What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, to be released in the USA» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, to be released in the USA
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
03-15-2004 12:02 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

*Drops to knees and begins to offer endless praise to Atlus USA*

Finally, a stateside SMT game! It's likely gonna be marketed by the optional character... DANTE!

http://agtp.romhack.net/smt3n.jpg

It's rather mature and supposedly uber difficult though.. Hope little gets cut.
04-08-2004 12:19 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

404 - Page Not Found

*Mind Trick*

You will buy if you are an RPG fan and have a PS2.
04-12-2004 3:54 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That actually does look kinda interesting. I didn't actually read all of it, or any of it really, just skimmed through but what I got from that seemed alright.

Does the article say anything about when it would be released?

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

04-12-2004 3:56 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Some time around Fall this year. Just the quarter basically.
09-10-2004 6:48 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You will visit this site and like what you see. Or else.

Atlus USA presents Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
09-12-2004 11:49 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Still seems intersting, like I said back in April. Gotta love games that let you make your own decisions. I doubt I'll be able to buy it myself as I don't really have much money to spend on video games these days. =o

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-28-2004 1:36 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay, guess I lied. Been playing it the last few days, find it to be a fairly addictive game. I'm not very far I imagine(just entered Ginza), but I've been having fun tinkering with my party and trying to get it it certain way.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-28-2004 7:33 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm warning you now... Get backup allies that are immune to Force or YOU WILL regret it. I suggest Megami Uzume definitely. Fuse her with Divine Angel and somebody else, I forget who.

Why you ask? Because there's a midboss in the Great Underpass of Ginza who will RAEP you without it.

--

By the way... About that Pixie from the beginning... Did you do anything with her? I suggest you don't ditch or fuse her if you know what's good for you...
11-29-2004 5:59 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I had seen the Megami Uzume as an option when I was fusing. I have yet to do it, but I know I have or have had the demon necessary for it's fusion.

And well, thanks, now I'm glad I didn't continue to go farther in the Great Underpass of Ginza. Laughing Out Loud I have yet to go to the Assembly of the Nihilo(I think that's what it's called), I decided to try and search the area around, and entered the Underpass through the factory. I got freaked out when I saw the first cutscene with the man and decided that maybe, I shouldn't be doing that part yet. Laughing Out Loud

Though, it seems to be a better place to get experience than the surrounding area of Ginza. Trying to get my demons to learn more of their abilities before I go on, ya know?

And yeah, I got rid of the pixie. I didn't really mean to, I didn't say good riddance to her. But in no way could I say "I need you." I kinda regretted my choice after she left, but the Matagama I received from her kinda swayed my opinion. I'm dreading the thought now though, if it was a bad idea. Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-29-2004 6:07 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It was. If you kept her and engaged in a certain sidequest, she would become what is known unofficially as the UberPixie, with 30 in all stats and a crapload of superspells.
11-29-2004 7:02 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well damn. Laughing Out Loud

I had a feeling this was going to happen, that there had to be something special about her. Didn't make much sense that one way she gives you the Magatama, or the either way you'd keep a demon that you can easily replace.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-29-2004 9:38 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, that wasn't the case in the original version though. We actually got the expanded version, which in Japan was called Nocturne Maniacs, which included new stuff like that.
12-04-2004 12:59 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Dante's one of the extra's in the expanded version too, isn't he?

Just got through the Matador, your suggestion really did help. I had a Uzume and a Koppa, I think?, in my party at the time of the battle, both rendering force attacks void. Still was an annoying boss though, how he kept raising his dodge and accuracy stats after I reduced them.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

12-04-2004 8:01 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Metatron

*Mind Trick*

You will buy if you are an RPG fan and have a PS2.

Mind trick is rendered void. Does not work on -cynical- RPG fans.

*plays Breath of Fire* >.>

Aliz: its ok. dustin has guns. we can make this right

12-04-2004 8:48 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Vinz Clortho
Dante's one of the extra's in the expanded version too, isn't he?

Just got through the Matador, your suggestion really did help. I had a Uzume and a Koppa, I think?, in my party at the time of the battle, both rendering force attacks void. Still was an annoying boss though, how he kept raising his dodge and accuracy stats after I reduced them.

Dante is an extra party member, yes. He is also disgustingly awesome all the way up to the secret final boss, where he becomes worthless because he lacks a certain skill.

You could've used any of the Kaja spells... Matador didn't have Dekaja.
12-06-2004 5:13 PMRyuujin is offline Send an Email to Ryuujin Search for Posts by Ryuujin Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I read some were that after level 80 Dant becomes more worthless than a burnt out wore with both her legs and all her teeth. But that could just be me. Also, In the manicas version If you decided to destroy the world the there is another harder boss after the original final boss.

"Society is a self-destroying concept. It forces all things to become part of it, thus becoming part of the norm. All things that can't 'fit it' or want nothing to do with it are exiled and made taboo."
-Stockton Browning

12-06-2004 6:41 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...That makes no sense, as Dante STARTS at Lv. 80.

Here's the problem people have with Dante:

1: No healing.

2: No stat raising or dropping except for Provoke and Holy Star (Taunt with MP boost and Dekunda respectively).

3: He doesn't have Pierce, which is essentially for the secret final boss.

4: Low stats that are hard to build up.

---

Now, here is why those concerns are barely justified:

1: By the time you get Dante, SOMEBODY should have Mediarama or Mediarahan. One dose of those spells per round is enough to satisfy all of your healing needs.

2: While those spells are potent, I usually manage to have a few of them scattered around on my demons without trying... Since they affect the whole party they are targeted on, sticking one demon as a support role would not be difficult.

3: Only real weakness, but it only matters on the secret boss.

4: See next section.

---

Now, what is GOOD about Dante:

1: Stinger. Almighty (IE, can't be blocked) attack that can instakill and nobody except the secret boss ever resists.

2: Rebellion for relatively easy criticals.

3: Roundtrip and Whirlwind to exploit Electric and Force weaknesses respectively.

4: Son's Oath special skill, which gives him INNATE 50% damage boost to most of his attacks, including Rebellion and Stinger. This means that he is doing more damage earlier than practically any other demon.

5: He voids status ailments, and resists everything that does damage except Almighty. I don't believe any other demon boasts that.
12-06-2004 6:53 PMRyuujin is offline Send an Email to Ryuujin Search for Posts by Ryuujin Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Huh, I guess I and the faq I read that in are terribly wrong then. Well, poo. I guess that I would also be right in assuming that Dante cannot be fused with any other demons, right?

"Society is a self-destroying concept. It forces all things to become part of it, thus becoming part of the norm. All things that can't 'fit it' or want nothing to do with it are exiled and made taboo."
-Stockton Browning

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Ryuujin: 12-06-2004 6:54 PM.

12-06-2004 6:55 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Not like he needs it.
12-07-2004 5:07 PMRyuujin is offline Send an Email to Ryuujin Search for Posts by Ryuujin Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

From what you said, that seems all too true.

-Stockton Browning

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, to be released in the USA