What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » No one fucking cares.txt» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page No one fucking cares.txt
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-21-2006 7:38 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Thank you, Ed.))

08-21-2006 7:38 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((If he's allowed to make that assumption, then I am equally allowed to make any number of assumptions about HunterNet's filesystem. He only listed one factor, there are multiple to account for.

Besides, what you all describe is a RESOURCE or HEX EDITOR. And I have news for you: they aren't perfect.))
08-21-2006 7:41 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((You know, I bet the ones you've seen and used aren't perfect.

But that has no bearing on the issue at hand.))

08-21-2006 7:45 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by David Xanatos
((If he's allowed to make that assumption, then I am equally allowed to make any number of assumptions about HunterNet's filesystem. He only listed one factor, there are multiple to account for.

Besides, what you all describe is a RESOURCE or HEX EDITOR. And I have news for you: they aren't perfect.))

((The only thing remarkable about HunterNet is that it has seemless sectors and no fragmentation.

Other than that, its a normal system.))

08-21-2006 7:45 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:

((It's no longer an assumption, but a fact. And the fact remains that he's said that this Notepad is able to do what it did, no matter what's going on with HunterNet's files or what Real Earth 2006.))

08-21-2006 7:47 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Except it does. There are legions of issues with a universal editing tool.

Number one. They have no choice but to display everything as Binary... 0s and 1s. That alone is quite nasty.

Number two. To even BEGIN to understand how any given file bgets processed, you have to know the architecture of the processor the file is designed to run or be viewed on.

Number three. You have to know exactly how the file type processes each and every bit. The first four bits could be a header, or maybe something else.

Number four: After all that, you have to edit BILLIONS UPON BULLIONS UPON BILLIONS of individual bits at this point. Make one mistake and everything is fucked up.

So yeah. Screw this.

And Ed? Fuck off. You don't make that call by yourself.))
08-21-2006 7:48 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((This is not you hacking here, this is Dr. Sakara.))

08-21-2006 7:50 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((My points stand regardless, as they are the roadblock to any universal file editor... and since I'm by no means some computer god, there's probably more I've missed.))
08-21-2006 7:50 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((That's not my call, that's how RPing has always worked.

If it's not established first, then the first time someone uses it one way it becomes able to do that.

Otherwise we'd never be able to do anything without writing out EVERYTHING in info topics first.))

08-21-2006 7:51 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((He never said or implied IC it was a universal editor, and frankly such a thing would be ASTRONOMICAL.

It's safe to say it doesn't exist, because if it did people would have analyzed X, Zero, and the exact nature of Sigma Virus. But they haven't. Because even if you reduce everything to binary, unless you have explicit, near absolute knowledge of the way the thing was designed you are fucked.))
08-21-2006 7:52 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((This has just gone beyond fucking stupid, why hasn't anybody set the ground rules before the RP hit the ground running.))

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

08-21-2006 7:52 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
((My points stand regardless, as they are the roadblock to any universal file editor... and since I'm by no means some computer god, there's probably more I've missed.))

((It was both a purely hypothetical statement designed to shed light on any one of billions of possibilities, and also a possible solution. There is and can not be any evidence that such a hurdle could not be overcome in an alternate future.

Quote:
Originally posted by Manchester Devil
((This has just gone beyond fucking stupid, why hasn't anybody set the ground rules before the RP hit the ground running.))

I promise you that I want it to stop more than anyone else.))

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Old Gabén: 08-21-2006 7:53 PM.

08-21-2006 7:53 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:

((It's not my fault idiots think they can get around the way computers work by claiming they have a God-like program capable of altering anything without prior knowledge of the file format and other requirements.))
08-21-2006 7:54 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((That's assuming that the scans could get a full analyzation of those 3 beings.

And he doesn't HAVE to say it.

If he says it works, it works.

Unless you want to start explaining every last detail of all of your characters attacks and ablities... Which nobody wants, really...))

08-21-2006 7:55 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Where was it claimed God-like?

Seriousky, you albino motherfucker, its 21XX))

08-21-2006 7:55 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((Except it doesn't work, because it is technically impossible when you run into any stretch of reason.))
08-21-2006 7:56 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:

((We set some, but the rest is supposed to be FREEFORM, and X thinks he can make up all the rules.

You can't start making them up after the fact, either.))

08-21-2006 7:56 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((I'm not making up rules, I'm using reason. This is impossible, and frankly you're all ignoring that out of some grudge against me, which is disgusting.))
08-21-2006 7:57 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
((Except it doesn't work, because it is technically impossible when you run into any stretch of reason.))

((FM is technically impossible!

MAGIC is!

Whatever the hell makes X work, I'm guessing it's technically impossible!

And how about this teleportation crap we have?))

08-21-2006 7:58 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

((This has nothing to do with a grudge, but it's nice of you to think so.

The fact that you're always the one doing lame things and trying to make everything more REALISTIC in a FANTASY game, and hyper-ruled, is not my fault.))

Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » No one fucking cares.txt