What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » Encoding changed to UTF-8.» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Encoding changed to UTF-8.
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-19-2006 11:40 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yay, now we can use them fancy pants Greek characters.

I think Japanese glyphs work too now...
06-19-2006 11:43 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Let me try!

[Corrupted Japanese here]

Got no feel, I got no rhythm
I just keep losing my beat (you just keep losing and losing)
I'm OK, I'm alright (he's alright, he's alright)
I ain't gonna face no defeat (yeah yeah)
I just gotta get out of this prison cell
One day (someday) I'm gonna be free, Lord...!

06-19-2006 11:43 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Huh, Ro didn't want to work, odd.

06-19-2006 11:43 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

As you can see it's not perfect. Some characters don't quite work it seems.
06-19-2006 11:44 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well we could use a substitute box for Ro.

06-19-2006 11:47 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I doubt it's the only one that doesn't work.

I could try UTF-16...
06-20-2006 1:27 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Testing to see if this messed with uploads...

EDIT: Huh. It does. Eh, uncritical bug since it only messes up the resizing.
06-20-2006 1:39 AMfnord is offline Send an Email to fnord Search for Posts by fnord Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So... now I can further prove how much of a nerd I am by changing my screen name to greek or japanese? Whoohoo.

*Goes off to babel fish.*

06-20-2006 1:40 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Beware, not all Japanese works.
06-20-2006 1:41 AMfnord is offline Send an Email to fnord Search for Posts by fnord Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'd sooner change it to greek, anyways. =b

06-20-2006 2:08 AMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My Japanese seems to work fine.

Also, some of the special characters in Spanish seem to be broken? Might be worth checking out.
06-20-2006 2:09 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What characters?

UTF-8 likely doesn't have all the spanish or japanese characters.
06-20-2006 2:12 AMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

In my old usertext I had an n with an accent over it - it was replaced with a question mark.
06-20-2006 2:14 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

[bad Japanese here]

Which of these was it?
06-20-2006 2:17 AMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't remember, and I don't think I can go back and check either.
06-20-2006 2:19 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Eh, they work at least so...
06-20-2006 2:19 AMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Fuck me, I was wrong.

Soy Senor Metrosexual

Senor Metrosexual

From the English Mister Metrosexual
06-20-2006 2:23 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

N with tilde. It works, it just must have a different code in UTF-8. Try re entering it?
06-20-2006 2:25 AMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No I'm happy with the Japanese now.
06-20-2006 4:08 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Attachments have been fixed. The developers of the forum made a rather funny oversight.
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » Encoding changed to UTF-8.