it was good. Personally, I never checked there, though I tried posting once. I knew nothing of what had gone on there because I had reasons to stay away from DS for awhile. Hell, I didn't even know the link to RF so I couldn't go there to check either.
That probably happens to other people, though under different circumstances. It's just a pain in the ass. It causes confusion or lack of information.

That's why I suggested a NEW board. It's all in one spot, and no one can have their dumbass prejudices or biased-ness about going to a certain board to RP. How many of the DS RPers want to stay there just because they A) Either don't like TDotOL or B) Think DS is better, or just like it more?
Hmm?

Like I said, this In sync, like the rest of your previous post, is bullshit. It won't be In Sync. Each person is likely to do their own thing, and probably not going to post at all the boards. Each board will become independant, just like DS did from TDotOL.

Oh, and are you telling me that you're going to Sync everything up that's happened before now, too? Because then there is a whole lot of quests that shouldn't have happened due to the SR thing and it's lockdown. If you're going to Sync it, major things like that will have to happen at every board. THAT will be confusing as hell as well.

08-22-2003 5:38 PMMitsukai is offline Homepage of Mitsukai Search for Posts by Mitsukai Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

(What the heck I'm posting again)

To Tdrak: Not everyone wants to have powers equal or beyond XP's

To Tyru: I like to write and why do I stuck down to the rp section?

I'll tell you why, This way I have a feeling my story actualy means something, not some story that can be put on the internet and nobody will ever read, thanks to RP people will be forced to read my stories and thanks to the 'in sync' there will be more people forced to read my stories. Muahahaha
(Hows that for dark side, do I have a sick mind or what?)

Quote:
...Hell, I didn't even know the link to RF so I couldn't go there to check either.
That probably happens to other people, though under different circumstances. It's just a pain in the ass. It causes confusion or lack of information.

You know asking doesn't hurt anyone.

As for...

Quote:
BUT IF EVERYONE RPS AT THE SAME BOARD, EVERYONE IS THERE. It matters JUST as much. You'll probably get MORE posts, etc.

If it only was that easy. Some people like to RP on RF and some prefere DS instead or TDotOL because one thinks the one is better than the other even what they have the same rules, I know it sounds insane but people are that strange, I'm counting myself as one of those.

Quote:
Like I said, this In sync, like the rest of your previous post, is bullshit. It won't be In Sync. Each person is likely to do their own thing, and probably not going to post at all the boards. Each board will become independant, just like DS did from TDotOL.

This actualy makes sense to me, however if you just at the rule. If you want to play on the other boards but haven't posted the quests on it, you whould have to do so before you can use the powers. But if they where allowed you can atleast be sure they are allowed on the other places.

Quote:
Oh, and are you telling me that you're going to Sync everything up that's happened before now, too? Because then there is a whole lot of quests that shouldn't have happened due to the SR thing and it's lockdown. If you're going to Sync it, major things like that will have to happen at every board. THAT will be confusing as hell as well.

Yeah we would have to make it work right, there will be some confusing at the start, though I'm sure it will be worked out fine. For as far as the SR and stuff, I think Tyru or who else is planning on making this work (only use tyru's name for lack of trying to figure out who else was on the job) can work around that, some way or the other.

I hope I didn't miss anything I wanted to say. This debate is so confusing... maybe more than the hole 'in sync' difficulties itself. But atleast it's being debated, though I wonder how many are for it and how many against it.

08-22-2003 5:45 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Tdrak
That's why I suggested a NEW board. It's all in one spot, and no one can have their dumbass prejudices or biased-ness about going to a certain board to RP. How many of the DS RPers want to stay there just because they A) Either don't like TDotOL or B) Think DS is better, or just like it more?
Hmm?

There you go. If you have a new board no one can have their biases towards going to one forum or another. It's al run at the same place, and modded by each person who currently mods the current boards, and/or the people voted to run it.

It's new. A whole new forum. People won't have reason not to go there except for laziness. In that case, screw them.

08-22-2003 5:53 PMMitsukai is offline Homepage of Mitsukai Search for Posts by Mitsukai Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Meh then you mostlikely would screw almost everyone, laziness is a serious thing. I say the moment you make the RP somewere else than people are use to laziness comes out to play. Hell it might even be super-active for a short moment like Crystal RP then suddenly the people feel its just not the same as RPing on 'there' regular board. Humanity, it's hopeless.

08-22-2003 5:58 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My god. If their only excuse is not wanting to click a link in their favorites or something, then it sucks. If you're really going to RP, you'd click that link. I personally wouldn't want to RP with anyone who couldn't click that ne link just to RP....

08-22-2003 6:07 PMMitsukai is offline Homepage of Mitsukai Search for Posts by Mitsukai Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Like I said,

Quote:
Humanity, it's hopeless

however it will not always be their only excuse, just mostlikely one of 'em.
Atleast that's my view on humanity. And I'm also a lazy bastard. I prefere RP on a board where I have been for some time before any other. Though If forced because I realy want to RP somewhere I would get out of my place and reach out. Though the regular will still be a favorite. If more feel like that 'in sync' would be a good thing since you can go to your 'home' and RP there, then when you get a change of taste which board is better (more fun to hangout), you can go to that other board, and not lose the RP chars you have worked so hard for to earn.

08-22-2003 6:09 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sigh.... that's exactly the problem. The fact that the "same" RPs will be so different. I'm not even going to post a big long thing on it again, it's useless. I don't think anyone will be able to see it like I do...

08-22-2003 10:40 PMAttention Whore is offline Send an Email to Attention Whore Search for Posts by Attention Whore Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Tdrak
Think about this, Pyros... Ok, so it'd make XP God at 3 boards, big whoop. It's the same RP as I've stated before. It's like having 3 board games of Monopoly going on, only you control your piece on three boards, and whatever you roll you roll for all boards.

Good analogy. But make all the properties on every board X's, and that's nwhat you have. You now get rent for every property on all 3 boards, as if they all had hotels. Bah.
08-22-2003 11:25 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No, you don't, because people don't land on yours when they should, :P

08-23-2003 12:58 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've got something to add... mainly a question to XP.

Ok, so, we follow Tenki's timeline, too, right? He has the Tolkien Rings and Excalibur, and other items no doubt which means we can't have them here, right? So... we'd have to be syncing with RPHaven as well. Who's going to go and get Tenki and get him to work with everyone on this?

Oh, and since X Prime is God, and basically runs the show since he knows most about what's going on and what's legal, why not just make him the mod/manager of the other 2 boards. You want to be in sync as much has possible, right?

I guess this just all sounds so stupid, illogical, and misportrayed that I can't stand it. I also can't see why you people can... -_-; Though I have absolutely no control over it, and I doubt I'll be able to convince anyone. So do whatever the fuck you want.

08-23-2003 3:23 PMTyru is offline Search for Posts by Tyru Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I wasn't aware we followed Tenki's timeline..

Anyway i've got no problem with X modding them all, but i'm not sure X even wants to go to DS anymore. Also three boards is a beast of a workload for one man.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » RP areas in sync