What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Your meaning of life?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Your meaning of life?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-24-2003 9:06 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, may sound weird, but what's your definition of life? What do you think you were created for other than the obvious 'continue the species' deal?

Were you some kind of horrible mistake that will get tested and probed, yet will save other lives in the future? Are you just a slacker that will end up a bum and die in a ditch? Or maybe an eraser salesman? Anyone born to be an eraser salesman?

My reason for being here I think, is to be used beyond belief to make others happy and then die of all the worry and stress and whatever else when I'm say..98. Laughing Out Loud I really can't think of anything else..that's just how sad it is.

Teddy Roosevelt: To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

09-24-2003 9:09 AMKasai is offline Send an Email to Kasai Search for Posts by Kasai Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think we, not only my purpose of living is something we dicover as we age. Because I have no fucking clue so far. Laughing Out Loud

09-24-2003 12:44 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

We live only to die.
09-24-2003 1:59 PMP is offline Search for Posts by P Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm not in favor to continue the species, because I don't find myself good enough for it plus we already have already formed a plague.

I'm also not a test and probe product, that will save other lives in the future.

I am afraid I'd end up a bum and die in a ditch. So I better try to keep enhancing myself. And when I finally have a girlfriend on my side, I can become a bum again. :D

I'm also not born to become an eraser salesman, because I don't like to sell things.

As for making others happy, err... I don't think I have the right gender for it.

So I think my life is actually a "to be or not to be a bum" dilemma.
09-24-2003 2:18 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Tallgeese
We live only to die.

Reminds me of a Metallica song. Well, that new shitty one anyway. Skank.

Teddy Roosevelt: To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

09-24-2003 2:21 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, it's my opinion. Nillhistic eh?
11-17-2003 9:29 AMMagic Eight Ball is offline Send an Email to Magic Eight Ball Search for Posts by Magic Eight Ball Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The purpose of all life is to find purpose, if you don't have a faith in some higher religious deity and you listen to me, which is a bad idea in and of itself. Since I use exclamation points way too much to be legal, and metaphors and similies plague my messages like fleas on Jason Alexander! I mean, a dog! Or are they the same?
Your careers, hopes, ambitions, wishes, dreams, perversions, sexual deviance, and all related topics (related to sexual deviance, I mean) don't carry any meaning unless they are alotted meaning by the consciousness-at-large, eg "you", so the meaning of life and existence is whatever you make of it! Interpretive Living made Easy for Dummies, coming soon from Eight Ball/Murder Inc. Book Publishing Clearinghouse Record Industries United.
Asking someone else what the purpose of life is should ALSO be illegal, but we don't all live in "La-la-la, la-la-la, Elmo's Wooorld!" Asking someone what they _think_ the purpose of life may be is allowable under my soon-to-be-enacted military dictatorship. Look for my propaganda posters, starring the Marlboro Man as me and Elmo as my spokesperson.
Sieg Zeon!

11-17-2003 7:01 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I reckon humanity is here to bring death and misery onto itself and other species of life. Everyone is self-centred to an extent (whoever says they're not is lying).

Just look around you, beyond the known boundaries into the wilderness... and to discover new things.

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

11-17-2003 7:19 PMXander is offline Send an Email to Xander Homepage of Xander Search for Posts by Xander Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Birth-Puberty-Sex-Death
11-17-2003 9:53 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Thankfully you said puberty before sex, Xander. Unlike some folks I know. *shudder*

11-17-2003 10:23 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I am to deliver mankind from it's follies, bringing Earth into a new age of prosperity, knowledge, peace, and truth. I won't just save some lives, I'll be saving the entire race. A messiah? Possibly, but not Holy.

Either that or I'm here to learn all I can, and spread my creativity to everyone I can, via Art and Writing. That, and probably to help people, I guess. Spread my knowledge, too, AKA, be a teacher of some sort.

11-18-2003 1:57 AMMaji is offline Send an Email to Maji Search for Posts by Maji Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My meaning of life?

I forgot long ago.

02-08-2004 3:11 AMAttention Whore is offline Send an Email to Attention Whore Search for Posts by Attention Whore Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by The Cheat
Birth-Puberty-Sex-Death

Unfortunately, some miss out on either Sex, or both middle steps.

I would have to say I define my reality by the people I'm surrounded by. I do not live life to acquire knowledge, or to 'continue the species', I live my life to share my experiences with others. After all, what is experience when there is no-one to convey it to? For that matter, how are you meant to gain experience without others? Life is about communication and interaction, whatever others may say.

The bottom line is, if we were created to 'continue the species', why aren't just those four steps carried out? Why isn't life a simple case of birth-puberty-sex-death? Why, if we are made for just that purpose, has this forum been set up?

For exactly my reasoning. We interact. Therefore we are. Or something like that.
02-08-2004 10:33 AM¡Rush! is offline Send an Email to ¡Rush! Search for Posts by ¡Rush! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh, another one of these topics. Wonderful.

First of all, consider this: "What if there isn't a meaning to life?"

Lies!

Or are they? Our very existance must have been set into motion for SOME reason. Then again, we could all be an accident gone right, never intended to carry out any true meaning. Although, we do exist. We live, we die. Yet, as humans, we all share the equal and just right to INTERNALLY believe what we choose too. No mater what. I, myself, consider this endless cycle to have no true purpose but to continue. We live, we die. I can't wait to see what's after life. There's gotta be something.

In my honest opinion, I believe life is just a preliminary stage to get you prepared for death. Perhaps there's something larger out there, beyond death. Hell, I could just be babbling untrue statements and beliefs, but it's my belief.

Life is the training grounds before death.
02-08-2004 10:53 AMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The meaning of life is to live.

Interpret it as you will.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

02-08-2004 11:11 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You say alot in two sentences Mavvy Bunneh.

04-04-2005 10:25 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Why are we here, what's life all about?
Is God really real, or is there some doubt?
Well tonight, we're going to sort it all out
For tonight it's the Meaning of Life.
What's the point of all this hoax?
Is it the chicken and the egg time,
Are we just yolks?
Or perhaps we're just one of God's little jokes.
Well ça c'est the Meaning of Life.
Is life just a game where we make up the rules,
While we're searching for something to say,
Or are we just simply spiralling coils,
Of self-replicating DNA? (nay nay nay nay nay nay nay nay nay nay)
In this life, what is our fate?
Is there Heaven and Hell? Do we reincarnate?
Is mankind evolving or is it too late?
Well tonight here's the Meaning of Life.
For millions this life is a sad vale of tears,
Sitting round with nothing to say,
While scientists say we're just spiralling coils,
Of self-replicating DNA. (nay nay nay nay nay nay nay nay nay nay)
So just why, why are we here?
And just what, what, what, what do we fear?
Well çe soir, for a change, it will all be made clear,
For this is the Meaning of Life
-c'est la sens de la vie,
This is the Meaning of Life.

Monty Python's take on the whole thing was expressed in a movie (I believe in the late 70s/early 80s). The final bit, where they actually revealed the meaning, wound up as being (and I quote):

Quote:
Well, it's nothing
special. Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a
good book every now and then, get some walking in and try and
live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds
and nations. And finally, here are some completely gratuitous
pictures of penises to annoy the censors and to hopefully
spark some sort of controversy which it seems is the only way
these days to get the jaded video-sated public off their
fucking arses and back in the sodding cinema. Family
entertainment bollocks! What they want is filth, people doing
things to each other with chainsaws during tupperware parties,
babysitters being stabbed with knitting needles by Gay
presidential candidates, vigilante groups strangling chickens,
armed bands of theatre critics exterminating mutant goats -
where's the fun in pictures? Oh well, there we are - here's
the theme music. Goodnight.

Works for me.
04-04-2005 10:43 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I have revised my statement.

YOU all live to serve my whims, THEN you die.
04-04-2005 10:53 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I'll get right onto that, 'God', right after I finish my education, get a job and retire comfortably before I'm 50.
05-08-2005 5:22 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I guess the topic should really be "What do you believe is your purpose in life?"

As for my purpose...I really don't know, and I figure that's the way it's supposed to be. I'm not going to waste my time spouting theoretical nonsense, trying to figure it all out.

But, if I'd have to take a guess.... Ehh.... Well, I still really have no idea. If I come up with something, I'll be sure to let you know. Smile
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Your meaning of life?