What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Thoughts on war» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Thoughts on war
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
10-22-2009 5:58 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Think-tanks are generally just ideologically motivated rich dudes with senators sucking them off politically.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

12-08-2009 10:22 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I wasn't inferring that animals didn't fight, but that their fighting seemed to be for much simpler reasons, and is on a much smaller scale.

I even stated an example of animal conflict in the OP.

12-08-2009 12:22 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Even trees fight. And form a union to demand equal rights.
12-08-2009 8:23 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
I wasn't inferring that animals didn't fight, but that their fighting seemed to be for much simpler reasons, and is on a much smaller scale.

WE TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL, BEEYATCH.
12-08-2009 10:53 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

WAR FOR OIL
08-13-2016 2:01 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Master Asia:
Even trees fight. And form a union to demand equal rights.

Dunno if Isao was joking but he's actually right

Trees kill other trees by growing taller faster and taking all the light

Some plants exude chemicals to deter/kill other plants from getting near them

And Sharp is right about animals at war. Chimpanzees live in social groups and there's been tons of studies. At some points the chimps will essentially be all "man, Frank is SUCH A FUCKING ASSHOLE! I hate him and his entire GOD DAMNED FAMILY! LET'S GO TO WAR!" and they run over there, killing Frank and symbolically ripping his balls off. They then will (usually) kill all the children and take the women.

Sounds familiar

Descartes: An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?

08-13-2016 2:08 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Nature, red in tooth and claw.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

08-13-2016 6:04 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Just made me think... Another thing that's been in my head lately. If other animals don't do it, why do we?

That's just a facile thought. People tell themselves this, but it's absolutely bullshit. A delusion so they can sleep soundly. It's utterly incorrect if you look at nature, it's utterly incorrect if you look at history.

You're smarter than this, you can acknowledge reality. And reality sucks most of the time.

World peace? No such thing, that concept is a joke with no punchline.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-13-2016 8:27 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
If other animals don't do it, why do we?

Love is a battlefield.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-13-2016 9:01 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I call the flamethrower AND the napalm

Descartes: An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?

08-13-2016 9:10 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I call the portable railgun.
08-13-2016 9:16 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Can I be commanding the artillery

Quote by Alizarin:

08-13-2016 9:25 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Of course. *pats his head*

08-13-2016 9:36 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

GUNNER, TAKE COMMAND OF YOUR PIECE.

(Wait that's the command right, where you just go "load and fire at will"..I kind of hated being a corporal in reenacting and just wanted to work the gun. Not comfortable giving orders.)

Quote by Alizarin:

08-20-2016 9:58 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I like all kinds of wars.

Even Storage Wars.

...I can't quote Fat Hiddles right.
09-30-2017 11:54 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Windom Earle:
Quote:
If other animals don't do it, why do we?

Love is a battlefield.

This "animals do it!!!!111" nonsense is the FUCKING WORST

Mallard ducks have EVOLVED to RAEP. That is how they breed, through RAEP. So we should condone RAEP since ducks do it?

Yes yes the Gay penguins are cute or whatever but stop using them as "proof" homosexuality is "natural" cause then we'll have to say RAEP, inter-species sex, and necrophilia is "natural"

09-30-2017 5:24 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't know if anybody is necessarily condoning war. Just kind of rolling their eyes at the "mankind is the worst for engaging in struggle over resources or land" as if this isn't...sort of what was once refereed to as "the state of nature" (aka nasty, brutish, and short)

edit: Of course this turned into "Time for me to scream at the transcendentalists".

Quote by Alizarin:

10-08-2017 11:55 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Dolphins are monsters. RAEP, murder, etc.

10-08-2017 6:54 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, Dolphins are sorta...You know how some people have a problem eating canned tuna because of the bycatch of dolphins?

That's not a problem for me. I know how flipper acts and I'm higher on the food chain.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Thoughts on war