What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Adult Swim is kind of a worthless programming block» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (7): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Adult Swim is kind of a worthless programming block
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
05-30-2006 3:30 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Skippy
Venture Bros. rules over all. It is one of the few cartoons were I've laughed almost the entire time.

"Hey, guess what!?! Nobody cares who would win in a crazy fantasy fist-fight between Anne Frank and Lizzy Borden!"

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

05-30-2006 3:35 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

..I don't even want to know what that show is about

Necro: holy SHIT, sharp was on ritalin? that explains alot

05-30-2006 3:42 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That episode was also a good example of why its different from pretty much all of AS.

Venture brothers episode: Heres a brief sight gag making fun of the star wars kid, but its just one joke and its not hammered into the audience.

Family guy/robot chicken/other Faggotry: LOL STAR WARS KID ISN'T THIS SO WACKY BECAUSE IT'S A THING YOU REMEMBER FROM T.V. OR SOMETHING...PS: 1980S!!!1

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Enclave Agent: 05-30-2006 3:42 PM.

05-30-2006 3:44 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well sorry, they all fail for having any reference to the Star Wars kid. Whatever

05-30-2006 3:54 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Its going to be impossible for them to not have a reference for a while. cause we have star wars in this generation now too.
05-30-2006 3:59 PMfnord is offline Send an Email to fnord Search for Posts by fnord Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Damn you George Lucas, damn you!!!

05-30-2006 4:02 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No no..Star Wars kid reference. Star Wars references are fine. But Star Wars kid is from the internet.

Just like I was fine with Family Guy, until Brian did a rendition of that goddamned "Banana Phone". Then I wanted to maim.

05-30-2006 4:04 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Hollow
No no..Star Wars kid reference. Star Wars references are fine. But Star Wars kid is from the internet.

Just like I was fine with Family Guy, until Brian did a rendition of that goddamned "Banana Phone". Then I wanted to maim.

Peanut butter jelly time actually

Quote by Alizarin:

05-30-2006 4:07 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh whatever the hell it was, I wanted it to die

05-30-2006 8:54 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...I remember that scene.

It was a 'WTF' moment, but then, isn't that what Family Guy is?
05-30-2006 11:26 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It was something from the internet therefore it wasn't funny and therefore it doesn't matter.

05-30-2006 11:44 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

LOL PETER IS SINGING ROCK LOBSTER SO WHACKY

Can seth macfarlene just get a flesh eating bacterial infection already? And he's kind of a stocky guy too, so it'd take a while

Quote by Alizarin:

05-31-2006 12:22 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I didn't mind Seth until I saw pictures of him. Then he reminded me of annoying jerkoff fat guys from grade school that think they're attractive but they're not at all.

05-31-2006 12:37 AMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He reminds me of Vince Vaughn. Minus the whole Jennifer Aniston thing.

05-31-2006 7:25 AMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Fuck, Vince is a lucky man.
06-01-2006 4:39 PMGaddes is offline Send an Email to Gaddes Search for Posts by Gaddes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

AS swim has been bad for along time, unless they show ATHF or 12oz mouse, but for the most part it sucks, even more so since they show Family Guy like 50 times a day.

Quote:
Also why are they making weird marketing deals with rappers

That Danger Doom guy right? I noticed that too.

06-01-2006 9:28 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

..I know why I hate Adult Swim. It reminds me of DC101's morning show "personality" that I loathe. Because he got a deal with a rapper, made him make a rap song about the "fat guy on the show", and then played it..all the time. On a Top 40 rock station.

Plus the guy has the lovable personality of Blaze. Sure you PCF n00bs have no idea what I'm talking about, but yeah.

06-01-2006 10:00 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

ATHF + FUTURAMA FTW!

06-02-2006 1:20 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Quote:
Also why are they making weird marketing deals with rappers

That Danger Doom guy right? I noticed that too.

They'll mention even lesser known ones.

NO I DO NOT WANT TO BUY A CD WHERE YOU SING ABOUT CARTOONS. JUST MAKE MORE EPISODES OF 12 OUNCE MOUSE AND VENTURE BROTHERS.

DO NOTHING ELSE EXCEPT MAKE MORE EPISODES OF THOSE (oh right, and ATHF but..thats kind of a given). NOTHING ELSE..EVER, AT ALL.

Because it always winds up being tom goes to the mayor, and that show is painfully Gay...and I don't mean Gay in the usual derogatory internet sense, I'm using it literally, the trailers are a guy fellating a sandwich.

Quote:
I LIKE Robot Chicken. It has its moments.

It had one moment, or maybe one and a half, in the first episode.

Every subsequent episode is just the random 1980s jokes from family guy, except spanning fifteen minutes. Then the few original sketches (the "bloopers" ones) are fucking atrocious.

Which is really weird, since..the first episode actually made me audibly laugh, which dosen't usually happen when I'm watching t.v. It's usually more this internal "hahahaha". But the show seemed really promising, then went shitty.

edit: And so help me god, if one of you says you love the oblongs, I'm having hollow spam so much my little pony stuff in here that you'll go catatonic. You know I'm prepared to do this.

edit 2:

Quote:
wikipedia wrote
The band Danger Doom (which specializes in making rap songs inspired by Adult Swim shows and is occasionally heavily marketed during Adult Swim bumps) has a song inspired by 12 oz. Mouse entitled "Korn Dogz" from their downloadable EP "Occult Hymn". The song uses audio clips from the episode "Spharktasm", with the line "Corn dogs for the pickin'" being recited by Danger Doom leader singer MF DOOM and 12 oz. Mouse's Corn Dog King in unison repeatedly.

Oh jesus fucking christ STOP IT. STOP IT NOW. STOP IT YOU ARE A RAPPER YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE OBJECTIFYING WOMEN OR TALKING ABOUT KILLING THE POLICE OR WHATEVER IT IS YOU FUCKS DO. STOP MAKING SONGS ABOUT CARTOONS, THAT IS PRETTY Durrrr....

CAPSLOCK.

Quote by Alizarin:

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Enclave Agent: 06-02-2006 1:48 AM.

06-02-2006 10:15 AMfnord is offline Send an Email to fnord Search for Posts by fnord Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Squid Billies. Fucking ew.

Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Adult Swim is kind of a worthless programming block