What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » If you could make a whole new Megaman series...» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page If you could make a whole new Megaman series...
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
12-07-2009 7:13 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i wouldn't mind a shadow complex-style metroid-like with mega man
12-07-2009 7:18 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sean Ponery:
I don't know if they ever actually used a baseball bat as a weapon in any of the SH games, but it totally wouldn't be out of place.

4 had golf clubs.

Actually...origins might have had a baseball bat, not sure

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

12-07-2009 7:26 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If it did I do not recall it.

4's golf clubs stank.
12-07-2009 7:44 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Hey Guys, It's Bonesy!:

Isn't that sort of what the ZX series was already?
12-07-2009 7:49 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

naw ZX is more like "man i bet the free roam segments of Zero were received really well so let's ramp it up!"

shadow complex is like metroid, but to go to different rooms you don't necessarily have to shoot a door, it's more fluid in that sense
12-07-2009 7:55 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I watched a video of Shadow Complex, but it didn't really look like Metroid to me. Looked like a regular 3D action/shooter game, but it was side-scrolling.
12-07-2009 8:01 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

well it borrows quite a bit from 2d metroid

certain objects can be damaged by certain weapons, you pick up enhancements and new equipment, save points are everywhere and they heal a bit similar to metroid prime
12-07-2009 9:37 AMSZO is offline Send an Email to SZO Homepage of SZO Search for Posts by SZO Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Hey Guys, It's Bonesy!:

Shadow Complex IS Metroid like.
12-07-2009 4:20 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

it is, but there are some interesting differences like with the doors and the flashlight
12-07-2009 6:01 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Metroid proves that the best armor of all is a door.

Cover yourself in gray force field doors and Samus can't do shit!
12-07-2009 9:44 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Or blue doors that are really anal-retentive about opening. Doors on Metroid Prime are so frustrating sometimes.
12-09-2009 1:39 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...You do realize they did that to hide loading times, right?
08-07-2010 7:29 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't think I'd do a new Mega Man series. I'd just do a sequel to Maverick Hunter X, where Dr. Cain rises from the dead as a zombie and leads a zombie revolt against X.

Hey, I just made a basis for a new X RP. Sweet.
08-07-2010 8:27 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You'd figure Capcom would have done some kooky tie-in minigame on one of their games for something like that.
08-07-2010 10:45 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That'd be pretty awesome, Moose.
08-07-2010 10:51 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, everybody likes mengaman, and everybody likes zombies. IT'S LIKE PUTTING PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE TOGETHER. Awesome
09-15-2015 3:48 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And X could kill them because they're not technically human anymore. I think

Lincoln: If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.

09-15-2015 4:13 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What kind of zombies are we talking here?

Fuck it, let's reboot this shit. We already have the characters and the basic skeleton of a game, let's learn from the mistakes and make a game humanity can be proud of!

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

09-15-2015 4:15 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I no lie want to make an RPGmaker game of X fighting Nightmares but I never have enough time for it. Once I get a job I can start on it I guess.

Yes, I am saying college is harder than a job.

Lincoln: If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.

09-15-2015 4:32 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

....Which is to imply Max Payne but its about Vile. A bunch of overly florid Film Noir-ish monologues and Vile wasting things.

Quote:
Yes, I am saying college is harder than a job.

There's a lot more bullshit and constant pressure yeah.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » If you could make a whole new Megaman series...