What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Hmmmm Seraph» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (11): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hmmmm Seraph
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-17-2006 4:49 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
What the hell are you people braying about, and why.

Atlus USA presents Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Atlus USA presents Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

404 Not Found

That answers the what, I dunno the why

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

09-17-2006 5:00 AMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I answered the why already. Smile

I love you Sharp ~ Luv

09-17-2006 5:05 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by X-kun
Quote:
Originally posted by Freddie
Nocturne is far far far better than DDS, imo. IMO

Honestly, you're right. I miss demon fusion and talk commands.

Nocturne is just a more immeresive experience on the whole. DDS has some features that are quite handy, such as being able to switch out skills(which would only be really handy for the main character if it was in Nocturne, since you can't learn something from a matagama once you already have) but overall gameplaywise it's a far more shallow game, which includes the fusion and talk commands. Which, along with a few other things that I'm too lazy to get into really hurt DDS.

I don't think the shallowness of DDS's gameplay would be so much an issue if it wasn't just dungeon grind cutscene dungeon grind with some of the worst dungeons I've seen in an RPG. They're all so repetitive and boring, or at least I find them to be. I never really had this problem with Nocturne but I'm unsure if they were just better or that there was more to the game than just plodding through the dungeons. DDS is just aggrivating for me to play.

As for the story.. the presentation in DDS is more like Final Fantasy and the presentation in Nocturne is more like DragonQuest. DDS probably has a more interesting story but it's also more fucked up.

ANYWAYS

Again, in short Nocturne > DDS we agree ;D

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-17-2006 5:12 AMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

ZOOM!

09-17-2006 5:13 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

SHIZAM

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-17-2006 5:30 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They finally agree on something, good step in the right direction for the Necro vs. X Fight a.k.a. Rumble in the Digital Jungle.

Conan O'Brien: When all else fails there's always delusion.

09-17-2006 6:53 AMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Necro vs. X can have only one winner.

Me.

09-17-2006 7:36 AMRentCavalier is offline Send an Email to RentCavalier Homepage of RentCavalier Search for Posts by RentCavalier Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Digital Devil Saga's plot is all there, and the voice acting is superb, but yes, DDS2 has HORRIBLE pacing. It doesn't make it a worse game, really, but the last part of the game is basically a 20 hour dungeon that you will GRIND in for HOURS.

Oddly enough, though, it sstill fun. Its still enjoyable to purchase those coveted abilities, fight bosses, get deeper and deeper into one of the coolest looking final dungeons, and once you FINALLY have all the abilities you need, Megananda is one of the best/hardest boss fights you'll ever have.

Plus, fighting the Seraphs on Earth and Shiva/Vishnu/Set and Satan in the sun is hella awsome.
09-17-2006 2:19 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Shiva/Vishnu/Set and Satan in the sun is hella awsome.

This is exactly why people are always going to laugh when any of you mention this game.

And as far as the gameplay, yeah. I get it, it's so indescribably awesome to grind through repetitive dungeons so you can fight anubis and thor in some sort of tag team match set in saint peters basillica or whatever loopy horseshit the developers managed to drum up with hysterically incongruous theological elements.

It's still pretty fucking funny to read all of this.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

09-17-2006 3:59 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Religious mythos and pretentious Japs makes for some hilarity ensuing, and whatnot.

Seriosky!

09-17-2006 6:08 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by chaos
Religious mythos and pretentious Japs makes for some hilarity ensuing, and whatnot.

Seriosky!

Yes indeed.
09-17-2006 6:09 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

A=heh indeed!

09-17-2006 9:06 PMRentCavalier is offline Send an Email to RentCavalier Homepage of RentCavalier Search for Posts by RentCavalier Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sharp, you say it, but the plot is REALLY emotional if you've played the first DDS. You'll cry even, if you have a heart that's not two sizes too small.
09-17-2006 9:14 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Rent, I love you because you're adorable. Luv

I don't know if Sharp's just going to shake his head at you, or kill a toddler, but one of the two is going to happen.

09-17-2006 9:14 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sharp will kill my nephew to eliminate competition
09-17-2006 9:15 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

< not your nephew

BUT DEFINITELY A MOD

09-17-2006 9:18 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby Toggies
Sharp will kill my nephew to eliminate competition

...competition for what...?

Maybe I shouldn't ask.

09-17-2006 9:23 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

^ made me a mod

< mod

09-17-2006 9:25 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yes you're a mod, hold it over Zaphod's head.

09-17-2006 9:26 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He's probably reading these topics right now anyway.

Pages (11): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Hmmmm Seraph