What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » No one fucking cares.txt» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page No one fucking cares.txt
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-21-2006 5:14 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Nice try, but my move.

It's a mistake to think that Vista can process that kind of data...

You botched. Notepad cannot process that kind of file. I get a free turn.))
08-21-2006 5:15 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((It can't. That's the point. It doesn't run the file, at all. But you can access the commands in txt form, which is what I did. You can access any program in txt, its how you hack games if you're old school. Besides, even if that's a botch, there's zero you can do about it, as Dr. Cain cannot possibly run on such an old system.))

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Old Gabén: 08-21-2006 5:16 PM.

08-21-2006 5:17 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((It would crash instantly upon such a case most likely.

Go ahead, try to open a textfile a couple megs long in Notepad. Watch what happens: it'll very likely freeze up. Try to opena picture in notepad. You will get gibberish.

Do you think it will let you process a scan file from 100 years later? No, the OS would freeze at the very least, and it may not be in a language Notepad can parse (see binary for an example). Thus, your move is impossible.))
08-21-2006 5:17 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Yeah, she was using Notepad to read and modify the file, not to actually run it. That's no botch. It's genius.))
08-21-2006 5:19 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((*Sigh*

I know more about software than either of you. The odds of it working are exactly zero.))
08-21-2006 5:20 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((You know, it helps to have an ubar processor attached so it DOESN'T freeze))

08-21-2006 5:24 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Notepad doesn't freeze due to processor limitations. It freezes due toa PROGRAM limitation.))
08-21-2006 5:24 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Vista isn't out yet, that point cannot be proven.

And are you going to do this after every turn? Because that's more than a little obnoxious. ))

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Old Gabén: 08-21-2006 5:24 PM.

08-21-2006 5:46 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((I'm allowed to do it, especially since you made a bullshit post.

And actually there are betas of Vista out.))
08-21-2006 5:47 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Charles
((Vista isn't out yet, that point cannot be proven. ))

08-21-2006 5:54 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Charles
((Vista isn't out yet, that point cannot be proven.

And are you going to do this after every turn? Because that's more than a little obnoxious. ))
08-21-2006 6:16 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((He didn't say what version, so it could be Windows Vista 1000.0 and be more advanced than any of the shit we have now.

It's not a botch.))

08-21-2006 6:19 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((That's a good point, Ed, and well made.

Which basically means X is going to try and mow you down with 'logic'. Please don't let him.))
08-21-2006 6:23 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by LoverBoy
((He didn't say what version, so it could be Windows Vista 1000.0 and be more advanced than any of the shit we have now.

It's not a botch.))

((He called it archaic... not a very likely argument. Especially since MS never pulls version numbers like that, only service packs, and they never introduce a whole new filesystem in any of those to my knowledge.))
08-21-2006 6:27 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((They haven't yet, but they could. And stuff from 10 years ago is archaic... So...?

Edit: Also, I have version 2002 of XP pro. I'm sure there's 2001 and 2000.

But the number was arbitrary, it's the fact that the version was not specified, and his could've come with this uber leet Notepad Wink Which, apparently it did, because it opened up that file just fine. ))

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Edger: 08-21-2006 6:29 PM.

08-21-2006 6:28 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Archaic =/= version number. And never happening before is not the same as can never happen. ))

08-21-2006 6:29 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((
Quote:
Originally posted by Maverick
Blues was created in 2017 or so.

Technology is thus different due to the advanced timeline.

Therefore, your argument, X, is invalid.

I win.))

08-21-2006 6:31 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Uh huh. So you are putting forth the argument that the HunterNet, which may or may not run on a secret government OS, stands a chance of having a filesystem that is readable by an operating system that has been being updated for at least over 90 years.

...Yeah right.

Dynamo: Then the existence of Windows Vista is also highly unlikely I would say. As is Notepad.

Thiat is also 10 years in the future. I don't believe we're altering history before that point.))
08-21-2006 6:32 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((I created the HunterNet via Eel. And you make invalid assumptions.

Again, I win.))

08-21-2006 6:34 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((I deny you. You have no creative control over HunterNet except what I and Mav jointly allow, since we are the ones who created the concept of HunterNet. Since you have not yet stated what filesystem HunterNet runs on in an IC post, nor have explained its workings, I can null you at will by claiming it is inconsistent with the original design.))
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » No one fucking cares.txt