What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » RP Crap» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page RP Crap
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
03-29-2006 5:32 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((You're not allowed to pull that with the sniper rounds... If they had special speed you need to say it on the attack turn or give some implied special ability. I forbid correction except on mentioning none connected.))
03-29-2006 6:13 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((They're energy beams fired from a sniper rifle, mate. I thought it was implied that they were fast.))
03-29-2006 6:21 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((I'd point out that blasters in Star Wars, which is what that gun is named after, are not exactly lightning quick.))
03-29-2006 6:24 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Blasters aren't sniper weapons. The gun is named after HK because of its vast capacity for violence against meatbags.))
03-29-2006 6:27 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((The point is that energy weapons are not necessarily OMG SUPER FAST. Then I get to point out that I started the dodge before the projectile even started to fly.

So yeah. That ain't hitting.))
03-29-2006 6:30 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((That's not the point at all. Sniper weapons by their nature need to be fast and accurate. You can't seriousky have expected sniper rounds to travel with the speed of a buster shot or something.))
03-29-2006 6:35 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((The problem is the same thing as with Edger... You need to SAY these things. On the initial attack post. You cannot leave it out, because if you do I have the liberty to assume I can dodge it. You can't say it in a subsequent post unless there was a clearly implicated power.

You can't just change an attack after you fired it on a previous post unless it has a special provision. If you do, that's called backposting, and is very, VERY, VERY illegal.))
03-29-2006 6:37 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((So you don't think sniper rounds being fast is a clearly implicated trait?))
03-29-2006 6:38 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Mal wins on logic alone.))

03-29-2006 6:41 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((I doubted it was moving at supersonic speed...

Besides, if this DOES happen, we have an interesting dilemma.

HOW THE FUCK DID MALPHAS AND PHANTOM DODGE THE REMAINDER!?))
03-29-2006 6:47 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((They don't, Mr Capslock.

Nucleos just isn't fast enough to get himself out of the way and yank the other two into the line of fire at the same time.))
03-29-2006 6:50 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Er... He never did yank them into the line of fire.

They were right in front of him. We know this because Phantom slashed at his chest and Malphas got Ice Snapped.

Meaning they get decked just because he dodged.))
03-29-2006 6:52 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Good logic - I misjudged their position.))
03-29-2006 6:54 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((So yeah... You basically owned your own team, because if those shots do damage to Nucleos who tried to dodge before they were even fired, what are they going to do to a paralyzed Malphas and a stealth unit like Phantom?))
03-29-2006 6:56 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Pretty much ownage.

I'm glad you understand now what the HK is capable of.))
03-29-2006 7:04 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((I played the game thanks.

Anyhow, so what'll it be? They're slow enough to dodge, or you autokill your own character and Phantom? At their very least they've got one hell of a chest cavity.))
03-29-2006 7:09 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((It's a clean cut, though.

And since Nucleos could feel the targeting, I said this was pretty much Phantom's cue to drop the fuck down, so at the very least I get away with that.))

03-29-2006 7:11 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((He's not psychic. The only way you'd know something was up was when Nucleos shot a blast at the wall and started moving. Try dropping then and you'd be pwned by headshot.))
03-29-2006 7:19 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Psychic is not required when the fucker infront of you has proven "movement=something's getting thrown at you". And I think Mal needs to specify where the snipers were aiming.))

03-29-2006 7:21 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((That'd work, except his fist wasn't exactly aimed at Phantom. So that makes no sense.

You had Phantom dodge on the basis that Nucleos was dodging. Which means there's no way you can evade the oncoming attacks.

It basically comes down to if Nucleos gets decked despite dodging before the attacks even go off, Malphas and Phantom get hit since their dodges botch too. There's just no way around it if the shots are that fast. Mal already admitted it.))
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » RP Crap