What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Adult Swim is kind of a worthless programming block» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Adult Swim is kind of a worthless programming block
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-02-2006 11:01 AMGaddes is offline Send an Email to Gaddes Search for Posts by Gaddes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
tom goes to the mayor

It's depressing that they still make episodes of that show. Does ANYONE actually watch that show and like it?

Quote:
STOP IT YOU ARE A RAPPER YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE OBJECTIFYING WOMEN OR TALKING ABOUT KILLING THE POLICE OR WHATEVER IT IS YOU FUCKS DO.

"Bitches be frontin' nigga."

Speaking of Venture Bro's, isn't the first season out on DVD?

06-02-2006 1:05 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Rap sucks anymore anyway. Its hilarious to hear though.

And yes,It is out on DVD..I plan to buy it.
06-02-2006 2:22 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancasaurus Rex
Squid Billies. Fucking ew.

That shows okay, but it was better when they kept hyping the pilot, then just aired perfect hair forever.

But what was even better was the 'panel discussion' afterwords with space ghost.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-02-2006 5:07 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm prepared with the ponies, Sharp.

I used to watch the precursor to Adult Swim all the time..Space Ghost Coast to Coast. I loved that show. >.>

X: One of my favorite things is the bubonic plague.

06-02-2006 5:16 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I said...

FUTURAMA FTW!

06-02-2006 5:53 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bah, Space Ghost Coast to Coast started sucking the second they started making it more 'adult'.
06-02-2006 7:46 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Exactly, hence the reason I said precursor..because obviously Coast to Coast led into Adult Swim.

06-02-2006 8:19 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Gyro Gearloose
Bah, Space Ghost Coast to Coast started sucking the second they started making it more 'adult'.

I'm confused as to exactly what you mean

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

06-02-2006 8:29 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

When they started bleeping out words and shit, like they always did on the Brak Show

06-02-2006 8:30 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

When they had new 'adult swim' eps.
06-02-2006 9:54 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I never found it that noticeable to be honest.

Quote by Alizarin:

06-02-2006 9:58 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The eps just got really Durrrr... after a while.

Yeah okay, I found Tad zapping Zorak to be funny. I was young. We were all young once. I really liked Moltar as well, and the addition of Brak towards the end was great. But then it turned into Adult Swim-esque bullcrap and I stopped watching. Then it died shortly after.

06-02-2006 10:00 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Exactly. Adult Swim ruined Space Ghost.
06-03-2006 12:43 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

At the same time, I'd have no complaints if they began making new episodes and replaced...really..just pick a show at random, with them.

Because even when they were bad...yeah...worse not only happened, it's still being made

Quote by Alizarin:

06-03-2006 1:23 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They better not touch Robot Chicken or Venture Bros.
06-03-2006 2:29 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I love Space Ghost. Do they still show...Sea..something...Sealab? They could put Space Ghost on instead of that.

06-03-2006 2:43 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
They better not touch Robot Chicken

I get taste is subjective, but it completely fucking mystifies me how you like that show, since by all other measures you're generally intelligent.

Seriousky its two steps away from a fifteen minute slideshow of still photographs of games or toys from the late 1980s. The entirety of the humor is pretty much derived from "they remember shit that I remember!", it's like seth macfarlene took the really shit jokes that wound up getting cut from a family guy episode, threw a box full of those script tidbits at seth green and whoever else writes that show, and said "Here, have fun"

Quote:
Do they still show...Sea..something...Sealab? They could put Space Ghost on instead of that.

It's over but they still repeat it.

To add insult to injury, they'll usually air one of the old episodes (with captain murphy) and then one of the newer ones with...whatever the fuck the replacement was called. It really kind of drives home how when harry goz died, they must have buried all the comedy in that show alongside him.

Quote by Alizarin:

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Enclave Agent: 06-03-2006 2:46 PM.

06-03-2006 3:59 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Alot of the newer ones have other stuff than 1980's crap. but I suppose I wouldn't be a very good judge.
06-03-2006 4:02 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, you like Inuyasha.

06-03-2006 4:20 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Quote:
They better not touch Robot Chicken

I get taste is subjective, but it completely fucking mystifies me how you like that show, since by all other measures you're generally intelligent.

Seriousky its two steps away from a fifteen minute slideshow of still photographs of games or toys from the late 1980s. The entirety of the humor is pretty much derived from "they remember shit that I remember!", it's like seth macfarlene took the really shit jokes that wound up getting cut from a family guy episode, threw a box full of those script tidbits at seth green and whoever else writes that show, and said "Here, have fun"

That doesn't apply to me, because I don't recall jack from the 80s.

Maybe I have a morbid fascination with clay. I recall liking Celebrity Deathmatch when I was a kid.
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Adult Swim is kind of a worthless programming block