What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » No one fucking cares.txt» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page No one fucking cares.txt
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-21-2006 6:38 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((There is nothing to null. For nothing has been stated, or even shown that its a secret government OS. Surely enough, Syberion would have had a hell of a time operating in it if he had.

There is no indication of any such secrets or proprietary, save that it doesn't do that fragmentary storing shit or else Cain would be quite dead.

Whoops.))

08-21-2006 6:43 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Syberion possessed the awesome power of Force Metal, thus, presuming that even if he had no inside knowledge of the OS, he could defeat its security anyway. It helps to know basic computing principles.

Lastly, there has also never been a transfer from HunterNet to less than modern tech and equally no indication it'd work. Current, real-life computing history demonstrates the unlikelihood that they would work.))
08-21-2006 6:44 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Updated for 90 years?

Wait, I think you fucked up that sentence, X. Really no idea what you're trying to say.

" So you are putting forth the argument that the HunterNet, which may or may not run on a secret government OS, stands a chance of having a filesystem that is readable by an operating system that has been being updated for at least over 90 years."

I think there's supposed to be a negative in there, but it could go in a couple different places. ))

08-21-2006 6:45 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((First, You are playing in a world where blue robots save the world.

Secondly, there is no indication that it WOULDN'T WORK.

Thirdly, again, see the first point.))

08-21-2006 6:48 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by David Xanatos
((I deny you. You have no creative control over HunterNet except what I and Mav jointly allow))

((BZZZT! WRONG!

Quote:
Originally posted by David Xanatos
((I deny you. You have no creative control over HunterNet except what the majority of the RPers allow))

There we go, that's better.

I'm getting sick of people trying to take control of stuff that's meant for any player to use. If it's a "public" thing(which HQ and HunterNet damn well are), then it's not really up to any 1 or 2 people to decide.))

08-21-2006 6:48 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by LoverBoy
((Updated for 90 years?

Wait, I think you fucked up that sentence, X. Really no idea what you're trying to say.

" So you are putting forth the argument that the HunterNet, which may or may not run on a secret government OS, stands a chance of having a filesystem that is readable by an operating system that has been being updated for at least over 90 years."

I think there's supposed to be a negative in there, but it could go in a couple different places. ))

((I'm running with the hypothetical that your argument that Vista has been updated is correct. I.E., ten year old tech is archaic. Thus, -10 years.

Besides... Money has stated that Vista is unable to process the digital avatars of files. Note that HunterNet does. That indicates a fundamental difference in how they read and process files... which most likely makes it either incompatible or utterly unable to be edited without severe corruption.

Besides... Notepad is a plain text processor. I doubt the scan Money pulled was plain text.))
08-21-2006 6:51 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((You have the AUDACITY TO CLAIM infinite-fucking-potential on X and dare try to bring reality into this?

Not only that, you REFUSE to compromise despite it being ridiculous?))

This post has been edited; it was last edited by D: 08-21-2006 6:52 PM.

08-21-2006 6:54 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Virus Dynamo
((You have the AUDACITY TO CLAIM infinite-fucking-potential on X and dare try to bring reality into this?))

((That hardly damages my current argument. X was designed with that explicit ability. I really doubt HunterNet, a military network, was intended to be that far backwards compatible and allow its files to be read by even tech that old... HQ can afford to issue computers.))
08-21-2006 6:55 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((I'm saying that 10 year old stuff is archaic, so it doesn't need to be 100 years to be archaic. It could be anything in between.

And, so you know, I can open Mac-only files in Notepad... So I have no idea what that means!))

08-21-2006 6:56 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by LoverBoy
((I'm saying that 10 year old stuff is archaic, so it doesn't need to be 100 years to be archaic. It could be anything in between.

And, so you know, I can open Mac-only files in Notepad... So I have no idea what that means!))

((What files, if I may ask? I'm not talking file extensions here by the way...))
08-21-2006 6:59 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Some random mac-only file I opened with Notepad from the net.))

08-21-2006 6:59 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Well, it was clearly only a textfile under a different extension if Notepad could open it, and it displayed plain text with no gibberish.))
08-21-2006 7:08 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((I didn't say it wasn't gibberish.))

08-21-2006 7:11 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((...It didn't work too well after saving it either, did it?))
08-21-2006 7:20 PMPedocles is offline Send an Email to Pedocles Search for Posts by Pedocles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

(( Wow. I never thought I'd see the day where X was arguring with half the forum and actually had BASIS for it.

X is right. You CAN NOT just open any file in notepad and view it like that. Most of the time it's un-readable.

It's a botch, plain and simple. ))

Quote:
In life, be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

08-21-2006 7:22 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((In OUR current notepad, there's nothing to say that will change in the next decade.

So, yeah.))

08-21-2006 7:25 PMPedocles is offline Send an Email to Pedocles Search for Posts by Pedocles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Notepad has not changed in like....8 years.))

Quote:
In life, be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

08-21-2006 7:29 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by The Real Damo

((Did you even READ the log I sent you?))

08-21-2006 7:31 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by The Real Damo

((This is not evidence against the point Ed made, only evidence against a point that Notepad has changed in the past 8 years. I do not personally know if that is true or not, but I'd assume it is not, given the differences in other programs, such as paint.

Additionally, in an alternate future, Notepad could feasibly be used for just such a purpose, as a universal editing tool. There is absolutely no evidence that such a thing would be impossible or improbable.))

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Old Gabén: 08-21-2006 7:34 PM.

08-21-2006 7:36 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((The fact that he used names from our reality creatively to make a tie-in doesn't mean everything's the same.

In fact, it could very well be Moneycorp Windows Vista, and not Microsoft Windows Vista.

It doesn't need to be specified, because it's purely imaginary, and he gets to make up what the program can do.

If I have a weapon I can just say "High powered gun with muzzle velocity of 300 MPH" I don't need to explain the entire mechanism of the gun, nor do I need to explain who made it. It just does it, because we say it did.))

Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » No one fucking cares.txt