What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Nargoss-Portrait» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Nargoss-Portrait
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-02-2004 12:13 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Post C&Pd from Chaoticism.

Character of mine from a MUD I play

Ok...

Finally remember I scanned it
Finally got my upload site to work.

http://membres.lycos.fr/creationedge/nargnocolor.gif

The link is a larger version. The smaller one above is closer to the actual size of the drawing.

I'm disappointed with the scan, it doesn't do it justice, and I had to mess with the contrast/curves in photoshop to get it look okay. It was too dark/grey in the original scan.

I'm going to color it, too.

Keep in mind that this is only Nargoss, not all Wyrcats. He's short whiskers and short grey striped hair. The ears didn't come out right, but I don't picture Nar with those really long ones(though some Wyrcats might have them.)

I also drew different facial expression for Wyrcats and different types of noses, but I didn't get it scanned.

Edit: Now that's it's been so long after drawing it, I'm noticing the mistakes. Please ignore me if I go on about them, it's self-criticism that helps me improve.

The split on the upper lip is a weird angle, or maybe it should just be more to the left and more under the nose. Speaking of the nose... Because of the way I shaded it, the black part looks like it's facing forward more than the rest of the nose, though it's not supposed to be and didn't look like it before I darkened it. Need to fix that or something. The ear looks really ruff... Need to make the details more clear so they aren't lost in scanning(there used to be a bunch a fine hairs there). The neck muscle is too defined on the lower part, need to lighten that a bit.

Edit 2: I need to do a full-body drawing of Nargoss, but I can't decide on his armor appearance and I need to brush up on my anatomy and proportions first anyway.

11-02-2004 12:14 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Haven't said this yet, but I love the way the eye turned out. Honestly, I think it's one of my best yet, probably because of the angle I drew the face at. If only all my eyes could turn out so nice.

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Nargoss-Portrait