What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » RP areas in sync» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page RP areas in sync
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-23-2003 3:28 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

We do not follow Tenki's timeline. Hell, I can write him out RIGHT NOW. I think I will.
08-25-2003 3:15 PMLunarus is offline Send an Email to Lunarus Search for Posts by Lunarus Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Tyru, that was against you, your last message. I think a sync has pros and cons.

Well, first off. People who can't click a fucking link can't expect to live in the real world. I do all I'm asked to do, If I have a job, I DO it; If it's in my leisure time, I do what I want, but I don't let laziness get in my way. Laziness is a very common problem, and needs to be taken care of. If you aren't going to use 5 minutes of your time, to register at a board to RP, you shouldn't be on the internet at all. I accually have faith in my future, I'm not spending hours on the comp each day without research. I spend my leisure time learning abut physics and caculus n such; Hell, in school, I'm not even in either of those classes, but next year, when I hope to be, I'll have a great head start. Role Playing helps your with your english, its true; It is educational, especially my posts that use a mass-quantity of physics.

It seems all the lazy bums around here are fully capable of spending hours talking on AIM, with their incorrect grammar and severely misused puncuation. But its one of their faults, not mine, RPing takes skill, and patience. Not to mention knowledge, knowledge is power. You know how to impose an electrstatic inertia upon atoms? Thats great. Considering when people don't even make an attempt to understand, they merely say they dislike reading or research or something. The whole internet is words, and research is an absolute must for ANY RPer. Most people with patience, skill and knowledge are bound to succeed.

Now onto another subject, the sync cons and pros. Theres no specific choice if they should be or not. For example, on Delta Star, Maji has the true Longinous Lance, while on here, Malachai's Tabris Angelus character has it. Coalescing the forums would pose serious problems. Now to compare the sync to other stuff. Imagine TDotOL, DS, and RF are seperate black holes; While they are very eager to fuse, and are capable of doing so, many problems occur. Such as, when black holes coalesce, they cause an unimaginable burst of energy, and gravitational power, causing a distortion of the very fabric of space, itself. Now this interfears with everyone, due to the material possessed, by the recent sync, but at the same time, other things go unnoticed. Ok, X is god, now lets SAY there was someone equal on DS and RF, two seperate people, lets name them god1 and god2, considering fusing the forums would cause each to cancel out, there really can't be 3 gods, can there? Yet, it would be completely unfair to rule out any characters or powers when you got the legally.
08-25-2003 3:18 PMLunarus is offline Send an Email to Lunarus Search for Posts by Lunarus Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Note, the 'gods' in the post above are the most divine god, The God.
08-25-2003 6:05 PMAttention Whore is offline Send an Email to Attention Whore Search for Posts by Attention Whore Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I suppose X will be the only true God, so his decisions will be final. Maybe the two owners will have to battle for the Longinous Lance.. I guess that's the downfall of using items from other shows/games/roleplays.
08-25-2003 6:08 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

One could be a copy.

08-25-2003 6:28 PMAttention Whore is offline Send an Email to Attention Whore Search for Posts by Attention Whore Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

But then, who gets the copy and who gets the original?
08-25-2003 6:30 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Depends on who got it first, I guess.

But you see, this is what I'm talking about. The RP areas were already In Sync before the New Era thing. So unless Maji got it during that, then this is the kind of problem that happens...

08-26-2003 12:24 AMLunarus is offline Send an Email to Lunarus Search for Posts by Lunarus Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No, you cannot simply make them battle for who gets it. Each were acquired legally, taking that away should be forbidden. And no, each are the true lances, not a copy, like Census has. Imagine someone just taking away an item or ability you quested like hell for. And I know X is the true god, but it was an example.

And Yeah, Maji got it during the New Era.
08-26-2003 11:52 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So, if he got it in the New Era, Maji wouldn't have it at all. The only reason he DOES have it was because the New Era followed a totally different timeline, in which Talyn or whichever of his char did not have it. He'll have to re-do the quest and get a copy.

02-22-2009 7:08 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Aregular Hopoge Albono:
No one is to override the sticky unless on my order. As for me, I thought I'd give a chance. However if anyone manages to convince me otherwise i'll gladly reverse my decision.

You're so hot when you give people orders and boss them around...

TAKE ME NOW YOU PASTY ALBINO STUD

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

05-05-2009 9:48 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He'd rather watch you play something on ZSNES instead.
05-05-2009 10:20 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Aregular Hopoge Albono:
No one is to override the sticky unless on my order.

I'M GOING ROGUE

NOW, SOMEBODY EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE HELL IT IS I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO DO SO I CAN GO DO IT

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-17-2011 12:43 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by The Mail Nurse:

Laughing My Ass Off

OR PLAY SOME FUCKING MMO COOP HEH

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

01-17-2011 3:33 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

heh mafia

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

01-17-2011 6:51 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bloodsucking Bizarre Cool Angsty Artist:
Quote by The Mail Nurse:

Laughing My Ass Off

OR PLAY SOME FUCKING MMO COOP HEH

I told ya, man.
01-18-2011 11:12 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Pasty seems so insulting. Frown
08-10-2011 10:45 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So the thing that bothered you most was the pasty crack. Really.

08-11-2011 1:01 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't follow how that would be insulting

Quote by Alizarin:

08-11-2011 5:27 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It just has negative connotations!
08-11-2011 5:43 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah but those people don't matter.

They're all gonna get melanoma anyway so..let em enjoy roasting themselves in a tube filled with UV lights I guess

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » RP areas in sync