What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Rehash of Evangelion» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Rehash of Evangelion
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-11-2006 8:05 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That seems a rather apt analogy.
09-11-2006 8:06 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Accurate, too.

09-11-2006 8:19 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The thing that always gets me about EVA is its style. Its giant robots were faaaaarking cool... And then you met the pilots and the whole thing went to shit.

I'm hearing this retelling's going to be more viewer-friendly, so hopefully it'll be more faaaaarking cool robots and less psychoanalysis bullshit.
09-11-2006 8:20 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Robots are Gay. And so are pilots. There is only the X-Men, etc., something about Hugh Jackman, etc., Aussie, etc.

09-11-2006 8:34 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I never saw the appeal of Eva's robots.... I mean, they seem to have shoes when toes go into the ground. That kind of killed it for me... they were more like giant humans instead of robots.

I personally liked, say, Xenogears' mecha better.
09-11-2006 8:39 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Mystic Mechs are the best.

09-11-2006 8:40 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If by that you mean stuff like demon mecha, then yes.
09-12-2006 3:59 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
The thing that always gets me about EVA is its style. Jet Alone was faaaaarking cool... And then you met the pilots and their damned biomechanical soul-powered walking machines and the whole thing went to shit.

I'm hearing this retelling's going to be more viewer-friendly, so hopefully it'll be more faaaaarking cool Jet Alone and less psychoanalysis bullshit.

Fixed because jetalone was really the only robot in the series, and it promised giant robots.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

09-12-2006 6:48 AMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Damn you and your semantics.
09-12-2006 6:58 AMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Mal

SCIENTOLOGY IS A CULT.

09-12-2006 8:06 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Dynamis
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal

SCIENTOLOGY IS A CULT.

YOU'RE BEING GLIB MATT LAUER. YOU DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY OF BIOMECHANICAL FIGHTING MACHINES PILOTED BY EMOS, I DO.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

09-12-2006 9:39 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Fucking EVA pisses me off because it's not a Real Robot show (like Gundam or SPT Layzner, you know, realistic robots that have a chance of being built sometime in the future for the most part), and it's not a Super Robot show (like Combattler V, possibly Gigantor, you know, fucking huge robots with impossible power sources and NON-BIOLOGICAL PARTS. All metal, bitch.)
If I had to classify it, I'd say it's closer to being a Super Robot show.
09-12-2006 9:50 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They're barely even robots though, seriousky.

They're more like bioengneered piles of shit.
09-12-2006 11:38 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilhelm
They're barely even robots though, seriousky.

They're more like bioengneered piles of shit.

They're biological organisms grown from a legless staypuft marshmellow thing riveted to a big red cross (oh also it's got the spear of destiny impaled through it...and yeah, said spear is somehow large enough to be carried by a naval destroyer or something. So I guess both jesus and the roman legionnaires were like the size of godzilla), with metal plates on them so a U.N. subcomittee staffed by people with severe psychiatric issues can control them by jamming orange drink filled tubes with emo children inside into the base of the EVAs skulls.

Right now I've probably made the premise sound like it'd make for something thats fucking HYSTERICAL. And it probably could have been done that way yeah.

edit: Oh right and at one point the spear winds up being thrown into the moon by an albino, an albino clone grown in a giant fishtank looking room.. I'm explaining this so people who haven't seen the show can go "DUDE THIS MUST BE A TOTAL MINDFUCK". It sort of is but at the same time no, it isn't really at all.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-12-2006 12:21 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sharp really has immersed himself in the dank depths of darkess (3 COMBO - MARVELOUS) to be pointing out the finer points of what an Evangelion is so people don't, you know, confuse them with giant robots.

Oh, the horror.

09-12-2006 1:13 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I have stared into the void, and seen the horrors that lurk within peering back.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-12-2006 1:14 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

S'okay, you're still hot.

09-12-2006 8:52 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
like Gundam or SPT Layzner, you know, realistic robots that have a chance of being built sometime in the future for the most part

...so, the uh...real world has effects on how good giant robot anime is.

Dali: Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them.

09-12-2006 8:58 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

People just can't deal with big-ass electrical cords coming out of a socket in one's back, man.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

09-13-2006 11:56 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Maverick
People just can't deal with big-ass electrical cords coming out of a socket in one's back, man.

Now that was stupid.
Peace.

Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Rehash of Evangelion