What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » The best bands ever.» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The best bands ever.
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-25-2006 3:40 AMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Queen gets my vote.

05-18-2007 7:15 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, Queen, the Beatles..ummm...

No one else off the top of my head, ahaha.

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

01-13-2008 3:00 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I haven't enough knowledge of (or interest in, for that matter) "legitimate" music to accurately gauge whom the best are.

It was probably those guys that played guitars.
04-04-2010 4:37 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

David Bowie is pretty awesome

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

11-06-2010 8:04 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Scott Pilgrim:
Queen gets my vote.

Yeah but what about brian may's anti-air capabilities.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

02-24-2011 10:15 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Laughing My Ass Off

11-03-2011 4:21 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Megadeth

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

12-25-2011 1:03 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

but seriousky, queen

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

12-25-2011 1:21 AMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I can't make the call of best bands ever, but I sure as hell like the fuck outa stuff like Eurythmics (that count?) Siousxie and the Banshees, Blondie, and I don't listen to too much of them but yeah I'm not gonna pretend the Beatles aren't up there on the list. Of anything I can think of and list, they're probably the most realistic and for real choice.

Quote by Toxicroak:
but seriousky, queen

Quote by X:
I THINK YOU SHOULD SHUT THE FUCK UP; ERGO, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

PS: YOU ARE STUPID FOR SAYING THE THING THAT YOU SHOULD SHUT UP ABOUT.

12-25-2011 7:06 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by saboteur seductress assassin lalala:
I can't make the call of best bands ever, but I sure as hell like the fuck outa stuff like Eurythmics (that count?) Siousxie and the Banshees, Blondie, and I don't listen to too much of them but yeah I'm not gonna pretend the Beatles aren't up there on the list. Of anything I can think of and list, they're probably the most realistic and for real choice.

I think I'm confusing eurythmics with something else, theres a synthesizer involved right? Siouxsie and the banshees or however its spelled is pretty good but I probably only ever heard one song...and then I think I forget what blondie is.

Quote by Toxicroak:
but seriousky, queen

That too thats fine.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

03-04-2012 1:21 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Darkness on the edge of town - Bruce Springsteen

Quote by Alizarin:

03-04-2012 1:27 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Love will tear us apart - Joy Division

Quote by Alizarin:

03-04-2012 1:39 AMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:

i love thsi song

Quote by X:

03-04-2012 2:08 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This was the wrong thread because smirnoff/I don't respect herb enough to have fixed it

Quote by Alizarin:

03-04-2012 5:27 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:

Hearing this song is still akin to nails on a chalkboard for myself

03-04-2012 6:47 PMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I heard a live or something version of this song by the same group, and it sounds better. i wish i could find it. it doesn't have that echo-y "i can barely understand what your saying" sound to it the actual version has

Quote by X:

09-24-2013 1:55 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Smiths are like Joy Division but actually good

09-29-2013 3:51 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Franziska von Karma:
The Smiths are like Joy Division but actually good

I forget if I ever listened to the smiths (probably)

But if I like joy division..yeah yeah I know..I'd probably like them too then?

Quote by Alizarin:

09-29-2013 11:01 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Smiths - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now.

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour
But heaven knows I'm miserable now
I was looking for a job, and then I found a job
And heaven knows I'm miserable now
In my life
Why do I give valuable time
To people who don't care if I live or die
Two lovers entwined pass me by
I was looking for a job, and then I found a job
In my life
Oh, why do I give valuable time
What she asked of me at the end of the day
Caligula would have blushed
"You've been in the house too long" she said
And I naturally fled
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye
I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour
But heaven knows I'm miserable now
"You've been in the house too long" she said
And I naturally fled
In my life
Why do I give valuable time

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » The best bands ever.