What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Soviet Union appreciation thread» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Soviet Union appreciation thread
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-28-2006 7:30 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Seriousky. I'm not doing this ironic "lol marxism=cool, I wear a che shirt" thing.

I HATE commuism, I'm a capitalist pig....Yet every day, I yearn for the days of the cold war. My birthday (December 30th) is bittersweet because on that day in 1922 the Soviet Union was declared.

If I hate communism so much, why do I love the soviets? Heres why.

-Their national anthem kicked so much ass it's not even funny. Go listen to it, and try to tell me you didn't begin yelling 'hell yes' halfway through

-They had panache. That concept is sorely lacking in the world today. The Red Army? The KGB? All awesome. Hell theres a Mosin-Nagant in my house, just looking at it makes me want to weep at how bitching it is.

-They killed alot of Nazis. I mean ALOT. Tons and tons of whermacht either froze to death, or fell to the muzzle of a mosin-nagant. They fucked up a ton of soldiers fighting for the third reich.

-Their leaders were cool. I mean aside from Stalin...Kruzchev said stuff like "tonight the world sleeps under a soviet moon" when sputnik was launched. And one time he threatened to "bury" everyone else...then in another speech he BANGED THE PODIUM WITH HIS FUCKING SHOE. Nobody does that anymore

-Mutually assured destruction is a glorious concept. We (the west) didn't want to die, and neither did the soviets. We both just sat there. Sure we could exterminate everyone, but nobody really wanted to.

-Afghanistan. If we hadn't orchestrated that incredibly awesome CIA operation where we armed the Afghanis, the Soviets would have steamrolled them. They were mowing them down in droves with the Hind gunships. Hell, as far as I'm concerned we should have helped the Soviets kill every psychopath in that country who opposed the might that was the Red army.

-Everyone knew their place. A number of nations we have now didn't even EXIST. They were just part of the soviet union. And France? Alot of people hate France now, you know why we didn't hear much about them prior to the fall of the soviets? Because they were just another nation on the side of the west. It's called a power vacuum, and it occured when the soviets fell. Back when they existed, you either sided with us or the soviets. A middle ground didn't really exist.

-I got screwed BIGTIME. I was born in '86, which was the tail end of the soviet union and the accompanying cold war. I'm completely fucked, because I have to live in the ensuing power vacuum, and deal with the psychopathic fanatics which suceeded the Soviets as a threat to stability...all of you are also in the same boat, so yeah. We all got screwed.

-Mikhail Kalashnikov can still kick your ass. Not only did he invent the AK-47, but he's still alive and theres a brand of vodka named after him.

So yes. In this thread you either call me crazy, or go "Yeah sharpy is right, I sort of miss the cold war".

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Enclave Agent: 04-28-2006 7:33 PM.

04-28-2006 8:20 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hammer and Sickle > Swastika

04-28-2006 9:49 PMKrash is offline Send an Email to Krash Search for Posts by Krash Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Soviets had a pretty sweet emblem. I'll give you that.

I had a commie fling for a while. Well, less of a commie fling, than I was really interested in it. Any system that places that much trust in the human nature really needs to be examined closely.

And Marxism, in and of itself, is pretty cool. Stalinistic Communism-Marxism isn't as much.

Still Marxism isn't as cool as, say, a rollercoaster. There's some fun time.

04-28-2006 10:04 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
And Marxism, in and of itself, is pretty cool. .

It's a cute theory, I'll admit that much.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

04-28-2006 11:07 PMfnord is offline Send an Email to fnord Search for Posts by fnord Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Their national anthem makes me want to kick some ass.

The USSR might be dead, but she will always live on in our hearts.

04-29-2006 9:33 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I love the Soviet Union, because it made America look damn good.
04-29-2006 2:56 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Their guns are monsters. I love shooting a Mosin Nagant and you can run a AK through the mud on a rainy day and it will still blow you apart in five different catagories of pain.
04-29-2006 3:29 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
I love shooting a Mosin Nagant

I still have yet to live-fire that Frown

Quote by Alizarin:

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Enclave Agent: 04-29-2006 3:30 PM.

04-29-2006 5:32 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You need to,its a experience you'll enjoy immensely. I love shooting old bolt actions and that Mosin does not dissapoint.
06-21-2006 6:57 PMRentCavalier is offline Send an Email to RentCavalier Homepage of RentCavalier Search for Posts by RentCavalier Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Glory to the Motherland?
09-15-2012 3:35 PMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

this thread is amusing.

Quote by X:
I THINK YOU SHOULD SHUT THE FUCK UP; ERGO, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

PS: YOU ARE STUPID FOR SAYING THE THING THAT YOU SHOULD SHUT UP ABOUT.

09-15-2012 4:23 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

hooray?

Quote by Alizarin:

09-15-2012 5:02 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
in another speech he BANGED THE PODIUM WITH HIS FUCKING SHOE. Nobody does that anymore

I lol'd hard at this

Dan Quayle: The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

09-15-2012 5:05 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think this was the "we will bury you" speech (which was later claimed to be "metaphoric") so its even better because nothing drives that home like smashing your shoe against stuff

Quote by Alizarin:

04-03-2016 10:04 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Russians seem to like the shit out of me. It's awesome

Also it's fucking Laughing Out Loud when Alec is really drunk and his russian accent comingles with his american one and every sentence is a mess

Dan Quayle: The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

04-03-2016 10:20 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Queen Bitch:
Russians seem to like the shit out of me. It's awesome

Also it's fucking Laughing Out Loud when Alec is really drunk and his russian accent comingles with his american one and every sentence is a mess

Well it's clear what needs to happen.

...We should go to Russia (I always wanted to see saint petersburg again anyway, beautiful city)

Quote by Alizarin:

04-03-2016 10:22 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

DUDE.

I always tell Alec that Putin seems like a swell dude I wouldn't mind hanging out with

(:lol:)

But yes, lets go to Russia. Once I get a job and money, we are seriousky going

DON'T SAY SHIT YOU CAN'T TAKE BACK

04-03-2016 10:45 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Queen Bitch:
DUDE.

I always tell Alec that Putin seems like a swell dude I wouldn't mind hanging out with

You'd love the cathedrals and hermitage probably.

Quote by Alizarin:

04-03-2016 10:49 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bill Cipher:
Quote by Queen Bitch:
DUDE.

You'd love the cathedrals and hermitage probably.

oh my god cathedrals

yessssssssssssssss

04-04-2016 6:02 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

lmao alec said to go to petersburg...guess sharp was right if the actual russian says that's where to go

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Soviet Union appreciation thread