What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Inquiring minds want to know who the bleeding fuck I am» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (8): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Inquiring minds want to know who the bleeding fuck I am
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
03-21-2006 9:52 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Belmont
I still wonder how the tomatoes don't get squished in the mail if it's just one.

That's just gross either way.

Apparently Zola buys crates of them and ships em somehow. Or arranges so tomatoes are bought, boxed, and manually delivered to [as].

She's batshit, regardless.

03-21-2006 9:52 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh, it's Zola. That's explains a lot.
03-21-2006 9:55 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Belmont
Oh, it's Zola. That's explains a lot.

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE TO ANYONE WONDERING:

She's a crazy old cat lady who runs SBO and runs the fairly lackluster campaign to get a season 3 of Big O(it consists mostly of alot of sending stuff). She practices Wicca, has some sort of joint degenerative disease, and is generally bitchy over IM.

03-21-2006 10:05 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This is reminding me why I never really talk to anyone from there outside the context of the forum itself.

And even on the forum, if I can avoid something close to direct conversation, I try to.

Quote:
Or arranges so tomatoes are bought, boxed, and manually delivered to [as].

So basically...Williams Street studios is littered with boxes of produce.

This is the only time I'll ever say this. But all of a sudden an internet petition almost seems more viable than something.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Enclave Agent: 03-21-2006 10:56 PM.

03-21-2006 10:10 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Alces
I rather enjoy the AA theme.

^_^

03-22-2006 5:20 AMGaddes is offline Send an Email to Gaddes Search for Posts by Gaddes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
fairly lackluster campaign to get a season 3 of Big O

After four years, you would think they would learn. I tried telling them in the most recent Save Big O related thread, yet they tell me that "There's a small chance". Then they have those "OMFG let's flood williams street with tons-o- letters!!111"

Quote:
I still wonder how the tomatoes don't get squished in the mail if it's just one.

If I remember correctly, she said she wanted to deliver them in a dump truck or something along those lines.

Quote:
So basically...Williams Street studios is littered with boxes of produce.

It's funny even though they talk about how it will get them noticed, they have yet to send them. Oh and they are sending Shamrocks next haha. Oh and yes I do stop by to see what they are planning next, it's always good for a laugh.

03-22-2006 9:02 AMKrash is offline Send an Email to Krash Search for Posts by Krash Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Maverick
Schattenmantel FTW.

Schattenmantel's alright. It's my second favorite.

03-22-2006 3:47 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
If I remember correctly, she said she wanted to deliver them in a dump truck or something along those lines

This is either just the sad kind of delusional, or the kind where you want to set up a lawn chair and watch it become a train wreck.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

03-22-2006 4:03 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It'd be damn awesome if all their scheming worked, but... its not going to work XD. Oh well, I've done my part... I own every episode on DVD, so...

03-22-2006 5:02 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think I still have Season 1, though I can never fucking find it.

I own all of Season 2 on seperate DVD's, all of which have some flaw or another.

That and my sole Trigun DVD are the extent of my anime collection.

03-22-2006 5:52 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
It'd be damn awesome if all their scheming worked

If it keeps them too busy to vote in actual elections, I'm all for it.

....Oh hell, did I say that or just think it.

Quote by Alizarin:

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Enclave Agent: 03-22-2006 5:53 PM.

03-22-2006 5:54 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You said AND thought it. Correctly I might add...

Those guys would endorse moveon.org.
03-22-2006 5:57 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh god not Wicca.

X your board is tainted with the mention of Wicca. Frown

David Lee Roth: Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm continually astonished by the choices other people make.

03-22-2006 6:24 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bah.

I have determined that Wicca is the religion for people who aren't sure what their religion should be, but damn it if it's Christianity, as it is EBIL.
03-22-2006 6:27 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And really, really nutty people that will fight you if you say Wicca is for nutty people.

At least... that's how it is around here...

03-22-2006 6:29 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's mainly for people who just don't like Christianity for some reason or another, but need to subscribe to some, er, 'non-oppressive' religion.
03-22-2006 6:33 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
I have determined that Wicca is the religion for people who aren't sure what their religion should be.

It was arguably "founded" (or really only became widely discussed) in the '50s by a British civil servant who claimed to be some initiate in a previously secret group. Being as there was actually a law on the books in England, which hadn't been repealed until then, barring the practice of witchcraft in England. One of those fun old laws, yeah.

I've always thought half of it was just cobbled together from various polytheistic beliefs, and the other half was just completely made up to fill in gaps.

So yeah its a joke, basically. They've also ruined Salem Masachusetts to a large degree (which is really a beautiful town, with a couple of wonderful museums being as it was a major base of operations for the East Indies Trade..yeah nobody ever harps on THAT though).

Also, I hate when people mention burning at the stake in the context of the Salem trials. That didn't happen over here. Witchcraft was a crime against the state, since the church and British state were intertwined. The manner of exeuction in a case like that was hanging, save for one guy who was pressed to death (which was more to extract a confession, but he sort of told them to shove it and throw more weight on his torso)

That whole "burning times" thing refers to Germany and a couple of other European nations.

Quote:
It's been around much longer. Hell, Christianity stole a shitload from it.

No it hasn't. Until 1954 or so there was no "wicca". There was a word "wica", but no religion uniformly called "wicca".

As for the second part..yes and no. Christmas came from the Winter Solstice. Parts of Easter come from...some fertility deal, I don't know. Then theres some other stuff, but I guess those would be the biggest examples.

Quote by Alizarin:

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Enclave Agent: 03-22-2006 6:42 PM.

03-22-2006 6:33 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I give Wicca more credibility than Christianity. It's been around much longer. Hell, Christianity stole a shitload from it.

Even then, I don't buy it. Does make for some interesting story ideas, though.

03-22-2006 6:41 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...Wicca has NOT been around longer than Christianity. Not by a long shot. And if you get to call infant forms of it, then I can simply bring in Judaism and thus autowin the age argument.
03-22-2006 6:41 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I use the default skin for this board. 8)

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

Pages (8): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Inquiring minds want to know who the bleeding fuck I am