What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » MegaManX True Power» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page MegaManX True Power
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-26-2002 11:59 PMShinwa is offline Send an Email to Shinwa Search for Posts by Shinwa Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

[GLOW=royalblue]
[SHADOW=crimson]MegaManX True Power[/SHADOW]
[/GLOW]
[GLOW=skyblue]
The nightmare has just begun...
[/GLOW]

By: Vagrant Zero

[GLOW=crimson]Prologue[/GLOW]

It?s been a month since the Eurasia Colony incident. The earth lies in ruins, shattered by the catastrophic collision, no longer able to sustain organic life. Man?s once great cities gone, vacant shells of their once former glory. Humanity has vanished underground leaving reploids to their own devises.

The reconstruction of earth is underway, led by the surviving reploids and the Maverick Hunter?s who?ve protected them for so long. As of yet there have been no reported incidents of Maverick activity, but as long as there are innocents to be harmed, there will be those to harm them. There will be Mavericks, and as long as there are Mavericks, there will be Maverick Hunters, much like X.

But this time it?s different, X no longer has his most trusted friend by his side, Zero.

[GLOW=crimson]Chapter One ? A Restless Grave[/GLOW]

X stood in awe of the raging power surging before him. His grip on the railing which barred him from the frigid waters below tightened as memories of what seemed like a past life raced through his mind. It?d been a beautiful place once, even though it had been rebuilt to mimic the original, it reeked of artificiality. The humans had called it Niagara Falls, but that had been a long time ago, back before they?d been forced underground. Those had been happier days X reminisced.

The blue Maverick Hunter wasn?t the only reploid admiring the scenery. A mysterious duo was watching from afar as well. However it wasn?t the fury of the falls that interested these two unknowns. Their gaze lay intently on X, and their minds too raced with long buried memories, and judging from their bitter expressions their memories were none to pleasant, as was the fate they plotted for the blue bomber?

Two Hours Later

A feminine voice filled X?s com-link. He immediately recognized as Alia?s, his spotter, and she sounded flustered, ?X, do you read me??

?Barely. There?s a great deal of static in the background. Adjust the frequencies on your com if you can,? He answered, becoming a bit worried.

?It?s not the com that?s doing it; the HQ?s scanners are picking some strange readings. They seem metallic in origin, but for some reason the central computer can?t run a diagnostic on it. It?s like were being jammed. Signas wants you to report back ASAP, and I?d also feel a bit safer with you here X.? Her voice softened with the last sentence, and though X couldn?t see it her cheeks had taken a rosy hue.

?I understand. I?ll report back to HQ as soon as I can,? X replied as he cut the channel and made his way down the overhang through the resort?s lobby which had been built around the falls after the vegetation had been blasted away from the ?Eurasia Incident?, yet another step forward for the Restoration.

Naturalization, that?s what the people spearheading the Restoration called it. They claimed they wanted to restore Earth to its natural beauty so the humans [who were just starting to dwell on the surface again] would awaken to the same beautiful world they had left. But X and his fellow hunters weren?t as easily deceived as the other reploids. It was not loyalty to their human masters that drove these ?naturalists?, quite the contrary, it was capitalism. These good-doing naturalists knew most of the humans who had survived the ?drop? had survived because they?d had the funds to buy shelter. Thus they knew if these humans could afford shelter, they could afford to pay a king?s ransom to visit and even live in the naturalized resorts.

He walked up to the clerk stationed behind a desk of pricey fine-oak and informed the black ?tuxedoed? reploid-manager that he was checking out. X handed the over the keys to his room [which HQ had paid for at the request of Signas] and left headed for the parking lot.

He didn?t bother to acknowledging the valet who rushed to meet him and offer his assistance [at an exuberant price no doubt]. He brushed by the valet without so much as a word and headed to one of the lower sections of the plaza where his ride chaser was parked. Unfortunately, that was a long ways off, a good twenty minutes of solid walking, which he didn?t have the time or patience for. Activating his emergency acceleration unit, he blazed down the paved road. He almost ran an employee down, but the startled reploid managed to hurl himself out of the hunter?s way screaming ?Can?t you read the signs you idiot, no dashing allowed!?

X covered the distance to the chaser in under a minute and pulled a set of keys from its glove department. He ignited chaser?s engine with them, and for a moment paused to gaze at the Niagara Falls memorial, as was the name of the resort. So much for his long deserved vacation (as Signas had put it) he thought. He gunned the throttle and sped off in a cloud of dust.
08-24-2002 6:09 PMGeneral Idiot is offline Send an Email to General Idiot Search for Posts by General Idiot Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

*Walks into topic only to find it deserted*

Dude...Is that a tumbleweed?
08-24-2002 6:17 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No, it's a dustball.
08-24-2002 6:28 PMShinwa is offline Send an Email to Shinwa Search for Posts by Shinwa Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Laughing My Ass Off

I didnt know VZ registerd :D
01-15-2008 9:11 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
X stood in awe of the raging power surging before him.

...that's horrible out of context.

Quote:
even though it had been rebuilt to mimic the original, it reeked of artificiality. The humans had called it Niagara Falls, but that had been a long time ago, back before they'd been forced underground. Those had been happier days X reminisced.

...so is this.

Quote:
Signas wants you to report back ASAP, and I?d also feel a bit safer with you here X.? Her voice softened with the last sentence, and though X couldn?t see it her cheeks had taken a rosy hue.

"Do you find it weird that Signas is really close to Sigma?" She likes X TEE HEE, she saw him for 5 minutes and barely knows his name, it's love ^___^

Quote:
Activating his emergency acceleration unit, he blazed down the paved road. He almost ran an employee down, but the startled reploid managed to hurl himself out of the hunter?s way screaming ?Can?t you read the signs you idiot, no dashing allowed!?

What the fuck, talk about weird senses of humor

Necro: sex is an intoxicant for the mediocre

01-15-2008 10:46 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...that was fucking terrible.

I mean, just the stuff Holleh mentioned in her post. No wai I'm reading this.
Peace.

01-15-2008 10:47 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ewww.
09-12-2008 9:55 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

09-12-2008 9:55 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

We need MML3.
09-12-2008 11:30 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by X-sah:
We need MML3.

And more Tron Bonne

02-28-2010 3:30 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Shinwa:
The nightmare has just begun...

Is this the opening, or was he reviewing his own work

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

02-28-2010 8:48 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Laughing My Ass Off

I think, his work

02-28-2010 10:14 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He tried to make a CV game too.
04-20-2010 6:04 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

THE BADDLE

02-07-2011 7:01 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He showed off the engine. It actually wasn't that horrible, though it's funny that now you can just edit SOTN.
02-07-2011 7:31 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Lain:
Quote by X-sah:
We need MML3.

And more Tron Bonne

-'s, years later.
02-07-2011 7:51 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Whats tron bonne

Let me guess it has huge eyes and makes odd noises

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

02-07-2011 8:20 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Some dumb bitch with pointy hair. However, she's surrounded by midget robots with huge eyes that make odd noises.
02-20-2011 4:50 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I still want an MML3, just not on some Durrrr... handheld. Fuck you Japan.
03-04-2014 1:58 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Franziska von Karma:

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » MegaManX True Power