What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » Money's emo thread 2» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Money's emo thread 2
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-18-2006 11:50 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This is what's happening:

There's something I want to do. Its awesome, trust me. Except that I can't, because someone is doing everything in this person's power to keep me from it, for... some reason. This person has chosen not to explain himself.

Specifically, this person, I.E. X, has refused to divulge the nature of an attack that he will doubtlessly change in order to keep me from doing what I want to do, has demanded that I divulge my half of things (that would be what I'm doing), refused to shed any light on said attack other than vague whispers that there is sufficient reason for him to be doing what he's doing, and then (and here's me assuming) extracting the necessary knowledge from another player to find some presumably miniscule flaw in my plan in order to keep me from doing it for... seemingly no reason.

This is what I want to happen:

There's something I want to do. Its awesome, trust me. Except that I can't, because I'm not sure on all of the rules. Of course, I can easily ask any one of my fellow RPers for help, not having to dodge the issue and be sneaky in order to try not to be found out and then have my idea or chances destroyed for absolutely no reason. I can ask anything I want, and my fellow RPers will happily answer any questions I have without blatantly refusing me on the grounds of some rule that hasn't been shared with the larger community. All members are treated with respect and dignity, or, if that's in some way confusing to you, conversation follows the basic rules of human interaction, wherein it is necessary to be polite and remain calm, even when dealing with an annoying person that may or may not be bipolar.

So, if that was too hard to read, how about this: I suggest we stop being assholes about every goddamned thing and help each other out, and that X stop hating on Big Money because he wants to stir something up, especially when he's gotten GM approval for his idea and theres no reason at all for it to be blocked or stopped, not that it can or will be, it is inevitable.

Ok, ok, I kid. But really, seriousky, this is really getting to be quite irritating to me, when information necessary to the proper completion of my thread is withheld from me for a reason that has yet to present itself. Perhaps if this reason is brought to light, something can be done about it, but I know that's not how things work around here, so theres an alternative I'm willing to present if everything posted in this thread is 'gtfo fag u suk lol i'm smerter than u.'

08-19-2006 12:06 AMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

stfu Big Money, I know what it is.

08-19-2006 12:09 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If he won't say it publically right now, then fuck him. He's not the GM.

If Damo has a problem with it after you've done it, and without X bitching to him first, then at least you tried.

But the bullshit of "Okay, you tell me all of your plans, and I'll come up with ways to fuck them over" or "Okay, I found out you told someone else so I'm going to weasel it out of them then fuck you over."

It's BS that's gone on waaaaaaay too long on this forum's RPs. And I am by no means claiming I haven't been part of it. (I'm second only to X).

But enough's enough already.

It's probably one of the biggest sources of conflict. Yes, you can be secretive about your plans. What's the point of a surprise if you have to tell everyone first?

But you shouldn't be afraid of writing surprises. And you shouldn't be so worried about the rules that you don't write, or try to get others not to write what they want.

I'd get rid of a lot of the rules we have if it was my choice. Most of them are completely useless. (I'd start with getting rid of the Magic system, and power ratings, and "strength" levels in whatever, and replacing it with an honor system.)

It's really not my choice though. But, it's also not any one person's choice in this RP. If the majority wants some rules changed and it betters things for the majority, then just go with that.

Right now I'm in a long post mood...

So, yeah.

Do what you want, Money. Forget about what anyone else says, and just write it. And if you can get a number of people to disagree with it for CHARACTER REASONS and not RULES, then change it. If it's just rules they have problems with, ignore it.

And, yeah. I even mean it if I or Damo disagrees with it. Unless it's a serious detriment to the RP as a whole, then it should be allowed.

08-19-2006 12:23 AMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hear, hear. Go for it Moneypenny. I look forward to reading it.
08-19-2006 12:35 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, its good to hear that, for the moment, I'm not the outsider here.

I'll continue when its my post again, its D-Boy's right now.

08-19-2006 5:36 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh please.

Damo already told me that what I'm doing is a totally legitimate move and has told me what was taken, as is my right. As a side note, since Cain has in-character knowledge of what was taken, it appears he also has a pretty damn good idea what the plan is, because the file that was stolen is VERY specific and can reasonably only be used for one thing in my book. Meanwhile, you have no in-character power to find out what it was that I did, so it cannot benefit you, and even if you did have that access it's way too late to stop it now.

One thing that the Hunters would kill to prevent. It is entirely within reason for the Hunters to go nuts at you over what was taken.

I have already been given permission by Damo to make in-character moves against it, including a move I've already told him about.

You will follow the rules, and the rule I invoked was not even that obscure: in-character knowledge is the only kind that is usable. You couldn't possibly know what it is that Cain did with Javelin Byte, so I have no reason to tell you because knowing you you'd act as if you knew, judging from your bitching here.
08-19-2006 9:39 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ignore the rules.

Wink

08-19-2006 9:49 AMPedocles is offline Send an Email to Pedocles Search for Posts by Pedocles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

X is right. I saw no reason not to tell him. Besides, I WARNED you of the consequences.

Now you face X's merciless wrath for those who do not learn from past mistakes...

Quote:
In life, be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

08-19-2006 10:25 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I still have no idea what's going on.

08-19-2006 10:49 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by The Real Damo
X is right. I saw no reason not to tell him. Besides, I WARNED you of the consequences.

Now you face X's merciless wrath for those who do not learn from past mistakes...

Wrath? Yes. Merciless? No, since the effect I used for that Javelin Byte is nonlethal.
08-19-2006 10:50 AMPedocles is offline Send an Email to Pedocles Search for Posts by Pedocles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No, I meant later on. LATER will come the lack of mercy.

Quote:

08-19-2006 10:51 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by The Real Damo
No, I meant later on. LATER will come the lack of mercy.

Oh.

Maybe?
08-19-2006 10:52 AMPedocles is offline Send an Email to Pedocles Search for Posts by Pedocles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't think you would skimp out of the merciless wrath, X. You LIVE for wrath.

Quote:

08-19-2006 10:56 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It is indeed so.
08-19-2006 11:47 AMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Damn crackas.

08-19-2006 12:13 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Entirely not my point, at all. Thanks for reading, X, Damo.

So I present my alternative; If you can find me an freeform RP that isn't totally Durrrr..., I'll gtfo your internets.

08-19-2006 12:21 PMPedocles is offline Send an Email to Pedocles Search for Posts by Pedocles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If you want to leave, leave, we won't stop you.

And honestly, I have no idea what you are trying to ask. Try being a little less ambiguous.

But frankly, no matter HOW you try and go about it, X is going to shoot you down. Not neccessarily because he has anyhting against you(this may or may not be true but I'm not one to make assumptions) but because IN CHARACTER, he HAS TO.

Just so you know.

And if you wanted to know anything, you can always just IM me.

Quote:

08-19-2006 12:28 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My point was that it shouldn't happen. We're all shipmates here, folks, and even if X is obligated in-character to act against me, he really shouldn't have to cheat to do it.

Which, as far as I'm concerned, is what he's doing, because he wont tell me the nature of his attack so I can't effectively defend against it. Fuck in character reasons, its fucking stupid not to tell me. I know the difference between in character and out of character knowledge, and what my characters would know or be able to figure out and what the wouldn't.

That and, the way he told me that I screwed up in some miniscule way, refused to let me know about it, and so on and so forth. Same thing as above.

What I'm saying is there really shouldn't be any of this bullshit. And I'm tired of it, dammit, and I'll gladly get out of your hair (since there's a small but loud/powerful minority that want me to leave and never come back. That isn't emo, that's just the truth, and I don't like those folks any more than they like me.) and go and play nice on a much less dysfunctionally run RP.

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Old Gabén: 08-19-2006 12:45 PM.

08-19-2006 12:35 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This minority doesn't want you to leave.

08-19-2006 12:37 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hug

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » Money's emo thread 2