What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » ATHF, Boston, and Lite Brites...» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page ATHF, Boston, and Lite Brites...
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
02-01-2007 9:21 PMKrash is offline Send an Email to Krash Search for Posts by Krash Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Appearently this is a recipe for disaster...

Two held after ad campaign triggers Boston bomb scare - CNN.com

Appearently, a pair of folk hung some Lite Brites with ATHF characters up on a bridge in Boston. Two weeks, fourteen whole days, a fortnight if you will later and some people call in a bomb threat. These were hung up in ten cities. Boston was the only on to get a bomb call.

Quote:
"It had a very sinister appearance," Coakley told reporters. "It had a battery behind it, and wires."

ZOGM! WIREZ! ITZ SO EVUUUUUUUUL! OH THE HUMANITY! NOT WIREZ!

Quote:
Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis called it "unconscionable" that the marketing campaign was executed in a post 9/11 era. "It's a foolish prank on the part of Turner Broadcasting," he said. "In the environment nowadays ... we really have to look at the motivation of the company here and why this happened."

In the enviroment we have now it's impossible to do anything without "emboldening the terrorists." Unless, of course, you're Scooter Libby and let slip the name of a CIA agent undercover in the Middle East. That's perfectly ok.

Quote:
Rep. Ed Markey, a Boston-area congressman, said, "Whoever thought this up needs to find another job."

Fuck that. I think someone is getting a promotion. This was genius.

Now, you must excuse me, there are two nice men in black suit and shades who have come to talk to me about something...

02-01-2007 9:36 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I heard about that, it was hilarious.
02-01-2007 9:38 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lite Brite, Lite Brite, turn on the magic of colored lights

X: I can draw a better swastika than that. It's just a bunch of straight lines!

02-01-2007 9:39 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashu
Appearently, a pair of folk

Hipster shills. Thats what viral marketers are called, and I don't give a fuck how hard they scream that they're "artists". They need to burn in the stygian pits with the rest of their ilk.

Anyway we had a thread about this on pcf, and I briefly considered mentioning how what interests me most about this is how it could be treated as an impromptu training exercise, and perhaps the boston contingent of the DHS (or the local elements acting in the capacity of responding to a terrorist incident) could examine how they handled this, and if they found they could have optimized their performance then options could be explored, why did the other cities these were in not respond to it, you know, actual factual issues...except then I realized they were only interested in/capable of screaming "BU$H, AMERIKKA, PARANOID SHEEPLE" than actually employing one iota of critical thinking. And really I'm just at a point where I don't even fucking try anymore.

PS: This really was all worth it though, because flipping on msnbc at 5 am only to see a lite-brite rendition of ignigknot is one of the most fucking surreal things I can think of.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

02-01-2007 9:39 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...I kept thinking of the dolls
02-01-2007 9:45 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Something about atari graphics is menacing to bostonians.

02-01-2007 9:46 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm just glad they prevented two of these signs from somehow locking into one another, because then they'd have had to deal with the quad laser...and remember, jumping is useless.

(Seriousky if this stunt somehow interferes with the release of the movie, I hope the witless fuck who decided he'd be all EDGY GUERILLA MARKETER is hung from a goddamn flagpole, because theres been enough apparent snafus with the release date and I want to see it already dammit)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

02-01-2007 10:10 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hold the man back, he needs his Adult Swim badly

02-01-2007 10:14 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

OH MY GOD.

Laughing My Ass Off

The news just ran their story, and something about seeing it on TV with their fingers blurred out seems to mean this is serious business.

02-01-2007 10:15 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm tired of this story. Bad form, Boston. Bad form.

Also, I didn't know that a movie was in the works.
Peace.

02-01-2007 10:50 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by D
OH MY GOD.

Laughing My Ass Off

The news just ran their story, and something about seeing it on TV with their fingers blurred out seems to mean this is serious business.

I know, it's fucking surreal is what it is.

Honestly, I really never expected to hear "talking box of french fries" on the news.

Quote:
I didn't know that a movie was in the works.

The funniest part of the trailer to me was how it advertises it as being "from the first assistant director of the second unit of hellraiser 3" because apparently Matt Maiellaro held that job.

edit: This reminds me, one time I was in boston and they were selling t-shirts with some joke about the big dig on them. And I sort of wish I'd brought one since I have all this random as hell political related memorabilia accumulated, including campaign posters from failed presidential bids from before I was born that my parents had.

Quote by Alizarin:

02-01-2007 11:35 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

02-01-2007 11:42 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You know, this is all probably just how they planned all this to go down. First, Boston. Then the rest of the East Coast will fall like a house of cards.
Peace.

02-02-2007 12:12 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...LMAO

Oh GOD is that funny and I don't even watch the shit.

02-02-2007 12:14 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by H
Oh GOD is that funny and I don't even watch the shit.

HOW MANY INTERNETS PTS DO I GET FOR THIS 1?

And ATHF is good. Considering its on [adult swim], I'd recommend it.
Peace.

02-02-2007 12:16 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay that Fox News caption is comical
02-02-2007 12:16 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, it is. Especially since its Fox News and all
Peace.

02-02-2007 12:22 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lol, Fox News.

02-02-2007 12:23 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I haven't watched a news program in years, heh.
02-02-2007 12:24 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by H
Lol, Fox News.

Peace.

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » ATHF, Boston, and Lite Brites...