What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Judgment - Planning» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Judgment - Planning
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-05-2005 1:53 AMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I probably mentioned this thing before, but eh. Judgment is one of the three original stories I have in the works--it's also the one I've been working on the longest. It is essentially the final versions of all my characters in the TDotOL RP, taken and re-done to be completely original. I've also taken X's Radiance-Creation-Idea and redone it for myself (though I guess this is v2 of my ideas since I took it and refined it for him once already...). While I love teh other two stories I'm working on, I've been planning this out for at least a year, maybe a year and a half. In my head it's sorta a magnum opus for me. Ah well.

So I'm just using this thread to get ideas down an' such. I'm gonna start with the chapter layout I wrote up a couple hours ago.

JUDGMENT Chapter List

• Part 0
    -- All: the Introduction

1 - Red: a Bad Dream
    2 - Blue: a Broken Building
    3 - Green: the Beginning

• Part 1
    -- Red: the Arcadian
    -- Blue: the Sight
    -- Green: the Forest

1 - Red: a World Shattered
    2 - Blue: the Alley's Revelations
    3 - Green: an Old World
    4 - Red: the American Alliance
    5 - Green: a Takeover
    6 - Blue: Gone Across the Earth
    7 - Blue: a Home
    8 - Red: a Digital War
    9 - Green: a Weapon
    10 - Blue: and Magick
    11 - Green: a Battle
    12 - Red: the Confrontation

• Part 2
    -- Red: the Sword
    -- Blue: the Spear
    -- Green: the Staff

13 - Blue: the Hermit's Life
    14 - Green: a New World
    15 - Blue: Genocide
    16 - Red: Rebuilding
    17 - Green: and Its Seeding
    18 - Red: a Threat Revisited
    19 - Green: Reverance
    20 - Red: Lifted
    21 - Blue: Crawling from the Wreckage
    22 - Red: Battle (I): an Act
    23 - Blue: Battle (II): an Assault
    24 - Green: Battle (III): an Annihilation

• Part 3
    -- Red: Magick
    -- Blue: Battle
    -- Green: Full Circle

25 - Red: the Arcadian (I): Confrontation
    26 - Blue: the Master
    27 - Green: the Gods
    28 - Blue: the Arcadian (II): Exaltation
    29 - Red: the Deal
    30 - Green: the Transformation
    31 - Blue: Death
    32 - Red: the Battle
    33 - Green: Rebirth

• Part 5 (no that's not a typo)
    -- Null: the Finale

-3 - Red: Family
    -2 - Blue: Teaching
    -1 - Green: and Life Anew

JUDGMENT Basic Plot Outline

Part 0
  • All: the Introduction
    1 - Red: a Bad Dream
    Starts off with Cappal's prophetic dream: seeing a colored version of the English Cathedral in the glacier, and seeing a dream interpretation of Ashurei. Then jumps into the real world, Cappal getting assigned the mission and heading to England, and finding the Cathedral (which in the real world is a solid black instead of Red/Green/Black). Inside he finds Ashurei (who's slaughtered the Etherium team originally sent to investigate the power spikes), who then proceeds to plant the very beginning sparks of his power in Cappal, as well as tell him how Cappal will seed Ashurei's eventual human form, etc. Ends with Cappal falling unconcious after a meeting with Ashurei inside his mental plane.

2 - Blue: a Broken Building
    Hrm. I'm still working this one out. What I have planned out so far is Ittou's skyscraper in Tokyo.2 (year 2247) coming under attack from radical environmentalists (don't ya hate them?), the building collapsing after Ittou fights them (Ittou runs a military contractor, so he has a lot of advanced weapons and such). Ends with, you know, the building collapsing, and Ittou stumbling from the wreckage.

3 - Green: the Beginning
    Starts with the "Birth" of the Radiance, ends with the creation of The Riven. Pretty simple.

Part 1
  • Red: the Arcadian
    1 - a World Shattered
    Cappal wakes up in the now-empty Cathedral, and finds that he has lost contact with the Etherium. He heads back, and finds the complex destroyed. Most of this chapter is him reminiscing, and searching for survivors (of which there are none). It ends with Cappal jumping across the Atlantic, heading towards the American Alliance.

4 - the American Alliance
    Cappal arrives in the now-massive central city of the American Alliance, based out of what was once New York City, now known in this time as A-C-0-1. Cappal, being a high-level agent of the Etherium, uses his clearence within the AA to gain access to the city itself, and meets up with the AA Liasion to the Etherium; a relatively young cyborg designated 13-1-10-9, or, as Cappal knows him, Zero-1. He informs him of the Etherium's destruction while he was out on a mission, but keeps the details of the mission and his encounter with Ashurei to himself. Cappal, as the last surviving Etherium agent, is made an honorary AA Special Agent. He is told by Zero-1's boss that tension between the AA and the Arcadium is escalating, and it's been predicted that conflict will soon arise. He says that "contingencies" have been created, and the chapter ends with Cappal and the official standing before a large metal door, which reads "WARNING: PROJECT E. areas are accesible only to those personnel with RESURRECTING CODE-LEVEL or higher. ALL OTHERS WILL BE TAKEN DOWN ON SIGHT."

8 - a Digital War

12 - the Confrontation

• Blue: the Sight
    2 - the Alley's Revelations
    Ittou finds himself, in the months following his company's destruction and subsequent liquidation, wandering the streets. One day, months later, he wakes up and ifnds he cannot see. He blinks, and then finds he can see--but differently. Everything is now shades of shadow, not shades of light, and he sees energy passing through the air, from and throught he people he can see wandering the streets. Teh chapter documents adapting to the new sight, as well as inadvertantly casting a small spell while pick-pocketing some ignorant bystander. The chapter ends with ITtou watching the sun set, as a massive blast of magickal energy blocks out everything fo ra moment, and then is gone.

6 - Gone Across the Earth
    The chapter opens with Ittou cutting through the jungle. A month has passed, and he has slowly begun to get a grasp on his new powers, burning a path through the foilage literally with nothing but his bare hands. The chapter details his travel across Russia and Europe, as well as crossing the channel between mainland Europe and England, finally coming to an old Cathedral in north-eastern Ireland.

7 - a Home

10 - and Magick

• Green: the Forest
    3 - an Old World
    THis one starts out with an explanation of Xair's world, Antioch, the "Earth" of the Riven's Universe, so to speak. It then goes into his life up until the event of Mokk'l's takeover. The chapter ends with him leaving his native land to escape the psychotic god's tyranny.

5 - a Takeover
    This is a chapter that technically takes place during the previous Green one, and details the events of Mokk'l's takeover, up until the point that the Ragnarok-armed Xair turns up at his citadel.

9 - a Weapon

11 - a Battle

Part 2
  • Red: the Sword
    4 - Rebuilding

6 - a Threat Revisited

8 - Lifted

10 - Battle (I)

• Blue: the Spear
    1 - the Hermit's Life

3 - Genocide

9 - Crawling from the Wreckage

11 - Battle (II)

• Green: the Staff
    2 - a New World

5 - and Its Seeding

7 - Reverance

12 - Battle (III)

Part 3
  • Red: Magick
    1 - the Arcadian (I): Confrontation

5 - the Deal

8 - the Battle

• Blue: Battle
    2 - the Master

4 - the Arcadian (II): Exaltation

7 - Death

• Green: Full Circle
    3 - the Gods

6 - the Transformation

9 - Rebirth

Part 5 (no that's not a typo)
  • Null: the Finale
    1 - Red: Family

2 - Blue: Teaching

3 - Green: Life Anew

Next up (in no real order):
-Character Descriptions/Powers/Weapons/Relationships/Etc
-Fleshing out of the Chapter List (I plan for it to double as a plot outline a well)
-Background stuff (Radiance ideas, Cappal's Book, the Weapons of the Mandala, etc)

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

08-05-2005 4:53 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Just so you know I've renamed Divinity 'Carsomyr'. The blade color changes from white to gold (because Philemon's symbol is technically the Golden Butterfly despite his power being referred to as White). The white version is Divinity, the gold version is Carsomyr. The only difference besides cosmetic is that Carsomyr can call Philemon to the physical plane (normally he cannot enter except as a butterfly).
08-05-2005 9:54 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Carsomyr, eh?

Hmm... I like the idea of you doing this, but why stick with Arcadia?

08-05-2005 11:16 AMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Gate
Just so you know I've renamed Divinity 'Carsomyr'. The blade color changes from white to gold (because Philemon's symbol is technically the Golden Butterfly despite his power being referred to as White). The white version is Divinity, the gold version is Carsomyr. The only difference besides cosmetic is that Carsomyr can call Philemon to the physical plane (normally he cannot enter except as a butterfly).

...am I supposed to care? LOL

In Judgment I'd only refer to it as "The White" anyway.

In fact The Black is the only one I'd ever refer to as anything other than a color (because I love its origin as The Lance, hehe).

Quote:
Originally posted by Ardis Flux
Carsomyr, eh?

Hmm... I like the idea of you doing this, but why stick with Arcadia?

Because I want to (though I refer to it as "The Arcadium" in the story).

Besides, it's not like Omega will be there.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

08-05-2005 11:34 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, I thought you were trying to go for more originality in your story, so I was just wondering. Immediately if gives off an impression to anyone on this forum or anyone who's played MMZ... So if it's not filled with robots with one red eye, the feeling of "That's not Arcadia" sinks in and gives the reader conflicting views. And if it is filled with robots like that... well...

>_>

Just saying. I'm sure it'll be good anyway. You've pumped out some nice stuff before. But usually when I try to do something more finalized I'm a whore about "Could this be published when I'm done?" And if it has any signs of fanfic in it then the answer is a fat "no" and I rethink it.

I am in a talkative writing mood at the moment, so don't mind me too much... Waiting for a sample.

08-05-2005 11:35 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well excuse me for thinking you'd use their names or a sembiance of their properties Mav. Drop the attitude.

Oh, before I forget... You may want to look up what a 'monad' is before you use the term 'Monad Mandala'.
08-05-2005 11:56 AMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Gate
Well excuse me for thinking you'd use their names or a sembiance of their properties Mav. Drop the attitude.

Oh, before I forget... You may want to look up what a 'monad' is before you use the term 'Monad Mandala'.

Excuse me for being my normal crazy self. Drop the seriousness blue--er... Purple boy. >.>;

And I only planned on calling it the "Mondala," but inevitably I would hav elooked it up anyway. >.>;

Quote:
Well, I thought you were trying to go for more originality in your story, so I was just wondering. Immediately if gives off an impression to anyone on this forum or anyone who's played MMZ... So if it's not filled with robots with one red eye, the feeling of "That's not Arcadia" sinks in and gives the reader conflicting views. And if it is filled with robots like that... well...

>_>

Just saying. I'm sure it'll be good anyway. You've pumped out some nice stuff before. But usually when I try to do something more finalized I'm a whore about "Could this be published when I'm done?" And if it has any signs of fanfic in it then the answer is a fat "no" and I rethink it.

The only similarity I was gonna have between Arcadia and The Arcadium (aside from teh names, obviously) would be that they're both floating.

Though I'm fairly sure Arcadia is one floating thing, the Arcadium is not (the name itself came from me wondering what the plural of 'Arcadia' would be). That and it allows me to add the element of mockery to the AA calling their anti-arcadian group 'Elysium' and the group in Madrid that Cappal is from calling their own group 'the Etherium'.

So yeah.

(I was thinking of having there be no robots of any kind--my excuse would be they were either wiped out in 2250 with everyone else or Humans learned enough from Science Fiction to just not make them)

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:

08-05-2005 12:07 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ummm...

Arcadium implies the singular and Arcadia the plural.

Example:
Datum, singular
Data, plural

Just so you know. Latin plurals often throw people off, simply because we rarely ever use the singular form and we actually see the plural as a singular thing.

Wink

Oh, and good call on the robots.

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Edger: 08-05-2005 12:07 PM.

08-05-2005 12:17 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'd go with the wipeout myself. I mean, we're moving towards robots in the year 2005...

Just so you know, the Monad is a theoretical atom of the mind/soul. Hence the 'Monad Mandala' is a symbol of the building blocks of the mind/soul (guess who?).

Speaking of souls... What're you gonna do for Archetypes? (It's a valid Jungian term, I just stuck it on myself).
08-05-2005 12:18 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Ummm...

Arcadium implies the singular and Arcadia the plural.

Example:
Datum, singular
Data, plural

Just so you know. Latin plurals often throw people off, simply because we rarely ever use the singular form and we actually see the plural as a singular thing.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaah fuck you! =P

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:

08-05-2005 12:22 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Huh? If he calls it 'The Arcadium' it actually makes a lot of sense...

You could always call it "The Aeternus Arcadium', which, as you might imagine, translates to 'The Eternal Paradise'.
08-05-2005 12:33 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Eh... I don't think Ittou is that arrogant. LOL

Still, that is a good idea though. >.>;

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:

08-05-2005 2:00 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lets make a Timeline!

Cha! Cha! Cha-cha-cha!
(Now where did I put that piece of paper where i worked out all the years....)

(the Timeline is done in Earth-Years, and assumes that the Earth-Year 2000AD is also the 17 billionth Earth-Year in the time of God's Multiverse

I know I should use light years, but fuck you. Light speed changes between different timelines of the Multiverse in this, so just... Fuck you.)

A really, really fuckin' long time ago (like, almost infinitely many years)-
The Radiance, in its ever-present state outside of time (for the Emptiness was a 3D space, and thus timeless), created the Ultraverse (I feel like I have to make up a new name for this, but right now I"ll just keep it simple), a set area of space within the infinite Emptiness, wherein time was an infinite line, not a dimensionless dot.

A really fuckin' long time ago (some 2 Trillion Earth-Years after the Ultraverse was created)-
The Mother and the Father are made, and this part proceeds normally. Father is killed, Twin Universe is destroyed, the Mother runs off and becomes the 'Scribe of the Children of the Radiance.'

About... 50 Trillion Earth-Years ago-
The Radiance creates The Riven, who goes on to create his Universe (I should specify here that before God, none of the "Multiversals" had the ability to create time-dimensions greater than 1).

About 40 Trillion Earth-Years ago-
Xair urz Tham is born on the planet of Antioch--the son of the Chaos God Thamasa and an Elven woman (I'm still working on what the "Xairurian" word for their equivalent of the Elves would be), Thamasa being one of the first sons of the Great God of Demons and Darkness, Daemonuri.

About 39 Trillion, 999 Billion, 999 Million, 999 Thousand, 920 Earth-Years ago-
Xair, in wandering the desert and forest, uncivilized expanses of Antioch, after leaving when Mokk'l urz Riven took over the planet's main kingdom, runs across a cave that goes down deeeeeep into the bedrock of the planet. Here, he finds the Ragnarok, a weapon forged early in the Universe's life by the God of Darkness, Daemonuri, and the God of Light, The Mother (*). Taking the sword, he proceeds to kick Mokk'l's ass and seals Mokk'l within the blade.

* I should point out that with how I'm working the Radiance and his kids, The Mother is actually weaker than The Riven, being that The MOther is a first-generation Child of the Radiance, and the Riven is around a 5th. The Children get a lot stronger each new generation, though allt eh children from the same generation are of equal strength.
In Judgment, The Riven is the last of the 5th Generation, and of them there are only 3, as the Child born immediately after the Riven is, of course, God.

About 20 Trillion Earth-Years ago-
Mokk'l, after biding his time in the Ragnarok, and after Xair's exposure to the blade and other things has ascended him from half-god status to Full God status, Mokk'l invades Xair's mind, polluting it and driving the God mad. Xair proceeds to kill and absorb every single God alive in the Riven's universe at the time, eventually stopped by the Mother. The only gods left are Daemonuri, The Mother, and of course, The Riven. Mokk'l is fully forced into the sword, though a small piece of him is saved at the back of Xair's mind...

About 17 Billion Earth Years ago (big jump, eh? Universes last a looooong time here)-
The Riven's Universe comes to a close, as its Death Day comes, the Radiance appearing before its Child for the first time since it made him. The Radiance has decided that its 3 5th generation children pose too much of a threat, and seeks to wipe them out collectively. The Mother, still hiding with The Riven, takes cover within Xair, as does Daemonuri. The Riven places a small piece of himself within the sleeping God as well. The Riven and his breathren are summarily killed.

The Radiance, completely drunk with the excess power flowing through it after killing and taking in its 3 Chrildren, creates... God. A Child with proportionally the powers of an 8th Generation Child of the Radiance, God acts quickly--all of the Children of the Radiance still alive (and there's quite abit--most of the 4th and about a third of the 3rd are still around) are called to him, and these infinite beings become One. God then uses his Radiance-level powers, and constructs for himself a Focus; a weapon with whcih to strike down its Creator. A weapon known now as The All.

The Radiance is struck asunder with one strike of The All, and his power is summarily weakened heavily. The All, releasing energy from its single strike, releases... A Seed. This seed strikes the surface of the Ultraverse, and instantly sprouts--the Multiverse. God falls onto his throne, and, feeling drained from his acts of creating The All and summarily using it, creates a new being--The Ring of Judgment, which is gifted with the power of God. God then falls asleep... and THe All falls from his fingers, into the Void that exists in his creation.

The Ring acts with its powers, and creates two beings--a being of Light, a being of Power; and a being of Darkness, a being of Will. One of their forms are the angelic brothers--the original Archangels, Michael and Lucifer. The being of Light, gifted with Power, thus causes an explosion.... An expansion of being, an ultraspherical expansion of Space and Time, the creation of a new, 6-Dimensional continuum within the Void of God's Creation. A Multiverse. Then, the being of Darkness takes the raw stuff of this Multiverse, and crafts it into being. Taking an idea from his great aunts and uncles before him, he creates, firstly, Souls; collections of pure power so great, that they actually attain conciousness on their own. He then takes more stuff of the Multiverse, and crafts it into Galaxies, and Stars, and Planets, and Gods. The being of Darkness then retreats from its ultimate craft, and takes on a role akin to a watcher. The being of Light, however, takes an active role in the life of its child, and leads it--teaches it.

It is here that Xair enters, having been granted entrance to the Multiverse by the Ring. Here, he sees that he is the oldest of beings, and is the first being to exist in the Multiverse with a soul.

Life goes on...

The earth-year 2250 (500 years ago)-
Something happens. in an act of inexplicable Genocide, more then seven eighths of the world's population is killed, plagues and explosions and toher such devestating acts going off across the world simultaneously.

The remaining population (some 2 billion people) band together, led by a single man. He instructs them, teaches them, and they building the first of many--a floating city, big enough, at the time, to hold 90% of the 2 billion people.

As you might imagine, that last 10% isn't very happy.

Splitting into two groups, 7 of that last 10% retreat back to one of the few still-living places on Earth--paradoxically, New York City. They will become the American Alliance.

The other 3% instead make their home, building it underneath the rubble of Madrid. These people will become known as the Etherium.

The man who led the Earth to create the Arcadium--the floating, connected city-states--becomes known as the Arcadian, and decides to rule from the shadows, becoming but a myth to the people of his supercountry.

Life goes on.

The Earth-Year 2751 (the present day)-
Now, the Arcadium has existed as a second utopia of mankind for more than 500 years. In its entirety, it could completely cover the surface of the northern Atlantic Ocean, were it to land there. The massive connected cities currently float around the Earth, generally around the Equator or a bit south of it.

The "World Below," however, has decayed heavily. Only a few places are habitable--the North-Eastern seaboard of the former United States (as it has been heated and protected for 500 years), the Southernmost parts of Spain and parts of Madrid (Madrid for the same reason as the North-East US), parts of Sicily and Italy, parts of North SURPRISE, COCKFAGS!, and perhaps some of South America and the Southern US.

The Arcadium still represents more than 90% of the Earth's people. The Arcadium's population numbers at some 13 billion people. The American alliance is now about 7.1% of the Earth's population, numbering at about 1 billion people (as you might have imagined, humans have by now mastered space, and as a result can fit tons of people into small areas, but still have them all live more comfortably than more humans in our time). The Etherium is that remaining 2.9%, some 400 million people. They have the worst conditions, being forced to survive without technology. As a result, however, they also have the highest percentage (not highest amount--highest percentage) of magick users, but do have the highest amount of well-trained magick users as well. Thus the magicians and high-level military officers (as the Etherium is a military complex) tend to live in comfortable conditions.

It is now that things come full circle. Now, that the American Alliance sees results on their coverts experiments--on Project code-name "Elysion." Now, that the Arcadian reveals himself to the world.

Now, that a red-haired psychic warrior finds, embedded in the glaciers covering England, a massive, black Cathedral...

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:

08-05-2005 2:42 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Aw. No Archetypes?
08-05-2005 3:22 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Google

Go monad!!!

Anyway... Fuck YOU, lol!

BTW... A light year also changes depending on what medium the light is traveling through. Are you going with the speed of light on Earth, or the speed of light in an absolute vacuum?

Also... Overpopulation is not an issue of space, but food and resources. It would be better in your timeline to note they've mastered world hunger than space, seeing as how 6 billion people could fit in Texas(not comfortably, though.) In fact... you could fit all 6.5 billion people in Texas and each would get a 33 x 33 foot area, (about 1100 sq. ft)

Consider Alaska is 2.3 times as large as Texas...

You could fit 13 Billion people in Alaska with 1300 sq. feet, about 36 x 36 feet a person.

Just letting you know. You can care or not,, but I find it fun and did the figures for your benefit as much as mine. If you do or don't use them, I know I will eventually.

08-05-2005 3:46 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm not GOING with speed of light. LOL
But if I did I'd use it in a vacuum (though as I said this would vary between timelines anyway so I'm not using it, and yes I know Earth-Years would vary by timelines as well, I don'tr eally care. Easier this way).
Actually, now that I think about it, using light-years wouldn't make sense since a light-year is a measure of distance based off of an earth-year. >.>;

I probably won't use your figures (though they do help in that they tell me that my estimation of The Arcadium being able to cover the North Atlantic is actually a pretty liberal estimate, and not the other way around), because I was using teh space example to show how they've managed to circumvent some... Laws of physics. Hehe.

Though by that note hunger wouldn't be a problem either, so yeah.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:

08-05-2005 6:52 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yay American Alliance!

This has got me thinking about doing some writing of my own. Of course, nothing I write is what I'd consider good, so...
08-10-2005 12:04 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Maybe this is really obvious, or maybe its explained in the story... But how is that first bit related to the second bit at all?

Otherwise, you know, I'll be very happy to read it when its done.

Everybody here writes better than me...

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Old Gabén: 08-10-2005 12:05 AM.

08-23-2005 6:51 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There're three big plot points that link Judgment: Blue to Judgment: Red (which I'm not posting here 'cause in my mind they're spoiler-level story material, not that any of you care; that and you'll see when I finish the chapter summaries). This is aside from the fact that Blue's main character (Ittou) lives through the huge genocide that causes the conditions that exist in Cappal's world, with The Arcadium and such.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:

09-24-2005 6:54 PMKrash is offline Send an Email to Krash Search for Posts by Krash Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Mav, I hate you.

That is all.

But seriousky, I wish I would have seen this eariler (note self: attention is key) because it looks awesome. =D You've inspired to get my act together on my planned work, Utopia Flawed: When Angels Die (or Cry, I dunno yet), which is a combination of two different story ideas I had before but I stopped because of laziness (and terrible writing, but we don't talk about that >_> <_<).

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Judgment - Planning